- Former Gov. Crist buys 2 Tampa Bay area homes Updated: Aug-04-15 3:30 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - After decades of renting, former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is finally a homeowner.
- Man buys damaged landmark Onion House in Delmont to save it Updated: Aug-04-15 8:25 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - A landmark house in the tornado-ravaged town of Delmont is in the hands of a new owner who wants to secure its future.
- Mormon official buys New York home where Brigham Young lived Updated: Jul-31-15 10:01 am
PORT BYRON, New York - A descendant of early Mormon church leader Brigham Young has bought the central New York home where his ancestor lived two decades before leading the Mormon migration to Utah.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage falls to 3.98 percent Updated: Jul-30-15 11:12 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates fell for a second straight week, with the key 30-year rate slipping below 4 percent.
- US pending home sales slip in June Updated: Jul-30-15 1:32 am
WASHINGTON - The number of signed contracts to buy homes fell in June, as limited supplies of homes on the market are holding back possible sales growth.
- Mike Holmes: Buy a home using intelligence, not illusion Updated: Jul-29-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - Mike Holmes, famous for calling out bad plumbing, woodworking and electrical work on the HGTV show "Holmes on Homes," says there are steps homebuyers can take to avoid many of those problems.
- Couple says city wrongly filled in pool at Detroit home Updated: Jul-29-15 2:46 am
DETROIT - A couple who bought a Detroit home to move from Hawaii says a city contractor filled in the house's pool without their knowledge or permission.
- Strong home sales, limited supply lift US home prices in May Updated: Jul-28-15 12:08 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose steadily in May, pushed higher by a healthy increase in sales this year.
- Kankakee man gets 5-year sentence in marijuana-growing case Updated: Jul-28-15 4:06 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A 38-year-old Kankakee man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for growing marijuana plants with the intent to distribute them.
- Charleston's historic Savage House full of antique charm Updated: Jul-26-15 9:52 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Elegantly perched on Capitol Hill, the Savage House has overlooked the city of Charleston for more than 100 years.
- Flagstaff to assist police officers in buying new homes Updated: Jul-25-15 6:17 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Flagstaff police officers will get a financial assist from the city when buying a new home.
- Can US housing industry's comeback endure? The outlook dims Updated: Jul-24-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market has sizzled this summer, lifting expectations that home sales will finally help drive an economic expansion now in its seventh year.
- US new-home sales hit June slump Updated: Jul-24-15 10:37 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans bought new homes in June, a possible sign that the real estate market might not be as hot as it appeared at the start of summer.
- Dunham House subject of documentary film effort Updated: Jul-23-15 5:14 am
KEMPTON, Indiana - Historians, a radio host, Miami Indians and staffers working for President Barack Obama recently converged in the small town of Kempton.
- US home sales surged in June to fastest pace in 8-plus years Updated: Jul-22-15 12:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans bought homes in June at the fastest rate in over eight years, pushing prices to record highs as buyer demand has eclipsed the availability of houses on the market.
- Feds: Man tried to export night-vision goggles to China Updated: Jul-21-15 8:46 pm
HONOLULU - A man was arrested in Hawaii for allegedly arranging to buy six pairs of military-grade night-vision goggles from an undercover federal agent and trying to export them to China, court documents show.
- Restoring Historic Boehne House a labor of love for family Updated: Jul-21-15 5:10 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - For the last few years, Nikki Davis found herself daydreaming each time she drove past 1119 Lincoln Ave.
- Metro Sioux City struggles with rental housing crunch Updated: Jul-19-15 10:26 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - After a long day at work, Joel Simental blithely returns to his rental house in Sioux City's Morningside neighborhood.
- Vacant factory building purchased to house homeless Updated: Jul-18-15 2:17 pm
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - An advocacy group has bought a vacant factory building south of downtown and plans to convert it to a shelter and resource center for the area's homeless.
- Morgantown resident stands out from herd with 'Cow House' Updated: Jul-18-15 10:08 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Jennifer Forester lives in a pretty nice neighborhood.
- Home for retired musicians raises funds to buy Verdi letters Updated: Jul-15-15 11:46 am
MILAN - A home for retired musicians created by composer Giuseppe Verdi secured a cache of his joking and sometimes off-color correspondence with an Italian count for the bargain price of 120,000 euros ($132,000), officials said Wednesday.
- Carl's housing startup buys Alabama manufacturer Updated: Jul-15-15 4:32 am
GREENWOOD, Mississippi - C3 Designs Inc. a luxury modular housing startup in Greenwood, has bought an Alabamabased home manufacturer.
- Twin Cities homes sold at record pace last month Updated: Jul-13-15 7:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Houses in the Twin Cities metro sold at a record pace last month.
- Dubuque approves incentives for officers, firefighters Updated: Jul-07-15 1:58 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Dubuque City Council approved a financial incentives package for police officers and firefighters buying homes in the city's downtown area.
- City of Charles Town, 'Friends' group purchase Happy Retreat Updated: Jul-06-15 9:14 am
CHARLES TOWN, West Virginia - Charles Town founder Charles Washington's home, Happy Retreat, has been purchased.