- Officer hurt in shootout with marathon bombers welcomes son Updated: Apr-22-16 9:11 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A former transit police officer who was critically injured during the shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers has welcomed a son three years to the day after he awoke from a coma.
- Boston Marathon winner gives trophy to 1966 pioneer woman Updated: Apr-19-16 4:56 pm
BOSTON - Atsede Baysa learned a little about the Boston Marathon's history a few days before she ran in it, hearing how Bobbi Gibb was turned down for a spot in the 1966 event but ran anyway to show that women could handle the 26.2 miles.
- Survivor's Boston Marathon: 26.2 miles of agonizing ecstasy Updated: Apr-19-16 1:40 pm
BOSTON - She laughed. She wept. She walked. She ran. For amputee Adrianne Haslet, the Boston Marathon was a grueling 10½-hour odyssey.
- Ethiopian Boston Marathon winners no sure thing for Olympics Updated: Apr-19-16 2:08 am
BOSTON - The 2016 Boston Marathon was a coronation for Ethiopia, which collected its first-ever sweep of the men's and women's titles.
- The Latest: Bomb survivor runs marathon on prosthetic blade Updated: Apr-18-16 11:42 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Monday's 120th running of the Boston Marathon (all times local):
- PHOTO GALLERY: Sights from Monday's 120th Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 8:49 pm
BOSTON - The day started with a photo finish in the men's wheelchair race after the leaders crossed the line three abreast like Chevys at Talladega.
- Boston Marathon bombing movies filmed during Monday race Updated: Apr-18-16 8:23 pm
BOSTON - With the real-life Boston Marathon underway Monday, Hollywood film crews took to the marathon finish line and Fenway Park to shoot scenes for competing movies about the deadly 2013 marathon attacks.
- Festive atmosphere marks 120th Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 6:36 pm
BOSTON - They came bearing cow bells, clever signs and superhero costumes.
- Ethiopian Baysa's late comeback earns Boston Marathon win Updated: Apr-18-16 4:49 pm
BOSTON - Atsede Baysa arrived at the Boston Marathon nearly four years removed from capturing a major marathon title.
- Ethiopians complete 1st-ever sweep of Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Ethiopians ran past the Kenyans on their way to the Boston Marathon finish line Monday and nearly swept them off the victory podium.
- Mississippi State's Mullen finishes Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 4:00 pm
BOSTON - Mississippi State football coach Dan Mullen has finished the Boston Marathon with an unofficial time of 4 hours, 28 minutes and 35 seconds.
- Fast times, $16M for charity: Boston Marathon things to know Updated: Apr-17-16 1:00 pm
BOSTON - Happy birthday to the Boston Marathon, which turns 120 on Monday. (You don't look a day over 90.)
- A new battle for 20 wounded US veterans: The Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-17-16 12:59 pm
BOSTON - Twenty U.S. military veterans wounded in action in Iraq and Afghanistan will face a new battle: reaching the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
- Boston Marathon celebrates 50 years of women in the race Updated: Apr-16-16 7:49 pm
BOSTON - When Joan Benoit Samuelson was in high school in the 1970s, the longest distance she was allowed to run was a half-mile.
- 1st woman to finish Boston Marathon sculpts her own statue Updated: Apr-14-16 1:21 am
BOSTON - Some of the biggest names in Boston Marathon history are backing an effort to put up a statue honoring the first woman to complete the race - an accomplished sculptor who has been commissioned to create the piece.
- Feds plan aerial radiation tests ahead of Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-11-16 5:21 pm
BOSTON - Federal officials are warning Boston-area residents they'll be conducting aerial tests for radiation ahead of this year's Boston Marathon.
- 2 earn scholarship named for Boston Marathon bomb victim Updated: Apr-11-16 10:46 am
BOSTON - Two junior business majors have been named this year's recipients of a $5,000 University of Massachusetts scholarship awarded in honor of a Boston Marathon bombing victim.
- Marathon champion Meb Keflezighi to speak at Boston College Updated: Apr-10-16 11:11 am
CHESTNUT HILL, Massachusetts - Meb Keflezighi, the 2014 Boston Marathon champion, will speak at Boston College this week.
- Boston Marathon security: 5,000 cops, no drones or backpacks Updated: Apr-06-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As security plans for this year's Boston Marathon are being finalized, lessons learned from the 2013 marathon bombing and three major attacks elsewhere over the last year are being incorporated, authorities said Wednesday.
- Lawmakers take on bill inspired by marathon bombing survivor Updated: Apr-05-16 6:37 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers inspired by a resident who lost a leg in the Boston Marathon bombings are moving forward on legislation to make victims of terrorist attacks eligible for compensation even if the attack happened outside the state.