- In Paris suburb, residents wait out the bloody gunbattle Updated: Nov-19-15 5:13 am
SAINT-DENIS, France - In a beer bottle-cluttered apartment on Boucheries Street, in the Parisian suburb of Saint-Denis, two young waiters, two journalists and a graphic designer shared cigarettes, watched television and waited for the bloody conclusion.
- Ferguson police to launch forums about community policing Updated: Nov-06-15 8:34 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - The St. Louis suburb thrust into worldwide headlines last year with the police shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown is inviting the public to weigh in on its neighborhood policing efforts.
- Oil company seeks permit to drill at Detroit-area church Updated: Nov-05-15 8:36 am
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - An oil and gas exploration company has applied for a permit to drill an exploratory well on the grounds of a suburban Detroit church despite concerns in the community about possible environmental effects.
- Federal lawsuit questions St. Louis suburb's municipal fines Updated: Nov-04-15 5:15 pm
ST. LOUIS - A federal lawsuit filed Wednesday alleged a St. Louis suburb whose population is largely black relentlessly tickets for things such as mismatched curtains, walking on the wrong side of a crosswalk and barbecuing in front of a house.
- Drought, other factors contribute to larger Texas wildfires Updated: Oct-28-15 4:57 pm
DALLAS - Larger, more threatening wildfires are occurring at greater rates as Texas faces lingering drought, consistent development - driven by millions of new residents and the spread of outlying suburbs - and changes in how the state's land is used.