- Memorable words from the National Spelling Bee Updated: May-26-16 4:24 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Here are some memorable words and definitions from the final rounds of the 89th Scripps National Spelling Bee. Biological terms were particularly challenging, and shorter words often present a greater challenge than longer ones, which are made up of roots that spellers can piece together.
- 'That was brutal': National Spelling Bee down to top 10 Updated: May-26-16 3:48 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Tejas Muthusamy knew he was in trouble.
- Born deaf, 11-year-old is among nation's top spellers Updated: May-24-16 5:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Making it to the Scripps National Spelling Bee is an amazing achievement for any kid, but for 11-year-old Neil Maes, being born deaf made his journey especially unlikely.
- Bilingual southern Indiana youth heads to Nat'l Spelling Bee Updated: May-19-16 3:44 am
HUNTINGBURG, Indiana - When Jaffet Cruz studies spelling words and vocabulary, it's a lesson for both him and his parents.
- Kevin Negandhi to host ESPN's spelling bee telecast Updated: May-18-16 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - The Scripps National Spelling Bee will have a new host for its ESPN telecast: "SportsCenter" anchor Kevin Negandhi.
- Sweet spell of success Updated: May-18-16 2:02 am
CLOVIS, New Mexico - Ariel Kokoricha doesn't have any favorite words.