- Foraging bears prompt closure of Waterton Canyon Updated: Aug-29-15 3:37 am
LITTLETON, Colorado - Foraging bears in suburban Denver's Waterton Canyon have prompted wildlife officials and Denver Water to close off the area until further notice.
- Montana settles with CenturyLink on maintenance, broadband Updated: Aug-25-15 6:53 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana reached a settlement with CenturyLink on Tuesday that requires the telecommunications company to improve maintenance response times and accept a federal grant to expand broadband in the state.
- Geological survey study finds mercury in Grand Canyon Updated: Aug-25-15 12:11 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Researchers say mercury and other chemicals that were found in Lake Powell have moved downstream and are now being found in fish and aquatic plants in the Grand Canyon.
- Crews working to contain Santaquin Canyon brush fire Updated: Aug-24-15 7:37 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Crews are working to contain a small brush fire burning in Santaquin Canyon in southern Utah County.
- Comment sought on Yellowstone improvement plan Updated: Aug-24-15 6:17 am
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - Yellowstone National Park is seeking public comment on a plan to rehabilitate many of the overlooks and trails along the rim of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River.
- DPS trooper injured in wrong-way crash north of Phoenix Updated: Aug-22-15 3:39 pm
BLACK CANYON CITY, Arizona - An Arizona Department of Public Safety officer is in the hospital following a collision with a wrong-way driver on a freeway north of Black Canyon City.
- Containment expected soon in remote Nevada canyon wildfire Updated: Aug-20-15 4:51 pm
FALLON, Nevada - Firefighters expect containment this weekend of a lightning-sparked wildfire that has charred more than 6 square miles of pinyon-juniper trees and grass in a rugged and remote north-central Nevada canyon.
- Sea burials: A soothing goodbye for grieving families Updated: Aug-18-15 10:02 am
LONGVIEW, Washington - Every year on their son's birthday, Dianna and Dennis Cleven drop a bouquet of flowers in the nearest river that flows into the Pacific Ocean.
- Federal judge denies injunction in New Mexico drilling case Updated: Aug-17-15 2:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A federal judge has rejected an effort by environmental groups to stall oil and gas development in northwestern New Mexico while they fight the approval of dozens of drilling permits issued over the past two years by a federal agency.
- Small wildfire in remote Nevada canyon caused by lightning Updated: Aug-16-15 3:37 pm
FALLON, Nevada - Officials say a wildfire burning in a remote northern Nevada canyon has grown to nearly 4 square miles and appears to have been caused by lightning.
- 2 die in head-on crash in Spanish Fork Canyon south of Provo Updated: Aug-15-15 9:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say two people have died in a head-on crash on a mountain road southeast of Provo.
- 9 injured when SUV rolls over in Orange County community Updated: Aug-15-15 5:26 am
TRABUCO CANYON, California - KNBC reports (http://bit.ly/1J6X9s4) that nine people were injured when an SUV rolled over late Friday night in the unincorporated community of Trabuco Canyon.
- Waldo Canyon mud and debris flood Colorado Springs area Updated: Aug-11-15 9:55 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Heavy rain sent water mixed with mud and debris from the Waldo Canyon burn scar flowing through parts of Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs Monday but mitigation work seems to have prevented long-lasting damage.
- Utah to keep canyon name despite new push to reconsider Updated: Aug-05-15 8:05 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Officials have rebuffed a new push to change the name of a southern Utah canyon that's offensive to some but a point of historical pride for the state's largest NAACP chapter.
- Mudslide causes major traffic delays in Spanish Fork Canyon Updated: Aug-03-15 12:34 pm
SPANISH FORK, Utah - Authorities say heavy rain in Utah County led to a mudslide that blocked traffic for several hours on U.S. Highway 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon.
- Tanker spills milk, ignites fire in Weber Canyon Updated: Aug-01-15 7:10 pm
OGDEN, Utah - Emergency crews did not waste time over spilled milk that caused a small grass fire in Weber Canyon on Saturday.
- Tempe man missing at Grand Canyon National Park Updated: Aug-01-15 6:46 pm
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Arizona - Officials are looking into a report of a man who went missing inside Grand Canyon National Park.
- 3 teens arrested after confrontation in Logan Canyon Updated: Aug-01-15 12:14 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Three teenagers have been arrested after they crashed a vehicle fleeing an armed camper in Logan Canyon.
- 1 dead in Palo Duro Canyon amphitheater fireworks explosion Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
PALO DURO CANYON STATE PARK, Texas - A stage manager of the amphitheater at Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Texas is dead after two containers of fireworks exploded.
- Pictographs dating back hundreds of years vandalized Updated: Jul-31-15 2:18 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Helena National Forest is trying to figure out who vandalized pictographs dating back from hundreds to thousands of years ago in Hellgate Canyon.
- Orem, Provo fire departments quickly put out canyon blaze Updated: Jul-31-15 12:34 pm
PROVO, Utah - A small blaze in Provo Canyon was quickly extinguished before it could threaten nearby structures due to joint efforts from Orem and Provo fire departments.
- Test bungee jumps at Crooked River gorge a success Updated: Jul-31-15 10:53 am
BEND, Oregon - Just before 4:40 p.m. Thursday, James Scott made a small piece of history, becoming the first man to legally bungee jump off the High Bridge across the Crooked River north of Terrebonne.