- Zimmermann finalizes $110M, 5-year contract with Tigers Updated: Nov-30-15 5:20 pm
DETROIT - Free agent pitcher Jordan Zimmermann has finalized a $110 million, five-year contract with the Detroit Tigers.
- Kansas City Royals' World Series share worth $370,000 Updated: Nov-30-15 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - A full postseason share for the World Series champion Kansas City Royals was worth $370,069, just under the record $388,606 set by the San Francisco Giants last year.
- Royals GM Dayton Moore to help with KC Christmas tradition Updated: Nov-26-15 2:48 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The general manager of the World Series champion Royals is helping with an annual Christmas tradition in Kansas City.
- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- Brandon Crawford ready to bring more championships to Giants Updated: Nov-18-15 5:54 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - When Brandon Crawford's agent called him to say his new deal with the San Francisco Giants had been completed, the shortstop was in the middle of a workout in the AT&T Park weight room. That's where San Francisco general manager Bobby Evans came to congratulate his player on a contract that keeps him here for another six years.
- Red Sox DH Ortiz to retire after 2016 season Updated: Nov-18-15 3:52 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, Boston's beloved "Big Papi" who helped the cursed franchise end its dynasty of disappointment and cursed out the bombers who attacked his adopted city, said on Wednesday he will play one more year before retiring.
- Royals exercise options on Escobar, Davis; Gomes declined Updated: Nov-05-15 3:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The World Series champion Kansas City Royals have exercised their $8 million option on All-Star closer Wade Davis and a $5.25 million option on All-Star shortstop Alcides Escobar, while declining a $3 million option on outfielder Jonny Gomes.
- Kansas Jayhawks hope to model turnaround on Royals' success Updated: Nov-05-15 5:54 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - When the Royals put away the Mets to win their first World Series championship in three decades on Sunday night, Massachusetts Street not far from the Kansas campus erupted in celebration.
- 3 days later, Collins asked same question about Harvey Updated: Nov-04-15 7:21 pm
NEW YORK - Three days later, Terry Collins keeps getting asked the same question.
- Royals celebration shatters expectations in Kansas City Updated: Nov-04-15 6:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The crowd that flooded downtown Kansas City to celebrate the Royals' first World Series championship in 30 years shattered expectations, officials said Wednesday.
- Brett still a big part of Royals' championship celebration Updated: Nov-04-15 1:44 pm
George Brett had one more mighty moment in baseball's postseason center stage.
- Just a number: At 66, Baker looks to win big in golden years Updated: Nov-04-15 2:34 am
Dusty Baker has put up plenty of big stats in his baseball life: More than 1,000 RBIs, nearly 2,000 hits, 20 years as a player, 20 more as a manager.
- The Latest: Some parked along interstate before Royals rally Updated: Nov-03-15 6:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The latest on celebrations in Kansas City to mark the Kansas City Royals' World Series victory (all times local):
- What might have been: Mets move on from stinging Series loss Updated: Nov-02-15 7:27 pm
NEW YORK - It was an exhilarating run with an empty feeling at the finish line.
- World Series Game 5 has highest TV rating since 2009 Updated: Nov-02-15 5:16 pm
NEW YORK - The World Series' Game 5 had its highest television rating since 2009.
- KC Royals donate artifacts for BB Hall of Fame exhibit Updated: Nov-02-15 2:57 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - The Kansas City Royals are World Series champions, and they're donating several artifacts to the Baseball Hall of Fame for a new exhibit dubbed Autumn Glory.
- Royals reveling in first World Series title since 1985 Updated: Nov-02-15 2:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The jersey that Eric Hosmer wore in the decisive game of the World Series is headed to the Hall of Fame. So is the glove Salvador Perez used, the spikes Lorenzo Cain laced up and the bat that third baseman Mike Moustakas took to the plate.
- Collins' lament: 'I let my heart get in the way of my gut' Updated: Nov-02-15 5:09 am
NEW YORK - Terry Collins knew what he wanted to do. And he didn't do it.
- Royals win World Series, rally late and beat Mets 7-2 in 12 Updated: Nov-02-15 4:39 am
NEW YORK - They worked all season to take one more step in the World Series.
- The Latest: Harvey can't contain Royals; Game 5 in extras Updated: Nov-01-15 11:41 pm
- Where in the world is Pete Rose? Signing, of course Updated: Nov-01-15 5:39 pm
The most perplexing thing about the World Series for some wasn't how Daniel Murphy let a slow grounder go under his glove.
- The DH debate: Royals slugger Morales sits in Series games Updated: Nov-01-15 8:18 am
NEW YORK - Kendrys Morales has been everything the Kansas City Royals hoped for when they signed him to a $17 million contract last December.
- Royals' Volquez to start possible clincher after dad's death Updated: Nov-01-15 1:16 am
NEW YORK - Edinson Volquez will have his dad on his mind Sunday night when he tries to pitch the Kansas City Royals to their first World Series title in 30 years.
- Royals survive Rios' gaffe, top Mets 5-3 for 3-1 Series lead Updated: Nov-01-15 12:38 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rios' math mistake didn't add up to a World Series loss for Kansas City.
- High-and-tight purpose pitch may have outlived its purpose Updated: Oct-31-15 7:58 pm
NEW YORK - Somewhere in the past few decades, pitching high and inside has become an offense, a violation of baseball etiquette if not the rules.