- LeBron, Love power Cavaliers to 116-78 romp over Raptors Updated: May-26-16 12:43 am
CLEVELAND - Back home, the Cavaliers were not hospitable. Just rude.
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Warriors facing long odds down 3-1, but it has been done Updated: May-25-16 8:05 am
MIAMI - Here's good news for Golden State: It's not over.
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of elimination Updated: May-25-16 7:27 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Suddenly, these Golden State Warriors who have been compared all season to the Chicago Bulls dynasty of the 1990s are on the brink of elimination.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him Updated: May-24-16 1:51 pm
MIAMI - Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching Updated: May-21-16 3:47 am
OAKLAND, California - Billy Donovan is trying to accomplish the improbable and lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a championship as a first-year NBA coach, just as Steve Kerr did guiding Golden State to its first title in 40 years last June in his rookie season running the Warriors.
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron Updated: May-20-16 6:26 pm
This is our Magic vs. Bird.
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach Updated: May-18-16 9:53 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks want Jeff Hornacek as their next coach.
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors Updated: May-18-16 6:48 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Kyrie Irving dribbled behind his back and then behind his back again, leaving Toronto's Cory Joseph grasping at air.
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air Updated: May-18-16 2:10 am
Starting a postseason 9-0 does not guarantee a championship.
- Plenty of star power remains at point guard in NBA playoffs Updated: May-17-16 2:12 am
MIAMI - LeBron James is fond of saying that today's NBA is driven by point guards.
- NBA House: May be meeting point for ticketless Olympic fans Updated: May-17-16 12:39 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - For those fans who don't have Olympic tickets, or are around downtown Rio de Janeiro and don't want to trudge out to the Olympic Park in suburban Rio, the NBA is providing an alternative.
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 Updated: May-16-16 8:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - Jim McMillian, who helped the Los Angeles Lakers to a 33-game winning streak and the 1972 NBA championship as a second-year pro playing with Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West, died Monday. He was 68.
- Capsule preview of the Cavaliers-Raptors East finals Updated: May-16-16 3:12 pm
- Warriors rest up and gear up to face Thunder in West finals Updated: May-13-16 9:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry surprised coach Steve Kerr with how quickly he found his groove the past two games after returning from a right knee injury, even with a few more misses than usual for the MVP.
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals Updated: May-12-16 2:44 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry raised his left arm in triumph and cradled the game ball in his right as yellow confetti fell.
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again Updated: May-10-16 7:50 pm
OAKLAND, California - From the jaw-dropping half-court heaves that somehow sink through the net to the dazzling drives and zippy passes from every which way, Stephen Curry's desire to keep getting better while always trying to entertain at every stop has the Golden State superstar being mentioned right along with the best ever, Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson.
- Curry returns with 40 points in 132-125 OT win over Blazers Updated: May-10-16 3:02 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Stephen Curry nailed a 3-pointer in overtime and gestured to the crowd, exclaiming over and over: "I'm back! I'm back!"
- San Antonio's RC Buford named NBA Executive of the Year Updated: May-09-16 6:07 pm
R.C. Buford is the last person to take a victory lap, especially when the San Antonio Spurs are in the middle of a second-round playoff fight with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- NBA, Mountain Dew launch national 3-on-3 competition tour Updated: May-09-16 12:38 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA and Mountain Dew are launching a 3-on-3 competition tour that will award the winning teams spots in next year's USA Basketball 3-on-3 tournament.
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals Updated: May-09-16 2:31 am
ATLANTA - The Big Three yucked it up after their latest playoff sweep, a far cry from the uneasiness that prevailed at the beginning of their relationship.
- Walton has unfinished work with Warriors before Lakers job Updated: Apr-30-16 6:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - Luke Walton was in no rush to leave his job as an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors.
- Blazers advance 4-2 with 106-103 victory over the Clippers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Even as they huddled after the victory that sent them through to the next round, the Portland Trail Blazers were drawing inspiration from the doubters.
- Sioux Falls Skyforce win NBA Development League championship Updated: Apr-28-16 6:35 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Skyforce is the champion of the NBA Development League.
- AP Source: Knicks interview Blatt for coaching job Updated: Apr-27-16 10:07 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks have interviewed former Cleveland coach David Blatt for their head coaching position, a person with knowledge of the details said Wednesday.