- Atlantic City nearer to bankruptcy as aid effort crashes Updated: May-05-16 6:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Atlantic City is closer than ever to having to file for bankruptcy after state lawmakers' efforts to help it crashed and burned Thursday.
- Advocacy group says Illinois fantasy sports bill needs work Updated: May-04-16 6:34 am
CHICAGO - A law enforcement advocacy group in Chicago says safeguards in proposed Illinois legislation on fantasy sports betting aren't good enough and could open the door to organized crime.
- Idahoans blocked from using paid fantasy sports sites Updated: May-02-16 6:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho is the most recent state to block fantasy sports fans from betting on sports contests through two multibillion dollar paid fantasy companies.
- McCrory seeks extra lottery profits for new initiatives Updated: Apr-28-16 6:09 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory wants legislators to let him use unanticipated extra profits from the North Carolina lottery in part for several new education initiatives and others that never before benefited directly from the state-run numbers games and scratch-offs.
- State denies gambling license for proposed Brockton casino Updated: Apr-28-16 6:00 pm
BOSTON - Two major resort casinos won't duke it out in Massachusetts' southeastern corner after all.
- Lawmakers give initial OK to California online gambling bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:10 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - After eight years of failed attempts to pass online gambling, lawmakers are advancing the first proposal that would legalize online poker in California.
- NY gambling regulators to tour casino construction site Updated: Apr-25-16 12:41 am
ALBANY, New York - Gambling regulators in New York state are set to get an up-close look at one of four new casinos planned for the upstate.
- Marnell Gaming gets final approval to purchase Nugget casino Updated: Apr-22-16 12:53 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - State gaming regulators have given final approval to Marnell Gaming LLC's acquisition of the Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks.
- Regulator: AC casinos hiring 2,400 this year, 600 full-time Updated: Apr-21-16 5:36 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A top Atlantic City casino regulator said Thursday the gambling halls plan to hire more workers this year.
- Pete Rose leads off induction ceremony for Bobblehead hall Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 am
MILWAUKEE - Leading off for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum: Pete Rose.
- House approves Fantasy Sports Tax Act Updated: Apr-19-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Legislature passed a bill that would make clear that fantasy sports betting is legal, but would also regulate it and put a tax on it.
- Looney says fantasy sports bill unlikely after AG's warning Updated: Apr-18-16 5:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Legislation authorizing fantasy sports appeared unlikely Monday to pass this year after the Connecticut attorney general said it could jeopardize the state's slot machine revenue-sharing agreement with two federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Measures to regulate fantasy sports in Maryland fail Updated: Apr-12-16 1:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Measures to regulate Internet fantasy sports betting in Maryland have failed in the state's legislature.
- Missouri lawmakers weigh daily fantasy sports rules, taxes Updated: Apr-09-16 4:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri House members this week took action to be among the first states to pass laws protecting daily fantasy sports, a business that has fallen under national scrutiny by state lawmakers and attorneys general.
- Missouri House passes bill on rules for daily fantasy sports Updated: Apr-07-16 5:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Fantasy sports could continue in Missouri without facing gambling regulations under a bill advancing in the state Legislature.
- Illinois delays daily fantasy sports legislation Updated: Apr-06-16 12:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois is being delayed as lawmakers continue working on crafting the proposal.