- AP Interview: Wade chooses to stay with Heat Updated: Jul-02-15 10:25 pm
MIAMI - After 12 years with the Miami Heat, Dwyane Wade needed a reminder of how much the franchise valued him.
- Warriors, Draymond Green agree to 5-year, $85M deal Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 am
OAKLAND, California - No need to seek out an offer sheet in restricted free agency. Draymond Green is coming back to the Golden State Warriors on his own terms.
- Cavaliers break the bank on Day 1 of free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 9:03 pm
Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert promised LeBron James he would do whatever it took financially to surround him with a team capable of ending the city's 51-year championship drought.
- Cavs give offers to Thompson, Dellavedova, Shumpert Updated: Jun-30-15 5:30 pm
CLEVELAND - Tristan Thompson, Matthew Dellavedova and Iman Shumpert all received qualifying offers from Cleveland on Tuesday, meaning the Cavaliers can match any offers those players get from other clubs this summer.
- Stephen Curry overtakes LeBron James for NBA's top jersey Updated: Jun-30-15 2:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry has surpassed LeBron James for the most popular jersey in the NBA.
- Russell ready to restore Lakers glory alongside Nance, Brown Updated: Jun-29-15 7:59 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - D'Angelo Russell was the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, and he chose the No. 1 jersey with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Warriors exercise Speights' contract option for next season Updated: Jun-29-15 4:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Golden State Warriors have begun the process of keeping their championship roster intact.
- Athletes adjusting to cameras all over arenas, stadiums Updated: Jun-29-15 3:09 am
When LeBron James pulls into the parking lot at Quicken Loans Arena, there are cameras waiting.
- AP Source: LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent Updated: Jun-28-15 6:30 pm
For the third time in six seasons, LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent.
- Cavaliers make draft deal, learn J.R. Smith now a free agent Updated: Jun-26-15 1:38 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Not only did the Cavaliers not pick first in the NBA draft, they traded their only first-rounder this year.
- LA Lakers grab D'Angelo Russell with 2nd pick in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:32 am
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Lakers are betting D'Angelo Russell is ready for Showtime.
- Mavs get Anderson from Virginia, Carlisle alma mater, at 21 Updated: Jun-26-15 1:02 am
DALLAS - Justin Anderson offered enough of what Dallas wanted for the Mavericks to stay put with their first-round pick in the NBA draft for the first time in nine years.
- Spurs take Serbian C Milutinov at No. 26 in draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:56 am
SAN ANTONIO - Eighteen years to the day after selecting Tim Duncan, the San Antonio Spurs chose another former swimmer in the first round of the NBA draft.
- Warriors draft UCLA's Kevon Looney Updated: Jun-26-15 12:22 am
OAKLAND, California - There are varying reports about the severity of Kevon Looney's hip injury. None of them were enough to dissuade the Golden State Warriors from selecting the 19-year-old UCLA freshman with their first-round draft pick.
- Larry Nance Jr.'s NBA draft stock has risen Updated: Jun-24-15 11:36 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Larry Nance Jr's ticket to the NBA may have very little to do with his basketball skillset.
- Gentry aims to bring Pelicans victory parade down Canal St. Updated: Jun-22-15 8:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Alvin Gentry apologized for a raspy voice during his introductory news conference Monday as coach of the New Orleans Pelicans.
- 3 shot during Warriors parade not linked to celebration Updated: Jun-22-15 3:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Police say the three people shot during the Golden State Warriors celebration in Oakland were not linked to the parade or rally.
- Parade, large rally celebrate NBA champion Warriors Updated: Jun-19-15 7:59 pm
OAKLAND, California - The streets of Oakland were awash in yellow and blue as hundreds of thousands of fans watched and cheered the Golden State Warriors victory parade, which has been 40 years in the making.
- 3 shot blocks away from Golden State Warriors celebration Updated: Jun-19-15 6:43 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three people shot five blocks from the NBA championship celebration for the Golden State Warriors in Oakland are in stable condition.
- Cavs coach says bond with LeBron 'more than meets the eye' Updated: Jun-18-15 7:52 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Even after guiding a team wrecked by injuries to the NBA Finals in his first season, Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt can't escape a narrative that's shadowed him for months.
- Warriors believe more titles could be in their future Updated: Jun-18-15 6:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - The parade is not until Friday. The Golden State Warriors are already looking ahead to what could be a promising future.
- Pelicans' Gordon exercises final year option of contract Updated: Jun-18-15 6:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Pelicans guard Eric Gordon has exercised the final-year option in his contract, which will pay him about $15.5 million next season.
- NBA sees retail, digital records from NBA Finals Updated: Jun-18-15 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA Finals, which produced record viewership for ABC, also gave the league its best results in retail and digital categories.
- Warriors return to Bay Area as NBA champions Updated: Jun-17-15 8:14 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry came off the plane, lifted the Larry O'Brien Trophy as he walked down the mobile staircase and let the gold award shine in the California sun.
- Obama phones coaches of Warriors, Blackhawks with congrats Updated: Jun-17-15 6:24 pm