- US small businesses feel mixed impact from China's economy Updated: Sep-03-15 3:52 pm
NEW YORK - China's economic problems have been a windfall for some U.S. small businesses - and pose a threat to others.
- EXCHANGE: First house in Plainfield example of preservation Updated: Aug-31-15 4:10 am
PLAINFIELD, Illinois - John and Keebie Bright's new home in Plainfield is filled with antiques.
- Impact of 340 expansion in Jefferson County still unclear Updated: Aug-30-15 9:55 am
CHARLES TOWN, West Virginia - The West Virginia Division of Highways says construction on the expansion of U.S. 340 South in Jefferson County, in the works since 1999, may not begin for another three years.
- Man walking home from store killed by hit-and-run driver Updated: Aug-29-15 12:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A 29-year-old man who was walking home from a store in Little Rock after buying a birthday present for his brother was killed when he was struck by a hit-and-run driver in a van.
- 'Fire hazard' home burns as couple signs deed to buy it Updated: Aug-27-15 10:08 am
MEYERSDALE, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania couple who bought a neighboring vacant house because they feared it was a fire hazard was right: It caught fire while they were at the county courthouse signing the deed.
- Astoria struggling with shortage of housing Updated: Aug-26-15 12:54 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Anyone who has tried to rent an apartment or buy a house in Astoria since the recession knows the story: few choices, relatively high cost.
- Western NY homes used by family drug ring being demolished Updated: Aug-25-15 5:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Six houses in Buffalo that were once used by a family of drug dealers are being demolished by authorities.
- US new-home sales rebound in July Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their purchases of new homes in July, with sales surging in the Northeast.
- AP survey: Dimmer outlook for US economy, wages and hiring Updated: Aug-24-15 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - For much of the economy's fitful and sluggish six-year recovery from the Great Recession, analysts have foreseen a sunnier future: Growth would pick up in six months, or in a year.
- Family of 5 sells house, moves into 200-square-foot home Updated: Aug-23-15 11:47 am
SELBY, South Dakota - A family of five has traded in their 2,500-square-foot house for a 200-square-foot living space in northern South Dakota.
- Mexico's first lady returns mansion after scandal broke out Updated: Aug-21-15 6:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - First lady Angelica Rivera has returned the $7 million mansion she bought from a firm that won lucrative contracts with the administration of President Enrique Pena Nieto, Mexico's Public Administration Department said Friday.
- Polytechnic board approves nearly $1M for presidential home Updated: Aug-21-15 5:58 am
LAKELAND, Florida - Florida Polytechnic University's board of trustees has agreed to buy President Randy Avent a $975,000 home.
- US home sales soar in July to fastest pace since early 2007 Updated: Aug-20-15 12:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their home-buying for a third straight month in July, as sales accelerated to the strongest pace in eight years.
- Boomerang home buyers poised to return to market with a roar Updated: Aug-20-15 4:52 am
TRINITY, Florida - Tears still spring into Debbie Cooley-Guy's eyes when she thinks about her dream home, with its wide, sweeping porch. It overlooked a bayou filled with wading birds, a glittering blue pool and the space for not only a 12-foot Christmas tree, but a grand piano as well.
- Public to get chance to buy piece of old State House dome Updated: Aug-19-15 4:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Members of the public may soon be able to get their hands on a piece of the century-old green copper removed from the dome of the Maine State House.
- Killer deal: 'The Silence of the Lambs' house up for sale Updated: Aug-19-15 1:01 pm
PERRYOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - Celebrate your purchase of this lovely four-bedroom Victorian with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
- Single-family houses fuel gains in US homebuilding in July Updated: Aug-18-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders started work on single-family houses last month at the fastest pace since the Great Recession began in late 2007.
- More millennials stuck renting for years before buying home Updated: Aug-17-15 12:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Home ownership, that celebrated hallmark of the American dream, is increasingly on hold for younger Americans.
- Terre Haute remembers Columbia House after bankruptcy Updated: Aug-14-15 7:34 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Millions of baby boomers' music memories connect to Terre Haute.
- Report: Son had threatened to kill self before, shot mother Updated: Aug-13-15 4:02 pm
AMHERST, New Hampshire - A man who fatally shot his mother, then himself last year, had threatened to kill himself before and had struggled with alcohol and prescription drug addiction, Attorney General Joseph Foster said in a report released Thursday.
- US mortgage debt little changed even as sales, prices rise Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans are buying more homes and at higher prices, yet new data shows that mortgage debt is little changed.
- Bonner County to purchase home constructed in floodway Updated: Aug-11-15 2:34 pm
SANDPOINT, Idaho - Bonner County is buying a 20-acre property that threatens National Flood Insurance Program funding for more than 200 landowners.
- Parent of Columbia House files for bankruptcy protection Updated: Aug-10-15 5:16 pm
NEW YORK - The company that once offered to sell you eight CDs for 1 cent has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after almost 20 years of falling sales.
- Council considers buying historic Evansville movie house Updated: Aug-10-15 4:08 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana is planning a series of public forums starting in September to hear from neighbors, artists and community members whether it should purchase a historic movie house in Evansville.
- Illinois housing agency offers federal down payment help Updated: Aug-08-15 4:09 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Help with down payments for first-time home buyers is available from the Illinois Housing Development Authority.