- Alexandria Restaurant Week continuing through Sunday Updated: Feb-03-16 3:15 am
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Alexandria Restaurant Week is continuing through Sunday.
- Struggling Salt Lake City mall sold to Phoenix-based company Updated: Feb-02-16 3:10 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The new owner of The Gateway mall in Salt Lake City says it plans to invest $30 million to revitalize the financially troubled mall with new national and regional retailers and high-end restaurants.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Feb-01-16 9:05 am
Omaha World-Herald. Jan. 29, 2016
- 2 new French restaurants awarded Michelin's 3 stars Updated: Feb-01-16 8:56 am
PARIS - Two of Paris' ritziest dining establishments received the ultimate consecration Monday when they joined the select list of three-star restaurants in the 2016 Michelin Guide, the little red guide to the great and the good of French gastronomy.
- Closed northern Indiana market set to reopen with stores Updated: Feb-01-16 8:20 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A developer says a barn-like building that previously housed a large northern Indiana farmers market will soon reopen after efforts to find businesses and restaurants.
- Tropicana, Borgata reinvesting millions into casinos, hotels Updated: Jan-28-16 10:52 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two of Atlantic City's top casinos are reinvesting tens of millions of dollars into their gambling areas, hotels and entertainment venues.
- Iconic Iowa City restaurant and campaign hot spot to be sold Updated: Jan-27-16 6:38 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The owner of a longtime Iowa City restaurant popular with customers and presidential hopefuls says he'll sell the business.
- Iowa U. fight song plays 7 hours a day at vacant NY building Updated: Jan-27-16 8:17 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - An instrumental rendition of the University of Iowa fight song has been playing for several hours every day since last summer over speakers mounted on a vacant building in the city of Niagara Falls.
- EXCHANGE: Restaurant owners serve authentic Mexican food Updated: Jan-27-16 7:40 am
GALESBURG, Illinois - Across from Moon Towers, a small shop with a Quick Sam's sign serves some of the best Mexican food in Galesburg.
- Upgrades set for storied coffeehouse where Bob Dylan played Updated: Jan-26-16 2:19 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The New York folk music venue where Bob Dylan, Arlo Guthrie, Don McLean and many other stars of the genre played early in their careers is getting a $1.25 million makeover.
- Neighborhoods: Shopping in Richmond, Virginia's Carytown Updated: Jan-26-16 8:06 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - So many shopping and dining areas are just like any other - chain stores and chain restaurants. Carytown breaks the mold.
- Sushi, ramen eateries to pay $621,000 in back wages, damages Updated: Jan-25-16 3:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - A chain of Southern California sushi and ramen restaurants will pay more than $620,000 in back wages and damages after a federal investigation found it cheated chefs and other workers out of overtime pay.
- Burials begin for Burkina Faso nationals killed by jihadists Updated: Jan-23-16 6:47 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Burials have begun for the 10 Burkina Faso nationals killed in last week's attack on a cafe and hotel in the capital, Ouagadougou, highlighting the local toll suffered in the latest West African country targeted by Islamic extremists.
- Food truck gives the needy free lunch and a social circle Updated: Jan-23-16 2:44 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Mary Blackmon strolls up to the crowd around the food truck with the bearing of a queen. Even bundled up for a bitterly cold morning, she is clearly a beauty and is greeted like one with hugs and kisses and loads of "lookin' good!"
- Businesswoman Sarah Iannarone enters Portland mayoral race Updated: Jan-22-16 1:01 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland restaurant owner and tour-group official is running for mayor.
- Students at Zeeland charter school open coffee shop Updated: Jan-22-16 12:11 pm
HOLLAND, Michigan - Re:Fuel, a student-designed and operated coffee shop at a Zeeland charter school, is now open for business.
- Phoenix Essentials: Dining, hikes, art and sunshine Updated: Jan-21-16 10:03 am
PHOENIX - With hundreds of golf courses and 300 days of sunshine a year, it's easy to cast metropolitan Phoenix as a retiree's paradise that leaves everyone else out in the cold. But within the desert beats the heart of an actual urban core that has come into its own. There's an emerging restaurant-and-retail scene along with classic attractions like the view from Camelback Mountain, plus newfound treasures like peeking inside a little-known house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Pass the dogfish nuggets? Seafood industry rebrands 'trash' Updated: Jan-21-16 9:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Call them fish sticks for millennials. At any rate, Dana Bartholomew is banking on college students warming up to "Sharck Bites."
- Ex-ABBA members make rare joint appearance at grand opening Updated: Jan-20-16 5:14 pm
STOCKHOLM - The four former members of iconic Swedish pop group ABBA have made a rare joint appearance for the opening of a Stockholm restaurant inspired by the "Mamma Mia!" musical.
- Harry's latest of several restaurants to close in St. Louis Updated: Jan-19-16 9:14 am
ST. LOUIS - Another mainstay of downtown St. Louis is closing its doors, the latest of several restaurants to shutter.
- Max & Erma's closes 13 restaurants in the Midwest Updated: Jan-18-16 6:39 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Restaurant chain Max & Erma's is closing 13 Midwest locations as it streamlines operations and deals with underperforming outlets.
- 4 members of Ukrainian family among dead in Burkina Faso Updated: Jan-17-16 3:49 pm
MOSCOW - Four members of a Ukrainian family, including a 9-year-old child, were among those killed when al-Qaida fighters attacked a popular cafe and hotel in Burkina Faso's capital of Ouagadougou, Ukraine's foreign minister said Sunday.
- Couple to open Dixie Highway's first independent coffee shop Updated: Jan-17-16 3:27 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - In the past decade or so, the third wave coffee concept - which views coffee as more of a craft and less of a commodity - has hit Louisville in waves, working its way through the city's neighborhoods from the Sunergos near Schnitzelburg to the Quills in the Highlands.
- Italy: Fate of 9-year-old Italian boy in cafe attack unclear Updated: Jan-17-16 7:59 am
ROME - Italy says it is trying to learn the fate of a 9-year-old boy who was in the cafe attacked by al-Qaida-linked extremists in Burkina Faso.
- American missionary among dead in Burkina Faso hotel attack Updated: Jan-16-16 11:56 pm
NEW YORK - The mother-in-law of an American missionary confirmed Saturday that he was among those killed after al-Qaida fighters attacked a hotel and cafe in Burkina Faso's capital of Ouagadougou.