- Car bomb in southern Turkey kills 2 police officers Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - A car bomb struck the entrance of a Turkish police station Sunday in the southern city of Gaziantep, killing two police officers and wounding 22 other people in a day marred by violence and May Day protests.
- Protests disband after IS group carries out 2nd Iraq bombing Updated: May-01-16 3:53 pm
BAGHDAD - Anti-government protesters disbanded at least temporarily Sunday from the heavily fortified Green Zone they had stormed a day earlier after the Islamic State group carried out its second major attack in Iraq in as many days - a pair of car bombs that killed more than 30 people.
- Western Michigan highway named in honor of fallen soldier Updated: May-01-16 2:13 pm
WHITE CLOUD, Michigan - A stretch of highway in western Michigan has been named in honor of a soldier who was killed in Iraq in 2005.
- 3 dead in eastern Ukraine amid Easter armistice violations Updated: May-01-16 9:16 am
MOSCOW - Three deaths were reported Sunday in the fighting in eastern Ukraine despite a recently brokered armistice for Orthodox Easter.
- 16 blamed for mistakes in deadly US attack on Afghan clinic Updated: Apr-29-16 4:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Human error, violations of combat rules and untimely equipment failures led to the mistaken U.S. aerial attack on a charity-run hospital in Afghanistan last fall that killed 42 people, a senior American general said Friday. Investigators called the attack a "disproportional response to a threat that didn't exist."
- Across Arizona, parents name children after Pat Tillman Updated: Apr-29-16 3:33 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Doctors told Jeff Okrepkie and Stephanie Ottolini not to expect children. Though her cervical cancer had been in remission since 2012, the odds of conception were minimal.
- NYPD arrests suspect in 3 shooting deaths Updated: Apr-22-16 3:46 pm
NEW YORK - New York City police have arrested a man in the shooting deaths of three people, including a bystander, during a drug turf war.
- US acknowledges another 20 civilian deaths in Syria, Iraq Updated: Apr-22-16 1:20 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. airstrikes aimed at Islamic State targets in Syria and Iraq killed 20 civilians between September and February, including eight in a single attack on a mortar position used by militants, the U.S. military said Friday.
- Turkey: 3 soldiers killed in attack on military vehicle Updated: Apr-22-16 5:03 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says three soldiers were killed in a bomb attack on a road in Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeast region where the security forces are battling Kurdish rebels.
- 6 British soldiers reburied over century after death in WWI Updated: Apr-20-16 8:59 am
YPRES, Belgium - Six British World War I soldiers have been reburied more than 100 years after they fell in a battle on Flanders Fields.
- Polish president leads ceremonies to Warsaw ghetto fighters Updated: Apr-19-16 11:54 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president on Tuesday led state ceremonies honoring the heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, young Jews who took up arms to fight against the Nazi German occupiers during World War II rather than be transported to a death camp.
- Kansas' Fort Riley identifies chaplain who died last week Updated: Apr-15-16 8:05 am
FORT RILEY, Kansas - Officials at Kansas' Fort Riley are publicly identifying a soldier chaplain they say died suddenly last week in Manhattan.
- Retired Army colonel from NY, veteran of 3 wars, dies at 90 Updated: Apr-14-16 10:37 am
NISKAYUNA, New York - An Army veteran of three wars who became a staunch supporter of veterans' organizations and New York state's military heritage has died.
- Community to dedicate stone, tree to fallen soldier Updated: Apr-12-16 10:52 pm
KNOXVILLE, Illinois - Friends and family of a fallen Knoxville soldier will gather next week for a memorial and tree dedication.
- Afghan Taliban announce spring offensive Updated: Apr-12-16 7:10 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Taliban announced the start of their warm-weather fighting season on Tuesday, vowing "large-scale attacks" in the 15th year of their war against the U.S.-backed Afghan government.
- NY airman honored for actions after deadly Afghan attack Updated: Apr-08-16 12:48 am
NEWBURGH, New York - A member of the New York Air National Guard is receiving special recognition for his actions after a suicide attack in Afghanistan that killed six Americans, including two fellow New Yorkers.
- Philippine paratrooper dies during exercises with US forces Updated: Apr-07-16 8:21 am
MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine air force paratrooper who parachuted from a C130 plane in an exercise with U.S. forces died Thursday after a wind gust blew him out to sea instead of an airport drop zone, officials said.
- Global military spending nearly $1.7T amid Mideast conflicts Updated: Apr-05-16 10:22 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Global military spending rose in 2015 to nearly $1.7 trillion, the first increase in several years, driven by conflicts including the battle against the Islamic State group, the Saudi-led war in Yemen and fears about Iran, a report released Tuesday shows.
- Shuttered Fort Benning brigade finds new home for memorial Updated: Apr-04-16 10:29 am
FORT BENNING, Georgia - Eight years after the 3rd Brigade Combat Team dedicated a memorial to its fallen warriors outside the unit's headquarters at Fort Benning, the monument will soon be moving to a new home as the brigade stands down for good.
- The Latest: Iraqi troops capture key village outside Mosul Updated: Apr-04-16 8:20 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on the interconnected conflicts in Iraq and Syria (all times local):
- Azerbaijan says 12 of its soldiers killed in fighting Updated: Apr-02-16 4:47 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - At least 30 soldiers and a boy were reported killed as heavy fighting erupted Saturday between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces over the separatist region of Nagorno-Karabakh.