- Greensboro restaurant owner relishing third lottery win Updated: May-26-16 4:06 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The owner of a Greensboro fast-food restaurant is once again relishing his good fortune with the N.C. Education Lottery.
- Sunday brunch booze sales start in Shepherdstown Updated: May-22-16 12:12 pm
SHEPHERDSTOWN, West Virginia - Restaurants and other businesses in Shepherdstown are now able to serve alcohol on Sunday mornings.
- Boycott over LGBT law impacts more than just the music fans Updated: May-22-16 11:25 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Stagehand Kery Eller doesn't own any Bruce Springsteen albums, but he would smash them if he did.
- Vail Resorts investing $13 million in Wilmot Mountain Updated: May-21-16 12:51 pm
WILMOT, Wisconsin - The new owner of Wilmot Mountain is investing $13 million in the Kenosha County ski resort.
- Cuomo: Allow liquor sales in NY state before noon on Sundays Updated: May-19-16 5:49 am
ALBANY, New York - Expanded brunch hours may be coming to New York state.
- Regulators close season for Texas shrimpers in Gulf Updated: May-18-16 12:16 pm
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Coastal Fisheries Division decided May 15 was a good time to close the state's shrimp season because, according to its sampling, the average size and number of brown shrimp in Texas coastal waters is higher than the 20-year average.
- Grand Traverse Band LLC to open coffee shop in Traverse City Updated: May-17-16 4:07 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - An Indian tribe is set to open a coffee shop in northern Michigan's Traverse City.
- Alabama restaurant to pay $43,000 in labor violations Updated: May-17-16 10:38 am
BAY MINETTE, Alabama - A well-known restaurant near Alabama's coast is paying about $43,000 in federal labor violations.
- Not just brats and beer: Milwaukee chefs earn foodie honors Updated: May-17-16 10:15 am
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee may be known for beer and brats, but a dozen local chefs and eateries have been honored for their skill and creativity with all kinds of ingredients, and they have helped turn the city into a foodie destination.
- At Danville's Grace Cafe, pay what you can for local food Updated: May-15-16 11:33 am
DANVILLE, Kentucky - By 11:30 a.m., Grace CafÃ© is filling up fast.
- Man finds niche amid sound surroundings at local coffeehouse Updated: May-14-16 12:18 pm
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - It could have been the coffee talking, but a casual conversation with the extremely effervescent Sam Love this week revealed a genuinely enthusiastic, energetic and community-oriented specimen.
- Poster at Lithuanian eatery: Trump locking lips with Putin Updated: May-14-16 10:54 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A street artist in Lithuania has adorned a barbecue restaurant with a poster showing Donald Trump locking lips with Vladimir Putin.
- After 90-plus years, alcohol flows in Fircrest Updated: May-13-16 11:31 am
FIRCREST, Washington - Corkscrew in hand, BÃ¤rbel Ward stood behind the newly renovated bar at Spring Lake Cafe in Fircrest on Thursday.
- Mecklenburg official: Keep fast-food away from high schools Updated: May-13-16 5:40 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Mecklenburg County's health director has proposed restricting fast-food restaurants from opening near high schools as a way to improve the health of teenagers.
- 50 years after riot, publisher asks Rolling Stones to return Updated: May-10-16 4:20 pm
LYNN, Massachusetts - A newspaper publisher is asking the Rolling Stones to return to town 50 years after they cut short a show during a thunderstorm, leading fans to rampage.
- Sioux Falls restaurants struggling to find enough workers Updated: May-10-16 3:12 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The growing appetite for new restaurants in Sioux Falls has left some food service managers starving for workers to fill vacant positions.
- Longtime restaurant in historic Bismarck depot closes Updated: May-10-16 12:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A popular Mexican restaurant in an historic railroad depot in Bismarck has closed, but two new restaurants will be opening at the site.
- Trading wheels for a stationary location Updated: May-07-16 3:35 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Ryan Seabrook mapped out a plan: Start a food truck. Run it for four years. Open a traditional restaurant.
- Brewery earns $1.24M in tax credits for Waterloo project Updated: May-06-16 2:18 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A Cedar Falls brewery's planned renovation of the former downtown Hostess Wonder Bread building is set to receive $1.24 million in historic preservation tax credits.
- In California, couple's return to meat sparks vegan uproar Updated: May-06-16 12:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - At the Cafe Gratitude restaurant chain in California, waiters serve plates of vegan rice bowls, vegetable pizzas and tempeh sandwiches with names such as "Gracious," ''Warm-Hearted" and "Magical."
- 'Romeo and Juliet' takes on local twist in Gaza performance Updated: May-05-16 9:07 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" has opened to audiences in the Gaza Strip, albeit with a distinctly Palestinian twist.
- Daryl Hall drops plans for outdoor stage at New York venue Updated: May-03-16 12:20 pm
PAWLING, New York - Musician Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates has dropped plans to host outdoor concerts at his music venue and restaurant in upstate New York.
- Los Angeles chef, Chicago's Alinea win big at Beard Awards Updated: May-02-16 10:40 pm
CHICAGO - Chef Suzanne Goin took home the outstanding chef award Monday night at the James Beard Awards, and Chicago mainstay Alinea won the outstanding restaurant honor at a ceremony many consider the Academy Awards of the culinary world.
- Climate change focus of next Omaha Science Cafe Updated: May-02-16 1:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Organizers say the next Omaha Science Cafe will explore the global and local impact of climate change.
- Can musicians make Washington a jazz mecca again? Updated: May-01-16 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - A walk down U Street reveals relics of the strip's jazz-rich history.