- Crowd of about 4,000 greets national champion Virginia Updated: Jun-25-15 9:02 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - College World Series most outstanding player Josh Sborz claimed he got eight hours sleep. Branden Waddell, one of the Game 3 heroes, said the players never doubted they could win.
- Hard times toughened Virginia players for their run to title Updated: Jun-25-15 7:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Winning, and winning big, has been the standard for the Virginia baseball program since coach Brian O'Connor took over in 2004, and no excuses were allowed when the most trying circumstances cropped up.
- 15 CWS homers mirror rise in offense across college baseball Updated: Jun-25-15 4:54 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The 15 home runs hit in 16 College World Series games this year were the most since the tournament moved to TD Ameritrade Park in 2011 and they mirrored the increased offense across Division I this season.
- Virginia's 4-2 win over Vandy gives ACC 1st title since 1955 Updated: Jun-25-15 2:42 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - It took 60 years, but the Atlantic Coast Conference finally won a baseball national title again.
- Vandy run as national champ ends with 4-2 loss to Virginia Updated: Jun-25-15 1:38 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Once Vanderbilt lost momentum in the College World Series finals, the Commodores could never get it back.
- Offseason foreign trips helped Vandy, Virginia players bond Updated: Jun-24-15 8:12 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Vanderbilt and Virginia baseball teams both took foreign trips in the offseason, and both ended up in the College World Series finals.
- Virginia's 3-0 win over Vandy forces Game 3 in CWS finals Updated: Jun-24-15 1:05 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Big performances from a couple of unlikely sources and another shutdown relief performance from an old reliable allowed Virginia to force a winner-take-all game in the College World Series.
- Cavaliers' Jones outdueled by Vandy ace in a 5-1 CWS loss Updated: Jun-23-15 1:08 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Connor Jones gave Virginia the kind of start that would have been good enough to win most nights.
- Vandy holds Virginia to 4 hits, wins CWS finals opener 5-1 Updated: Jun-23-15 12:47 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Carson Fulmer knew his career at Vanderbilt was over as coach Tim Corbin walked from the third-base dugout to the mound in the eighth inning.
- Florida's 5-4 loss to Virginia brings 'abrupt' end to season Updated: Jun-21-15 12:48 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Florida's Harrison Bader sat at the podium and choked up as reality hit him.
- Virginia beats Florida 5-4, faces Vandy in CWS finals again Updated: Jun-21-15 12:42 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Virginia is back in the College World Series finals, and this time it was a lot harder getting there.
- Vandy's pitching too much for TCU in season-ending 7-1 loss Updated: Jun-20-15 12:57 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - TCU's pitching staff was among the best in the country all season. But right now, Vanderbilt's is the hottest.
- Defending champ Vanderbilt beats TCU 7-1, returns to finals Updated: Jun-20-15 12:30 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A couple of stars who led Vanderbilt to its first national championship put the Commodores in position to play for another one.
- Gators beat Virginia 10-5 to force another CWS bracket final Updated: Jun-19-15 11:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The way Florida has been swinging the bat, the Gators' shutout loss to Virginia looks like an aberration now.
- Lack of pitching depth catches up to LSU in 8-4 loss to TCU Updated: Jun-19-15 1:15 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - LSU's accomplishments this season rolled off Paul Mainieri's tongue: 54 wins, SEC regular-season champion, No. 1 in the major polls for the last three months.
- Teakell's shutdown relief key, TCU eliminates LSU in 8-4 win Updated: Jun-19-15 12:43 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - TCU catcher Evan Skoug calls Trey Teakell "Mr. Reliable." It's a perfect nickname for a relief pitcher who was perfect Thursday night.
- Miami can't keep up with powerful Gators in a 10-2 CWS loss Updated: Jun-18-15 12:50 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Florida foiled Miami yet again.
- Florida hits 4 homers, hammers Miami again 10-2 win at CWS Updated: Jun-18-15 12:26 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Shut out and limited to two hits by Virginia two nights earlier, Florida's offense was back to its usual prolific self against Miami.
- Wiel HR key, but Pfeifer at center stage in Vandy's 1-0 win Updated: Jun-17-15 12:45 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Any other time, Zander Wiel's home run to break up a no-hitter and produce the only run in a College World Series victory would have been all the talk after the game.
- Vanderhook says season success after 5-3 CWS loss to Tigers Updated: Jun-16-15 8:06 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Pluck could carry Cal State Fullerton only so far.
- Hurricanes walk off with a 4-3 victory over Arkansas at CWS Updated: Jun-16-15 1:42 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Even when Jacob Heyward failed, he was a success.
- Vandy walk-off HR against Titans ruins Peitzmeier homecoming Updated: Jun-15-15 6:18 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Cal State Fullerton relief pitcher Tyler Peitzmeier looked as if his homecoming would be glorious and victorious. It was ruined with one swing of Jeren Kendall's bat.
- Vanderbilt beats Titans 4-3 on Kendall's 2-run walk-off HR Updated: Jun-15-15 5:39 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Cal State Fullerton coach Rick Vanderhook thought he had the matchup he wanted when Vanderbilt freshman Jeren Kendall came to bat against star reliever Tyler Peitzmeier in the bottom of the ninth inning.
- Morrison breaks through at CWS in TCU's 10-3 win over LSU Updated: Jun-14-15 10:38 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Only one pitcher in TCU history has won more games than Preston Morrison, and none has worked more innings. His accomplishments are even more remarkable when you consider he joined the Horned Frogs as a walk-on.
- Gators' 11-run inning ties record, fuels 15-3 win over Miami Updated: Jun-14-15 12:38 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Florida is the hottest team in college baseball right now, and not even playing in the stadium where the best offenses have been shut down could disrupt the Gators' mojo.