- Preakness win behind them, Desormeauxs prepare for Belmont Updated: May-22-16 12:30 pm
BALTIMORE - Bonded by their prowess for getting the most out of race horses, siblings Keith and Kent Desormeaux have a relationship that can best be described as professional.
- No kidding: Exaggerator beats Nyquist in Preakness Updated: May-22-16 12:00 am
BALTIMORE - Despite the fog, the rain and an undefeated Kentucky Derby winner to contend with, Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux knew the best route to the Preakness winner's circle with Exaggerator - stay inside and wait.
- The Latest: Exaggerator wins Preakness Updated: May-21-16 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course (all times local):
- Preakness 2016: Everyone loves Nyquist, even his rivals Updated: May-20-16 8:20 am
BALTIMORE - Everyone loves Nyquist.
- Photographer's notebook recovered after St. Helens eruptions Updated: May-18-16 4:28 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Columbian photographer Reid Blackburn made a slight revision to the cover of his notebook that explained his role on Mount St. Helens 36 years ago.
- Bob Baffert looks for Preakness upset with Collected Updated: May-18-16 1:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert hopes Collected will deliver more than another "opening act" in the Preakness on Saturday at Pimlico.
- Preakness 2016: How well do you know its history? Updated: May-17-16 2:30 am
BALTIMORE - How well do you know the history of the Preakness? Try this quiz:
- New CEO of Grand Island racetrack sees up, downs in 2016 Updated: May-14-16 10:43 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Bruce Swihart was thrown right into the fire in his first year as CEO at Fonner Park.
- Back in Baltimore, O'Neill eyes Preakness rerun with Nyquist Updated: May-12-16 2:22 pm
BALTIMORE - The last time trainer Doug O'Neill brought a Kentucky Derby winner to Baltimore he did much more than merely prepare I'll Have Another for the Preakness.
- Jockey Wright, racing star of 1870s, elected to Hall of Fame Updated: May-11-16 1:32 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Jockey Wayne D. Wright, winner of nearly 1,500 races including each of the Triple Crown legs in separate years, and thoroughbred Tom Ochiltree, a star in the 1870s, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame.
- No Triple Crown bump for Kentucky Derby in TV ratings Updated: May-10-16 3:31 pm
NEW YORK - There were high hopes that the popularity of horse racing would be energized a year after American Pharoah won the Triple Crown.
- Kentucky Derby trainer Romans hurt in Louisville accident Updated: May-08-16 5:48 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Derby trainer Dale Romans says he's resting at home after being involved in a car accident following the race.
- Derby winner Nyquist heads to Preakness; new rivals await Updated: May-08-16 5:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist heads to Baltimore on Monday to prepare for the Preakness, where the undefeated colt could face up to 13 rivals including nine new shooters seeking to derail his Triple Crown bid.
- The Latest: Nyquist sweeps to Derby to stay unbeaten Updated: May-07-16 7:06 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest from the 142th running of the Kentucky Derby from Churchill Downs. (all times local):
- Trainer Jorge Navarro springs 2 upsets on Derby undercard Updated: May-07-16 6:25 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Trainer Jorge Navarro was the king of upsets Saturday on the Kentucky Derby undercard.
- PHOTO GALLERY: Hats off to Kentucky Derby fashion Updated: May-07-16 5:43 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - If it's Derby day, it's dress up day.
- Stanley Cup shows up at Derby favorite's Nyquist barn Updated: May-07-16 11:11 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Nothing like the Stanley Cup showing up on the backstretch at Churchill Downs the morning of the Kentucky Derby.
- Nyquist tries to follow American Pharoah at Kentucky Derby Updated: May-07-16 8:50 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Go ahead and pity Kentucky Derby favorite Nyquist. He has the unenviable task of following in the hoof prints of Triple Crown champion American Pharoah, and so far isn't getting the respect expected for the only undefeated horse in the race.
- DERBY 2016: Some dramatic finishes in the Run for the Roses Updated: May-07-16 3:27 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Picking the most dramatic finishes in the Kentucky Derby is all but impossible. Arguably, each of the 141 editions has a remarkable ending, and Saturday's should be no different.
- Cathryn Sophia wins Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs Updated: May-06-16 9:08 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - For all of those dominant victories on Cathryn Sophia's resume, she still needed that signature win to solidify her credentials as one of the nation's best fillies.
- Triple Crown winner thriving in new home at Ashford Stud Updated: May-06-16 3:49 pm
VERSAILLES, Kentucky - American Pharoah is led out of his stone palace of a barn, head up, eyes alert, a little heavier these days but still pretty well sculpted. In a few minutes, the champion will be walked over to the breeding shed, a mere 50 yards away. By now, the Triple Crown winner has the routine down pat.
- 2 teens arrested in shooting during Derby festival parade Updated: May-06-16 3:34 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two 15-year-old boys are accused of opening fire in broad daylight on a busy downtown sidewalk as the Kentucky Derby Festival's Pegasus Parade marched by Thursday afternoon. Two other teens were injured, and panicked families dived behind bleachers and trash bins to escape the chaos.
- Tradition of designer Julep Cup lives on in Shelbyville Updated: May-06-16 11:11 am
SHELBYVILLE, Kentucky - One of the many traditions associated with the Kentucky Derby is the mint julep - the bourbon cocktail served at the Derby and at numerous Derby-related gatherings.
- The Latest: 2 being questioned in shooting near Derby parade Updated: May-05-16 9:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on a shooting near the route of the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Parade on Thursday (all times local):
- Baffert returns to Kentucky Derby with under the radar horse Updated: May-05-16 5:22 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Bob Baffert feels under the radar with his latest horse at the Kentucky Derby. All anyone wants to talk about is American Pharoah, last year's winner who went on to become the sport's first Triple Crown champion in 37 years.