- 2 more journalists go missing in lawless area of Colombia Updated: May-24-16 9:27 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Two more journalists were reported missing Tuesday in a lawless region where Colombian security forces were already carrying out an extensive search for a prominent Spanish journalist who disappeared over the weekend.
- CBS is most popular network for eighth season in a row Updated: May-24-16 4:15 pm
NEW YORK - CBS will finish the television season as the nation's most popular television network for the eighth consecutive year, and win among the youthful demographic sought by advertisers for only the third time since modern record-keeping began in the 1980s.
- EU,OSCE watching changes at Serbia regional broadcaster Updated: May-22-16 11:45 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - The European Union and OSCE missions in Serbia say they have "taken note" of recent changes at a regional public broadcaster that followed last month's general elections and sparked accusations of government pressure on the media.
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump Updated: May-22-16 9:10 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on Campaign 2016 (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Winners announced in 2015 PAPBA contest Updated: May-20-16 9:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Four radio and television stations were honored with the Joe Snyder Award for Outstanding News Service on Friday at the Pennsylvania Associated Press Broadcasters Association's annual awards banquet.
- Morley Safer, veteran "60 Minutes" correspondent, dies at 84 Updated: May-20-16 12:27 am
NEW YORK - During a visit last Friday with a frail Morley Safer, Tom Brokaw exchanged memories with him about fellow journalists Ben Bradlee, Don Hewitt and others who had died.
- WADA appoints McLaren to oversee Sochi investigation Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SYDNEY - World Anti-Doping Agency president Craig Reedie has appointed Richard McLaren as the independent overseer of an investigation into allegations of state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Trump and frequent target Megyn Kelly call a truce Updated: May-17-16 10:05 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump and Megyn Kelly appear to have called a truce.
- '60 Minutes' honors correspondent Morley Safer as he retires Updated: May-15-16 11:21 pm
NEW YORK - "60 Minutes" said goodbye to Morley Safer on Sunday, honoring the newsman who has been a fixture at the CBS newsmagazine for all but two of its 48 years
- Brokaw to speak to graduates at Ole Miss commencement Updated: May-14-16 3:01 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - NBC News broadcaster Tom Brokaw will address graduates Saturday at the University of Mississippi.
- Michael Strahan exiting as Kelly Ripa's talk-show partner Updated: May-13-16 12:58 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Strahan wrapped co-host Kelly Ripa in a giant hug in the final moment of their talk show, his exit on Friday accelerated by awkwardness surrounding the announcement of the former football star's new job at ABC's "Good Morning America."
- Review: Clooney gets a conscience in 'Money Monster' Updated: May-12-16 6:42 am
George Clooney plays a Jim Cramer-like television personality who's forced to grow a conscience when a disgruntled viewer holds him hostage on live TV in "Money Monster," a serviceable, if slight, real time thriller from director Jodie Foster.
- Kelly Ripa: Host search behind Michael Strahan's early exit Updated: May-12-16 6:31 am
NEW YORK - Kelly Ripa says Michael Strahan is leaving their morning talk show earlier than originally planned so a search for his replacement can begin.
- Fox modeling TV show based on famed gossip page Updated: May-11-16 2:09 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Post is bringing its "Page Six" gossip page to television in a program that will be tested on some Fox stations in July.
- 3 sports journalists in Abu Dhabi convicted of slander Updated: May-11-16 9:12 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Three journalists who appeared on a Dubai television sports channel and criticized the network's Abu Dhabi competitor have received three-month suspended prison sentences for slander, state-backed media reported.
- A Trump truce? He's a guest on Megyn Kelly's Fox TV special Updated: May-10-16 11:01 am
NEW YORK - When Megyn Kelly sits down with Donald Trump for her prime-time special on the Fox broadcasting network, the Fox News Channel host hopes to call a truce to the war waged by the presumptive Republican nominee since he began slamming her after last August's Republican debate, where he was galled by her tough questioning as one of its moderators.
- Hundreds march across New York bridge for stricter gun laws Updated: May-07-16 6:10 pm
NEW YORK - Hundreds of people carrying photos of loved ones killed by gun violence marched across the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday to rally for stricter gun laws and chanted demands for action.
- Egypt court recommends death for 2 Al-Jazeera employees Updated: May-07-16 2:07 pm
CAIRO - An Egyptian court on Saturday recommended the death sentence against six people, including two Al-Jazeera employees, for allegedly passing documents related to national security to Qatar and the Doha-based TV network during the rule of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.
- Story about affair takes Fox News correspondent off air Updated: May-04-16 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - Fox News Channel's chief White House correspondent, Ed Henry, is "taking some time off" following publication of a magazine story alleging an affair with a Las Vegas woman, the network said Wednesday.
- Obama out: President closes out his run as comedian-in-chief Updated: May-01-16 5:01 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama performed his brand of sharp-tongued comedy at the White House Correspondents' Dinner for the last time - wrapping up with "Obama out" and dropping the mic while the crowd cheered.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Strahan-Ripa breakup isn't TV's first botched transition Updated: Apr-30-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - "Live with Kelly and Michael" host Kelly Ripa emerged from her brief "strike" this past week on stronger footing, having extracted an apology from Walt Disney Co. officials for giving her little advanced word that her co-host Michael Strahan was leaving for "Good Morning America."
- TV pundit who claimed CIA ties pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-29-16 5:40 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Former cable news pundit Wayne Simmons admits he's a fraud. And he admits he's a felon. But despite all evidence to the contrary, he remains adamant that he was a CIA man.
- Iraqi authorities shut down Al Jazeera's Baghdad bureau Updated: Apr-28-16 1:19 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Al Jazeera Media Network says Iraqi authorities have shut down their bureau in Baghdad and banned its journalists from reporting in the country.
- Search to begin for Michael Strahan's successor on 'Live' Updated: Apr-27-16 2:27 pm
NEW YORK - If finding a new partner for Kelly Ripa on her daytime talk show is anything like the process that led to Michael Strahan's hiring, it won't be quick.