- Brain tumor treatment hits a milestone in Chesterfield Updated: May-28-16 10:18 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - Chesterfield County resident Aleka Gravely was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008. She had a mastectomy and went through chemotherapy in 2009, after which she was declared cancer free.
- Cellphone radiation study raises concerns despite low risk Updated: May-27-16 7:28 pm
WASHINGTON - A new federal study of the potential dangers of cellphone radiation, conducted in rats, found a slight increase in brain tumors in males and raised long-dormant concerns about the safety of spending so much time with cellphones glued to our ears.
- Eintracht captain Marco Russ diagnosed with tumor Updated: May-19-16 5:51 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Eintracht Frankfurt captain Marco Russ has been diagnosed with tumor after a doping test showed abnormal levels of the human growth hormone.
- FDA OKs immunotherapy drugs for bladder, blood cancers Updated: May-18-16 6:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - U.S. regulators have approved the first drug for bladder cancer that harnesses the body's immune system, the first major advance in three decades against the most common type of bladder cancer.
- Doctor says brain tumor growing in Panama's Manuel Noriega Updated: May-12-16 8:50 pm
PANAMA CITY - A personal doctor and a daughter of imprisoned former Panamanian strongman Manuel Noriega say his benign brain tumor has grown significantly and will require surgery.
- Vietnam veteran with brain tumor honored in La Vista home Updated: May-06-16 2:01 pm
LA VISTA, Nebraska - A Vietnam veteran with a terminal brain tumor has received an Honor Flight salute at his home in a suburb of Omaha.
- Massachusetts cancer survivor hits high note at Fenway Park Updated: May-02-16 9:35 am
PEABODY, Massachusetts - When John Lema sang the National Anthem before the Red Sox game on April 27, he did it not just as a lifelong Sox fan, but also as a brain cancer survivor.