- Harvard launches 'virtual classroom' for students anywhere Updated: Sep-01-15 1:22 am
BOSTON - The newest classroom at Harvard's business school has no desks or chairs. Instead, the professor teaches facing a towering digital screen that stretches from wall to wall, filled with the live video feeds of up to 60 students tuned in from their computers.
- Companies aid needy with Internet access in south Ala Updated: Aug-25-15 10:04 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - Students in low-income families may have a better chance of accessing the Internet from home through discounted services provided by area companies.
- Miami University adding degrees at its regional campuses Updated: Aug-22-15 11:56 am
OXFORD, Ohio - Miami University regional campuses in southwest Ohio will offer new bachelor's degrees programs and more online courses this school year.
- UC Merced expansion delayed by budget cuts, online classes Updated: Aug-22-15 11:34 am
MERCED, California - A decade has passed since America's newest research university opened amid farmland in central California. And surprisingly little on the landscape has changed.
- More Acadiana schools offering online classes Updated: Aug-19-15 11:28 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Several school systems and charter schools are offering virtual learning options as a way to attract home-schooled students, prevent dropouts and give students an easier way to balance lives that often involve working to help their families.
- Red Lake Nation opens doors to 2 new separate buildings Updated: Aug-17-15 6:38 pm
The Red Lake Indian Reservation in northwestern Minnesota opened its doors Monday to a more than $21 million facility that was developed nearly five years ago when the tribal college was running out of space.
- Hagerman Christian Center to help students get diplomas Updated: Aug-15-15 1:44 pm
HAGERMAN, Idaho - Students in Idaho's Magic Valley can now work on degrees from a Seattle-area Christian university while staying within a few miles of home.
- Board OKs virtual learning for Natchez-Adams School District Updated: Aug-09-15 2:55 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Soon, some students in the NatchezAdams School District will be learning via live stream.
- Online class won't cut it for education savings accounts Updated: Aug-08-15 5:13 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Taking an online public school class for 100 days isn't enough for private school or home school students to qualify for Nevada's Education Savings Account program.