- Bills to expand gambling to internet, bars and airports fail Updated: May-24-16 5:53 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Legislation that would expand casino-style gambling to airports, bars, off-track betting parlors and casino-run websites is stalling in Pennsylvania's House of Representatives.
- Iowa Supreme Court ends suit over former floating casino Updated: May-24-16 12:09 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has ended a long legal battle between the owners of the former Argosy Sioux City riverboat casino and state regulators.
- Audit: State lottery broke law to get around budget impasse Updated: May-21-16 4:10 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - The state's auditor general says the Illinois Lottery violated state finance law by prepaying $20 million to ensure it could participate in future multi-state lottery games even without a state budget.
- Future of Illinois' daily fantasy sports bill unclear Updated: May-19-16 6:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A last-minute push to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois cleared the state Senate on Thursday, but the bill's future is in limbo because of some legislative maneuvering.
- East Texas electronic bingo venue opens on tribal site Updated: May-19-16 1:39 pm
LIVINGSTON, Texas - Feel like gambling?
- Vegas sports book operator accused of underpaying bettors Updated: May-18-16 6:57 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators have accused one of the state's largest sports book operators of a series of egregious violations, including underpaying winners, accepting bets after a match and knowingly withholding information even after authorities warned them two years ago to stay out of trouble following a record $5.5 million settlement involving a separate illegal sports betting case.
- Man City defender Demichelis fined, escapes FA ban for bets Updated: May-18-16 8:54 am
LONDON - Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis has escaped a ban after accepting a betting-related charge from the English Football Association.
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case Updated: May-13-16 8:20 am
MOSCOW - The Russian Basketball Federation says it has banned 24 players from 11 clubs as part of an investigation into gambling.
- Lottery officials push back against daily fantasy sports Updated: May-13-16 3:31 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Lottery officials have sent a letter to the House Finance Committee arguing that regulation of daily fantasy sports would violate the state's constitution.
- North Carolina editorial roundup Updated: May-11-16 4:59 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Congress putting daily fantasy sports games under scrutiny Updated: May-11-16 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress on Wednesday launched a fact-finding mission into the loosely regulated world of fantasy sports games - a multibillion-dollar business that seemingly advertised everywhere during the pro football season.
- Idahoans blocked from using paid fantasy sports sites Updated: May-02-16 6:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho is the most recent state to block fantasy sports fans from betting on sports contests through two multibillion dollar paid fantasy companies.
- McCrory seeks extra lottery profits for new initiatives Updated: Apr-28-16 6:09 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory wants legislators to let him use unanticipated extra profits from the North Carolina lottery in part for several new education initiatives and others that never before benefited directly from the state-run numbers games and scratch-offs.
- State denies gambling license for proposed Brockton casino Updated: Apr-28-16 6:00 pm
BOSTON - Two major resort casinos won't duke it out in Massachusetts' southeastern corner after all.
- Lawmakers give initial OK to California online gambling bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:10 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - After eight years of failed attempts to pass online gambling, lawmakers are advancing the first proposal that would legalize online poker in California.