- US pending home sales climb to 9-year high Updated: Jun-29-15 10:41 am
WASHINGTON - More Americans signed contracts to purchase homes in May, as pending sales climbed to their highest level in more than nine years.
- 89-year-old Indiana piano teacher has no plans to slow down Updated: Jun-29-15 9:29 am
FARMERSBURG, Indiana - When a Sullivan County woman combined her love for music and teaching, the result was a half a century of sharing her talent with Wabash Valley residents of all ages.
- Wolves to hold open house for prospective ticket-buyers Updated: Jun-26-15 2:57 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves have scheduled an open house for fans considering season tickets, trying to build off the buzz created by their high-profile draft picks.
- To sway regulators, Charter pledges to play nice on Internet Updated: Jun-25-15 3:15 pm
NEW YORK - Charter is trying to convince the government that consumers will benefit if it is allowed to create a cable giant through its proposed $67.1 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable and Bright House.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage edges up to 4.02 pct. Updated: Jun-25-15 11:09 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates were mixed this week, marking slight increases or declines but remaining close to high levels for the year.
- US consumers ramp up May spending; largest gain since 2009 Updated: Jun-25-15 10:01 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer spending surged in May with the biggest monthly increase in nearly six years - a sign of stronger economic growth ahead.
- NC treasurer highlights new buyers for Homeownership Month Updated: Jun-24-15 4:04 am
DURHAM, North Carolina - North Carolina's state treasurer is highlighting resources available for people who hope to purchase their own homes as part of her recognition of June as Homeownership Month.
- Fastest rising rents in US? Jackson, Mississippi Updated: Jun-23-15 3:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Home rental prices are climbing across much of the United States - with the biggest gains coming from not from New York or San Francisco but Jackson, Mississippi, and Portland, Maine.
- Massachusetts newlyweds win $15 million in lottery Updated: Jun-23-15 11:04 am
EASTHAM, Massachusetts - Newlyweds from Cape Cod are planning to buy a house, pay off student loans and buy a truck after winning $15 million on an instant scratch-off ticket.
- US new-home sales in May climb to best levels since 2008 Updated: Jun-23-15 10:45 am
WASHINGTON - Purchases of new U.S. homes surged in the Northeast and West in May, as steady job growth over the past year has lifted the real estate sector.
- Lusk woman using contest to sell century-old mansion Updated: Jun-23-15 5:04 am
LUSK, Wyoming - A Lusk woman is looking to sell her $900,000, 15-room bed-and-breakfast for only $150 and an essay.
- Here's why home sales are finally surging Updated: Jun-22-15 5:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Real estate has gotten hot again.
- Lone Star Funds buying Home Properties for about $4.36B Updated: Jun-22-15 9:17 am
NEW YORK - Private equity firm Lone Star Funds is taking Home Properties private for approximately $4.36 billion.
- Home Bancorp buys Louisiana Bancorp in $74.5 million deal Updated: Jun-19-15 3:26 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette-based Home Bancorp Inc. will acquire Metairie-based Louisiana Bancorp in a cash deal valued at $74.5 million.
- California home sales rise; median price tops $400,000 Updated: Jun-18-15 4:53 pm
IRVINE, California - California home sales continued their year-over-year rise last month as the state recovers from its housing slump. The median price of homes hit $401,000 statewide and $650,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area, a real estate research firm reported Thursday.
- Joplin council endorses use of remaining recovery funds Updated: Jun-18-15 4:26 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - The Joplin City Council approved a plan this week on how to spend more than $97 million it has remaining from federal recovery funds for areas damaged by a 2011 tornado.
- Ohio House votes to restore rare coins sales-tax exemption Updated: Jun-18-15 12:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has overwhelmingly voted to restore a sales-tax exemption for residents purchasing rare coins and precious metal bullion.
- Vermont nonprofit housing service to demolish old house Updated: Jun-17-15 3:50 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont nonprofit has taken control of an empty house that it plans to demolish and replace as part of a city-wide effort to revitalize Rutland neighborhoods.
- Rams' redone offense faces adjustments Updated: Jun-16-15 8:28 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Rams' offense has a new look just about everywhere.
- Michigan class teaching Detroiters how to buy, fix homes Updated: Jun-10-15 10:00 am
DETROIT - A University of Michigan class is teaching students from Detroit how to acquire abandoned homes, fix them up and rent them out as part of an effort to create lively, walkable neighborhoods.
- Judge to set Chinese drywall damages for 2,700 homeowners Updated: Jun-09-15 4:02 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Lawyers for people contending that Chinese drywall damaged their homes say they have a simple way to help the 2,700 in a class-action suit.
- Long Island town to buy, demolish 7 Sandy-damaged houses Updated: Jun-09-15 6:30 am
BROOKHAVEN, New York - A Long Island town is purchasing and demolishing seven houses damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
- Northern Illinois home where musicians performed for sale Updated: Jun-07-15 3:06 pm
WOODSTOCK, Illinois - A northern Illinois home where musicians such as folk singer Pete Seeger once performed and signed the wooden rafters is for sale.
- Grant moves Levi Coffin House closer to interpretive center Updated: Jun-07-15 3:01 pm
FOUNTAIN CITY, Indiana - Every dollar brings the dream of an interpretive center for the Levi Coffin House State Historic Site closer to reality.
- Connecticut family wins award for restoring 1895 house Updated: Jun-06-15 3:05 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Jerri Narracci was excited when her son and daughter-in-law said they had bought a large home on Orange Street.