- Police: 2 in custody after shooting near Derby parade Updated: May-05-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two teenagers were shot near the route of the Kentucky Derby Festival's Pegasus Parade on Thursday, and two 15-year-old boys were being questioned, Louisville police said.
- The Latest: 2 being questioned in shooting near Derby parade Updated: May-05-16 9:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on a shooting near the route of the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Parade on Thursday (all times local):
- Baffert returns to Kentucky Derby with under the radar horse Updated: May-05-16 5:22 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Bob Baffert feels under the radar with his latest horse at the Kentucky Derby. All anyone wants to talk about is American Pharoah, last year's winner who went on to become the sport's first Triple Crown champion in 37 years.
- Todd Pletcher sends out 2 horses in quest for 2nd Derby win Updated: May-05-16 3:52 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Todd Pletcher, Bob Baffert and Doug O'Neill are the only trainers in this year's Kentucky Derby with previous victories in the race.
- Repole in Derby chase with Outwork, son of top sire Uncle Mo Updated: May-05-16 8:55 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Five years ago, Mike Repole was living the dream. He had already made his share of an estimated $4.1 billion fortune from the sale of the company that produced Vitaminwater, and now he had himself a Kentucky Derby favorite with a horse named Uncle Mo.
- Nyquist draws No. 13 post as early 3-1 Kentucky Derby fav Updated: May-04-16 6:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doug O'Neill was all smiles after early 3-1 favorite Nyquist drew the No. 13 post for the 142nd Kentucky Derby.
- DERBY 2016: By-the-numbers at the Kentucky Derby Updated: May-04-16 6:22 pm
Kentucky Derby by-the-numbers:
- Derby Kids hit social media Updated: May-04-16 4:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The offspring of several Kentucky Derby trainers are hitting social media this week to provide inside dirt on their fathers' horses.
- 22 horses entered for Kentucky Derby; field limited to 20 Updated: May-04-16 12:30 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Twenty-two horses have been entered for Saturday's Kentucky Derby, two more than the maximum field of 20.
- Ky. bourbon trail offers a lesson for reviving racing's fans Updated: May-04-16 2:47 am
MIDWAY, Kentucky - Camera-toting visitors to the grounds at Three Chimneys Farm can get a glimpse of the pampered lives of thoroughbred stallions - the star attractions that frolic in lush paddocks or relax in stately stalls when they aren't in the breeding shed.
- Mohaymen looks to rebound in Kentucky Derby from 1st loss Updated: May-03-16 4:27 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Mohaymen went from likely Kentucky Derby favorite to a question mark in the span of less than two minutes.
- DERBY 2016: A touch of gray gives 142nd Derby striking look Updated: May-03-16 3:45 pm
The 142nd Kentucky Derby is showing its age, in a gray kind of way.
- Rachel's Valentina is 7-2 favorite in Kentucky Oaks Updated: May-03-16 1:14 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Rachel's Valentina is the 7-2 morning-line favorite in the $1 million Kentucky Oaks for 3-year-old fillies on Friday at Churchill Downs.
- Gun Runner, Mor Spirit and Creator get in final Derby work Updated: May-02-16 2:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A day after storms drenched Churchill Downs, Kentucky Derby horses Mor Spirit, Gun Runner and stablemate Creator enjoyed sunny skies and solid footing in their final workouts for racing's marquee event.
- Collmus will keep calling big horse races for NBC Updated: May-02-16 12:40 pm
NEW YORK - His voice already belongs to history, and now Larry Collmus has another five years to see if he gets to call another Triple Crown.
- Do you finish ahead of the field in Kentucky Derby trivia? Updated: May-02-16 12:08 pm
How well do you know the history of the Kentucky Derby? Try this quiz:
- Expected Kentucky Derby favorite Nyquist jogs at Churchill Updated: May-01-16 2:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Nyquist has stepped onto the track at Churchill Downs for the first time to begin his final preparations for the Kentucky Derby.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Keeneland has provided a training option for Derby hopefuls Updated: Apr-29-16 3:10 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - While the path to the Kentucky Derby has wound through Florida, New York, California and other places, some hopefuls have found a quiet little stopover down the road from Churchill Downs at Keeneland.
- Bevin revamps Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Updated: Apr-27-16 6:05 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Gov. Matt Bevin revamped the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on Wednesday with 11 new members and one holdover, reshaping a group overseeing a signature state industry.
- Triple Crown winner Espinoza to ride Whitmore in Derby Updated: Apr-27-16 1:36 pm
Victor Espinoza will have a chance for an unprecedented three-peat in the Kentucky Derby, after all.
- Idaho official: Kobe Bryant's remarks help save potato truck Updated: Apr-25-16 3:39 pm
EAGLE, Idaho - Kobe Bryant's recent mention of the Great Big Idaho Potato Truck might have helped save the traveling advertisement from a premature retirement, according to the head of a state agency that promotes Idaho potatoes.
- Breeders' Cup to return to Churchill Downs in 2018 Updated: Apr-25-16 12:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Breeders' Cup is returning to its old Kentucky home at Churchill Downs.
- 400 years later, Shakespeare's voice still echoes in sports Updated: Apr-22-16 1:56 pm
He's the cleanup hitter of the English language, the sultan of sonnet and song.
- AP Derby Top 10: Nyquist is so No. 1, California horses rule Updated: Apr-18-16 5:49 pm
Those California horses sure love the Kentucky Derby. And there's not a beach anywhere near Churchill Downs - only a winner's circle, a blanket of roses and a place in the history books.