- Lock of Lennon's hair expected to fetch $10K at auction Updated: Feb-08-16 1:32 pm
DALLAS - A lock of hair snipped from the head of John Lennon as the Beatle prepared for a film role is expected to sell for $10,000 at a Dallas auction later this month.
- Retired Ohio police officer gets to buy K-9 partner for $1 Updated: Feb-04-16 4:52 pm
MARIETTA, Ohio - A recently retired Ohio police officer has been allowed to buy his K-9 partner for $1.
- Albania to auction off old Eastern Bloc military aircraft Updated: Feb-03-16 7:06 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albania is auctioning off dozens of obsolete Eastern Bloc military aircraft to raise cash for its armed forces, and officials say museums and collectors from several countries have expressed interest.
- 3 stolen vintage banjos worth more than $16,000 recovered Updated: Jan-28-16 6:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Three vintage banjos valued at more than $16,000 were recovered by a North Carolina music shop after they turned up at an auction house the same day they were stolen.
- Rockford Christmas tree getting new life as table Updated: Jan-27-16 4:52 am
DURAND, Illinois - The towering Christmas tree that illuminated downtown Rockford this holiday season is getting a second life as a custom-designed wood table.
- Couple closing bookstore in downtown Rapid City Updated: Jan-24-16 12:10 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A bookstore in downtown Rapid City is closing after less than two years due to generally slow sales.
- Roane County family finds antique cookbook Updated: Jan-24-16 10:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - History pokes out from the edges.
- Who's your co-pilot? Pope's Fiat going up for auction Updated: Jan-20-16 10:55 am
PHILADELPHIA - One of the two Fiats used by Pope Francis during his September visit to Philadelphia is going up for auction.
- Sailboat maker Gunboat International to be sold at auction Updated: Jan-20-16 9:43 am
WANCHESE, North Carolina - A company that makes luxury catamarans on Roanoke Island is expected to be sold at a court auction this spring.
- Rare copy of British official's 1760 book sold for $17K Updated: Jan-18-16 10:29 am
ALBANY, New York - A Colonial British government official's copy of a rare book detailing France's holdings in North America at the end of the French and Indian War has been sold for more than $17,000 at a Massachusetts auction.
- Powder horn believed owned by Alexander Hamilton sold Updated: Jan-12-16 8:20 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A powder horn that some experts believe was used by Alexander Hamilton sold for $115,620 at auction on what would have been his birthday.