- Ukraine battle tests cease-fire to breaking point Updated: Jun-03-15 2:04 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - A major battle erupted Wednesday on the western edge of the main separatist rebel stronghold in eastern Ukraine, leaving more than a dozen dead and threatening to tip the country back into full-blown war.
- Amnesty slams Nigeria army for abuses in Boko Haram battle Updated: Jun-03-15 12:08 pm
- Iraq War veteran charged with murder in deaths of relatives Updated: Jun-02-15 6:05 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A decorated Iraq War veteran arrested in the deaths of his estranged wife's mother, stepfather and brother was charged Tuesday with three counts of premeditated first-degree murder with aggravating circumstances.
- Fort Bragg-based soldier from Florida dies in Afghanistan Updated: May-26-15 7:37 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - A Fort Bragg-based Special Forces soldier from Florida has died in Afghanistan.
- Mom of fallen soldier builds retreat for grieving families Updated: May-25-15 11:44 am
PORT ANGELES, Washington - A heavy door creaks and Betsy Schultz steps into a century-old cottage littered with workbenches and plywood.
- Australia to bring home bodies of 25 who died in Vietnam War Updated: May-24-15 10:30 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia announced Monday that it will repatriate the remains of up to 25 Australian soldiers killed about 50 years ago during the Vietnam War.
- Forgotten for decades, fallen NY soldier finally honored Updated: May-24-15 12:37 pm
ALBANY, New York - Carroll Heath didn't have it easy growing up in the Great Depression. His father wasn't around, his mother was a patient in a mental hospital and he kept largely to himself. Soon after graduating high school, he enlisted in the Army and wound up in the Philippines, where he's believed to have died sometime in 1942.
- Wisconsin soldier killed in Korean War buried in Arlington Updated: May-22-15 2:22 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - A Wisconsin soldier reported missing during the Korean War has been buried at Arlington National Cemetery after his remains went unidentified for years.
- US concludes airstrike in Syria killed 2 innocent children Updated: May-21-15 5:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Two children were likely killed during an American airstrike targeting al-Qaida-linked militants in Syria last year, and two other adults were wounded, according to an investigation released Thursday by the U.S. military.
- Ohio lawmakers honor state's military dead in ceremony Updated: May-21-15 2:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State lawmakers have honored six Ohio members of the military who died recently in U.S. combat operations.
- Severely injured vets find healing, hope through sports Updated: May-18-15 4:46 pm
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Florida - As an Air Force crew chief in Afghanistan and Iraq, part of Sgt. Tim McDonough's dangerous mission was recovering the remains of soldiers killed in combat.
- Oregon soldier's remains buried 60 years after Korean War Updated: May-18-15 1:42 pm
ROSEBURG, Oregon - The remains of a Coos County man killed in the Korean War have been buried at Roseburg.
- Father: American killed in Afghanistan worked to help poor Updated: May-15-15 2:58 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The American killed in this week's Taliban attack at an Afghanistan guest house was dedicated to helping the poor, especially women, in less-developed nations, her father said Friday.
- ICC urges Israel to give material for preliminary Gaza probe Updated: May-13-15 2:07 am
UNITED NATIONS - The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court warned Israel Tuesday that if it doesn't provide reliable information for her preliminary probe into possible war crimes in Palestinian territories she may be forced to decide whether to launch a full-scale investigation based on Palestinian allegations.
- Group identifies more 3 soldiers who died at Revolution site Updated: May-11-15 12:52 pm
ALBANY, New York - A historical preservation group working to identify some of the hundreds of soldiers believed buried at a Revolutionary War site in the Hudson Valley has attached names to another three of the fallen, including an officer from Maryland and two German mercenaries who fought for the British.
- Santa Fe final resting place for US soldier killed in Korea Updated: May-11-15 9:01 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - After more than 60 years of waiting, Pvt. Eugene Erickson will finally be laid to rest in New Mexico.
- Remains of soldier killed in 1951 to be buried in Roseburg Updated: May-09-15 2:31 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Ben Lee Brown was lost in just a week.
- Jim Wright, former US House speaker, dies at age 92 Updated: May-06-15 6:58 pm
DALLAS - As a member of what he called "the people's house" for more than a generation, Texas Democrat Jim Wright was known for his rich oratorical skills in the U.S. House. He never relied on them more than the day in 1989 when he told those who had elected him speaker that he was prepared to resign after being accused of violating ethics rules dozens of times.