- Defense testimony wraps up in federal cyberstalking trial Updated: Jul-06-15 4:46 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Defense attorneys called their final witnesses Monday as the trial winds down in the federal conspiracy and cyberstalking case against the widow and children of a man who killed his ex-daughter-in-law at a Delaware courthouse.
- Man charged with threatening Obama's life in online post Updated: Jul-06-15 4:32 pm
BOSTON - A man has been charged with posting on an FBI website that he planned to kill President Barack Obama.
- Final News of the World journalist sentenced over hacking Updated: Jul-06-15 9:29 am
LONDON - Four years after a phone-hacking scandal sank the News of the World, the last of the tabloid's journalists to face charges has been sentenced.
- Ex-judge accused of making fake sex ads for ex-girlfriends Updated: Jul-03-15 10:19 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A former Galveston County judge has been arrested and charged with two counts of online harassment after police say he created fake online ads saying two ex-girlfriends were available for sex-for-hire.
- NJ fire captain arrested in online child-sex sting Updated: Jul-03-15 5:58 am
STRATFORD, New Jersey - Prosecutors say a New Jersey volunteer fire captain went online to arrange sex with a woman and her underage daughter.
- Experts: Hacking probe will stretch if Cards execs involved Updated: Jul-03-15 3:00 am
HOUSTON - The federal hacking investigation of the St. Louis Cardinals could take longer if high-level executives are implicated in the breach of the Houston Astros' database, according to legal experts.
- Teacher charged with trying to buy child pornography online Updated: Jun-30-15 8:09 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Southbridge middle math school teacher has been arrested on charges that he tried to buy child pornography from the Philippines online.
- New Colorado laws address homemade hash oil, cyberbullying Updated: Jun-30-15 7:58 pm
DENVER - People who make marijuana hash oil with hazardous materials at home will face felony charges in Colorado, and online bullies will be subject to penalties for harassment under new state laws taking effect Wednesday.
- Oro Valley police: Tucson woman is accused of internet fraud Updated: Jun-30-15 4:49 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A Tucson woman is in custody after authorities say they recovered dozens of fraudulently purchased items from her apartment.
- Utah businessman accused of fraud rejects plea deal Updated: Jun-30-15 3:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Businessman Jeremy Johnson, a key witness in the criminal cases against two former Utah attorneys general, rejected a plea deal Tuesday that federal prosecutors offered in a wide-ranging fraud case.
- Ga. man sentenced in robbery arranged through Craigslist Updated: Jun-29-15 3:26 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - Cobb County prosecutors say a man has been sentenced in an armed robbery that he orchestrated through a Craigslist advertisement.
- Phoenix internet cafe manager accused of illegal gambling Updated: Jun-25-15 4:07 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix internet cafe manager has been arrested after an investigation into illegal gambling.
- Man suspected in $55M cyberattacks pleads not guilty in US Updated: Jun-24-15 3:46 pm
NEW YORK - A Turkish man accused of masterminding a series of cyberattacks that resulted in a loss of more than $55 million to the global financial system was extradited to the United States and pleaded not guilty Wednesday in a New York courtroom.
- Kearneysville man sentenced for threatening school online Updated: Jun-23-15 9:37 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A Kearneysville man has been sentenced for using a hacked Twitter account to threaten a school.
- 11 arrested in undercover Galveston prostitution sting Updated: Jun-23-15 8:57 am
GALVESTON, Texas - Galveston police say 11 out-of-towners face charges in a prostitution and child sex investigation linked to an online sting.
- New Jersey man sentenced for distributing child pornography online Updated: Jun-22-15 5:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man is headed to prison for distributing images of child sexual abuse online.
- Last Craigslist killing defendant sentenced, again Updated: Jun-20-15 9:13 am
TACOMA, Washington - The last of four defendants in the 2010 home invasion robbery and killing of a man who advertised a ring on Craigslist has been sentenced to 97 years in prison for his role.
- While feds investigate, MLB holds back on hacking probe Updated: Jun-19-15 2:49 am
The case of compromised Houston Astros player intel is a federal investigation, not a baseball probe, says MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred.
- Cardinals chairman DeWitt: 'Roguish' behavior to blame Updated: Jun-18-15 7:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. blamed "roguish behavior" for the team's involvement in the alleged hacking of the Houston Astros' player personnel database.
- Astros GM Luhnow disputes details related to hacking probe Updated: Jun-18-15 12:32 pm
HOUSTON - Houston Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow says the notion that poor password protection is to blame for a computer hack of his team's player database is "absolutely false."
- Las Vegas man sentenced for fraudulent online school Updated: Jun-18-15 6:16 am
RENO, Nevada - A Las Vegas man has been ordered to repay more than $300,000 to the state after he misreported the number of students attending his online school.
- Attorney says Cardinals execs not behind Astros hacking Updated: Jun-17-15 8:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - High-level executives of the St. Louis Cardinals were not involved in the hacking of the Houston Astros' player personnel database, an attorney hired by the team said Wednesday, citing an internal review.
- Girl accused of stabbing classmate to get Internet access Updated: Jun-10-15 8:11 pm
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - One of the girls charged with trying to kill a friend to please a fictitious horror character will be given limited Internet access.
- Police arrest dozens of suspects in cybercrime investigation Updated: Jun-10-15 5:40 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Police have arrested dozens of suspects in an international investigation into a cybercrime gang that siphoned millions of euros from victims' accounts in an identity fraud scam.
- Verona man charged with cyber stalking sheriff's office Updated: Jun-10-15 4:22 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bond has been set at $100,000 for a Verona man for allegedly making online threats against the Lee County Sheriff's Office.