- The Latest: Clinton to GOPers: join her on "American team" Updated: May-04-16 3:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- Story about affair takes Fox News correspondent off air Updated: May-04-16 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - Fox News Channel's chief White House correspondent, Ed Henry, is "taking some time off" following publication of a magazine story alleging an affair with a Las Vegas woman, the network said Wednesday.
- TV's 'Big Bang' wins in a comedy landslide Updated: May-03-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - "The Big Bang Theory" was the comedy winner in television last week - by a landslide.
- Obama out: President closes out his run as comedian-in-chief Updated: May-01-16 5:01 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama performed his brand of sharp-tongued comedy at the White House Correspondents' Dinner for the last time - wrapping up with "Obama out" and dropping the mic while the crowd cheered.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Strahan-Ripa breakup isn't TV's first botched transition Updated: Apr-30-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - "Live with Kelly and Michael" host Kelly Ripa emerged from her brief "strike" this past week on stronger footing, having extracted an apology from Walt Disney Co. officials for giving her little advanced word that her co-host Michael Strahan was leaving for "Good Morning America."
- TV pundit who claimed CIA ties pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-29-16 5:40 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Former cable news pundit Wayne Simmons admits he's a fraud. And he admits he's a felon. But despite all evidence to the contrary, he remains adamant that he was a CIA man.
- Iraqi authorities shut down Al Jazeera's Baghdad bureau Updated: Apr-28-16 1:19 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Al Jazeera Media Network says Iraqi authorities have shut down their bureau in Baghdad and banned its journalists from reporting in the country.
- Search to begin for Michael Strahan's successor on 'Live' Updated: Apr-27-16 2:27 pm
NEW YORK - If finding a new partner for Kelly Ripa on her daytime talk show is anything like the process that led to Michael Strahan's hiring, it won't be quick.
- Strahan to exit 'Live' in May, Ripa says all is forgiven Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Kelly Ripa returned to her daytime talk show Tuesday after time off to "gather (her) thoughts" in response to learning her co-host Michael Strahan is leaving, saying the incident had started a conversation about workplace respect.
- Prominent journalist denied work permit in Ukraine Updated: Apr-26-16 11:59 am
MOSCOW - One of the most influential journalists on Ukrainian television was denied a work permit on Tuesday, authorities said.
- Megyn Kelly to interview Donald Trump for Fox TV special Updated: Apr-25-16 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Donald Trump will join Megyn Kelly on a Fox TV special for her first interview with him since the fallout from their encounter during a GOP presidential debate last summer.
- Winners announced in 2016 MAPB contest Updated: Apr-23-16 10:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Winners of the Mississippi Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 23 in Jackson, Mississippi. The MAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The MAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Winners announced in 2015 Illinois AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-23-16 9:05 pm
CHICAGO - Winners of the Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association contest were announced Saturday in Springfield.
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- Roanoke anchor John Carlin wins Gallimore award Updated: Apr-23-16 4:08 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - John Carlin, who anchors four news programs each day for Roanoke station WSLS-TV, is the recipient of this year's AP Robert Gallimore Distinguished Service Award.
- Fox's Sean Hannity at center of bitter campaign competition Updated: Apr-23-16 12:54 pm
NEW YORK - Sean Hannity is getting a bruising reminder that this year's presidential campaign defies traditional political rules.
- Ripa won't be on next 3 days of her talk show, either Updated: Apr-20-16 8:10 pm
NEW YORK - Kelly Ripa was absent from her daytime talk show the day after the announcement that co-host Michael Strahan is leaving, and she won't be back for the next few days, either.
- Study: Fox, CNN spent more time on GOP candidates than Dems Updated: Apr-19-16 10:53 am
NEW YORK - Anyone who used Fox News Channel's prime-time lineup as their main source of campaign news over the past month may be forgiven for thinking there was only one presidential nomination contest.
- Obama: Top intel official reviewing secret 9/11 material Updated: Apr-19-16 3:19 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says the top-ranking U.S. intelligence official is reviewing classified material in a Sept. 11 report that families of attack victims and some lawmakers are demanding be made public.
- In crackdown on celebrity, China bans stars' kids from shows Updated: Apr-18-16 5:52 am
BEIJING - China is banning the children of famous entertainers from appearing on hugely popular reality shows, as the country continues efforts to try to prevent the manufacture of child stars.
- Morning show producer taking over Colbert's show Updated: Apr-13-16 2:37 pm
NEW YORK - Toward the end of Stephen Colbert's first season as "Late Show" host, CBS said Wednesday it has assigned the producer who reinvented the network's morning news show to take over as top behind-the-scenes executive at the late-night comedy program.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- 2015 APTRA Awards announced Updated: Apr-12-16 8:32 pm
Here is the list of the 2015 APTRA Broadcast Contest winners:
- Chicago radio personality Doug Banks dies at age 57 Updated: Apr-12-16 12:50 am
CHICAGO - Nationally syndicated radio host Doug Banks, a longtime fixture in Chicago radio and television, died early Monday at age 57.