- Report: Turkish jets attack PKK targets in southeast Turkey Updated: Aug-04-15 11:35 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish warplanes pounded suspected Kurdish rebel targets in southeast Turkey on Tuesday in retaliation to a rebel mortar attack at a military base which wounded a 6-year-old girl, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported.
- Report: US-led strikes in Iraq, Syria killed 459 civilians Updated: Aug-03-15 4:46 pm
BAGHDAD - U.S.-led airstrikes targeting the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria have likely killed at least 459 civilians over the past year, a report by an independent monitoring group said Monday.
- Families struggle 10 years after Ohio Marines killed in Iraq Updated: Aug-01-15 11:07 am
CINCINNATI - Some people look surprised and tell him they just can't believe it's been 10 years already. For Keith Wightman, time hasn't passed quickly at all.
- Ceremony Sunday to honor Ohio-based Marines killed in Iraq Updated: Aug-01-15 6:19 am
CINCINNATI - A Vietnam War prisoner of war who formerly headed Veterans Services in Ohio plans to speak at a memorial gathering for Ohio-based Marines killed in Iraq.
- Turkey onslaught on Kurds, after IS attack, fuels anger Updated: Jul-30-15 3:31 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Just when it seemed Turkey was getting serious about the fight against IS, it has turned its military focus to pounding its old foe: the Kurdish rebels.
- Bangladesh upholds opposition leader's death sentence Updated: Jul-29-15 2:58 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh's Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld the death sentence for an influential opposition leader and an aide to a former prime minister for his role in mass killings during the country's independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- 2 fallen Marines added to military school's Hall of Heroes Updated: Jul-28-15 12:40 pm
FORT MEADE, Maryland - Two Marines who were killed while on a relief mission in Nepal have been inducted into the Defense Information School's Hall of Heroes.
- The Latest: Saudi King voices support for Turkey's actions Updated: Jul-28-15 10:36 am
BRUSSELS - The Latest from NATO meeting on Islamic State group and related developments (all times local):
- Remains of 36 unidentified Marines from WWII battle return Updated: Jul-27-15 1:55 am
JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, Hawaii - The military and a private organization have brought home the remains of 36 Marines killed in one of World War II's bloodiest battles.
- Hometown wake for Massachusetts marine killed in Tennessee Updated: Jul-26-15 4:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - People in his hometown paid their respects on Sunday to a Massachusetts Marine killed by a gunman who attacked a military facility in Tennessee two weeks ago.
- Wisconsin town says goodbye to Marine slain in Tennessee Updated: Jul-25-15 6:49 pm
GRANTSBURG, Wisconsin - A small Wisconsin town said goodbye on Saturday to a Marine killed in the recent attack on a Navy-Marine reserve center in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Ala woman marks 10 years since husband's death in Iraq Updated: Jul-23-15 2:11 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - On what would have been her husband's 32nd birthday, Janina Taylor turned off of U.S. 280 and wound down Lee Road 249. She turned left into the lot at St. Mark's Christian Episcopal Church in Motts and parked her silver minivan. Taylor's two oldest children, 13-year-old Xavie'r and 10-year-old Aaliyah, raced up the hill to a small cemetery, stopping when they spotted an etched football and a nod to the Green Bay Packers on one stone.
- News briefs from around Tennessee at 1:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jul-18-15 3:04 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The latest on the Chattanooga shootings at two military facilities (all times local):
- Freeway honoring soldier won't be renamed after MLB player Updated: Jul-15-15 7:06 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona has scrapped a move to temporarily rebrand a freeway recognizing soon-to-be baseball Hall of Famer Randy Johnson, keeping in place the existing name that honors a soldier who died in the Iraq War in 2003.
- UN report: 15,000 civilians killed in Iraq in 16 months Updated: Jul-13-15 10:40 pm
- Burundi military: 31 suspected rebels killed in fighting Updated: Jul-13-15 12:35 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundi's army killed 31 suspected rebels and captured 170 others in fighting in the country's north, a military spokesman said on Monday.
- Natick street named to honor commander killed in Afghanistan Updated: Jul-10-15 5:14 pm
NATICK, Massachusetts - A street leading to a U.S. Army base in Natick has been renamed to honor a military commander killed in Afghanistan.
- Vicksburg military park: Little impact from flag proposal Updated: Jul-09-15 7:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Congress is arguing about a proposal to ban Confederate flags on rebel graves in cemeteries run by the National Park Service, but the outcome will have little effect on Mississippi's only Park Service cemetery.
- UN: civilian death toll in Yemen conflict tops 1,500 Updated: Jul-07-15 8:20 am
BERLIN - The United Nations' human rights office says the number of civilians killed in three months of violence in Yemen has risen above 1,500.
- Hard-hit Gaza neighborhood still trying to recover from war Updated: Jul-06-15 2:37 am
SHIJAIYAH, Gaza Strip - After weeks of sharing cramped quarters with relatives during last year's war between Hamas and Israel, 39-year-old Mohammed al-Selek thought nothing of it when he heard the incoming roar of two mortar shells. But once a suffocating cloud of acrid smoke filled the stairwell, his heart sank - the family's home had been struck by Israeli fire.