- Estimates shows central Indiana communities growing fastest Updated: May-22-16 4:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - New census estimates show the Indianapolis metropolitan area includes four of the five fastest-growing counties in Indiana and 10 of the 11 fastest-growing cities and towns with populations of at least 5,000.
- More red foxes migrating to the suburbs in central Ohio Updated: May-22-16 10:31 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Paul Crumrine can sometimes catch a quick glimpse of one of his new furry neighbors as the sun starts to set.
- US census estimates show stagnant growth in Maine population Updated: May-19-16 1:00 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - New estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau show that the population of Maine has remained stagnant, with some growth in the southern suburbs.
- South Florida, Orlando, Fort Myers lead Florida's growth Updated: May-19-16 11:46 am
ORLANDO, Florida - In the years since Florida's population growth dropped to its lowest level in decades, the state's expansion has rebounded the most in inland communities in South Florida, the suburbs of Orlando and the Fort Myers area, according to figures released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Boston prison rethinking purpose of incarceration Updated: May-16-16 9:31 am
BOSTON - The tomato seedlings in the urban garden were sprouting. The basketball court was filled with men in blue, gray, and brown uniforms shooting hoops and doing pushups. Inside, at vocational classes, men learned the art of tailoring a suit while a group of women studied toward their GEDs.
- Denver suburb uses pot sales tax revenue to help homeless Updated: May-03-16 2:35 pm
AURORA, Colorado - The Denver suburb of Aurora is using recreational marijuana sales tax revenue to help the homeless.
- Report: High concentration of suburban poverty in Columbus Updated: May-01-16 10:26 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new report on poverty in Ohio found that Columbus has the state's greatest concentration of suburban poor.