- CVS meets 4Q profit forecasts, reaffirms 2016 outlook Updated: Feb-09-16 9:57 am
CVS Health's fourth-quarter profit rose 13 percent, as acquisition gains helped the drugstore operator and pharmacy benefits manager meet Wall Street's earnings expectations.
- 10 CSI students barred from graduating due to accreditation Updated: Feb-09-16 9:52 am
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A group of College of Southern Idaho students are stuck in limbo after completing their physical therapist assistant classes, but being barred from graduating due to accreditation problems.
- Obama asking Congress for emergency funding to combat Zika Updated: Feb-08-16 10:40 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is asking Congress for more than $1.8 billion in emergency funding to fight the Zika virus and the mosquitoes that spread it here and abroad, but says "there shouldn't be a panic on this."
- Facebook restores page for medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Feb-08-16 6:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Facebook has restored the business page of one of three New Jersey medical marijuana dispensaries it shut down last week for violating the social media company's policy against promoting the sale of drugs.
- Senate leader: Utah medical pot plan may not be dead Updated: Feb-08-16 3:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The president of the Utah state Senate says a bill allowing the medical use of edible pot products may not be dead on arrival just because the Mormon church opposes it.
- Johns Hopkins approved for HIV-positive organ transplants Updated: Feb-08-16 2:45 pm
BALTIMORE - Johns Hopkins Medicine has recently received approval to perform organ transplants between HIV-positive donors and recipients.
- Correction: Medical Marijuana-Woody Harrelson story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:57 pm
HONOLULU - In a story Feb. 5 about actor Woody Harrelson applying for a medical marijuana license in Hawaii, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of another business seeking a medical marijuana dispensary license. It is Blue Planet Healing, not Blue Planet Foundation.
- State says painkiller prescriptions continue to fall in Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 1:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Painkiller prescribing continues to fall in Ohio as health and law enforcement authorities battle a deadly addictions epidemic, according to data released by the state Monday.
- Gallup senator's detox center proposal goes before committee Updated: Feb-08-16 8:13 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A proposal to fund detox and substance abuse treatment centers for the homeless with money from the state's liquor excise tax is scheduled to go before the state Senate Corporations and Transportation Committee on Monday.
- Former Seattle IRS agent to face trial on bribery charge Updated: Feb-07-16 2:38 pm
SEATTLE - A former IRS agent in Seattle is set to face trial this week on accusations that he solicited and received a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- 4th patient infected during mold outbreak at hospital dies Updated: Feb-07-16 2:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - A fourth transplant patient who contracted a fungal infection during a mold outbreak at a western Pennsylvania hospital has died, officials said Sunday.
- Kidney from boss means life for Burlington woman Updated: Feb-07-16 10:27 am
WEST BURLINGTON, Iowa - Despite a failing kidney that drained her energy, stiffened her joints and forced her on dialysis, Burlington resident Samantha Ripple never asked anyone for a kidney transplant.
- Mormon church comes out against Utah medical marijuana bill Updated: Feb-06-16 11:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church has come out against a Utah bill that would allow the medical use of edible pot products, a position that could be a serious blow to one of two medical marijuana proposals before state lawmakers.
- NY gov moves to stop gay 'conversion' therapy for minors Updated: Feb-06-16 1:24 pm
NEW YORK - New York is taking steps to stop therapists from trying to change young people's sexual orientation, joining a number of states that have taken action against what's known as "conversion therapy."
- Nurseries request cultivation authorization in Florida Updated: Feb-06-16 10:48 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The nurseries selected to cultivate and distribute the first medical marijuana in Florida have requested cultivation authorization.
- New Mexico Senate passes version of a 'Kendra's law' Updated: Feb-05-16 5:00 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A year after a similar bill died amid partisan bickering, the New Mexico Senate passed a proposal Friday that would require some state residents with severe mental illness to receive court-ordered outpatient treatment.
- Review: Errors led to parole of man who later killed officer Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A series of communication breakdowns led a parole board to release a man to a drug treatment center where he later escaped and killed a police officer working overtime to pay for cancer treatments, the Utah Department of Corrections said Friday following an internal review.
- Congress unites in scorn for Shkreli, but gridlock remains Updated: Feb-05-16 2:59 pm
WASHINGTON - A smirking Martin Shkreli briefly united Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill this week, as lawmakers took turns blasting the price-hiking former CEO who has become the new poster child for corporate greed.
- NY medical marijuana program: 551 patients certified so far Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - Some 551 New Yorkers have been certified to obtain medical marijuana, nearly one month after the state's program began.
- Jefferson County Public Schools stops requiring some tests Updated: Feb-05-16 12:56 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Jefferson County Public Schools has announced it is not requiring teachers to give students diagnostic tests for the rest of the year.
- Kansas Senate committee passes step therapy legislation Updated: Feb-05-16 11:43 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Senate will consider a bill that would require Medicaid patients to try lower-cost drugs before moving to more expensive treatments.
- Firefighters reassigned after not diagnosing gunshot wound Updated: Feb-05-16 8:03 am
WASHINGTON - Two emergency medical technician firefighters have been reassigned after failing to diagnose a gunshot wound to a patient they treated.
- Officials to begin sending out Pease well blood test results Updated: Feb-05-16 4:25 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - State officials say they will begin sending out results to Portsmouth residents who had their blood tested for possible exposure to contaminated water at the former Pease Air Force Base.
- Panel OKs second Utah medical marijuana plan of the day Updated: Feb-04-16 9:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A panel of Utah lawmakers approved a bill that would allow tens of thousands of residents with chronic or debilitating conditions to consume edible pot products but bans smoking pot.
- Lawmakers want medical marijuana oversight committee Updated: Feb-04-16 9:29 pm
HONOLULU - With less than five months until medical marijuana dispensaries are up and running, Hawaii lawmakers are considering a bill to create an oversight committee for the future industry.