- Jon Stewart signing off 'Daily Show' fake newscast for real Updated: Jul-30-15 1:31 pm
NEW YORK - After more than 16 years and nearly 2,600 telecasts, Jon Stewart can feel proud of his scads of Emmys and his pair of Peabody Awards, his cultural gravitas (he hung with the Prez, both on and off the air!), even his reprobate status at Fox News.
- 10 of Jon Stewart's highlights from 'The Daily Show' Updated: Jul-30-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - When he leaves Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Aug. 6 after hosting nearly 2,600 episodes, Jon Stewart will have logged too many great moments to count. But here are 10 Stewart highlights - both on and off the show - worth remembering:
- New 'Daily Host' host says tenor will change, not targets Updated: Jul-29-15 4:49 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Incoming "Daily Show" host Trevor Noah said politics and the media will remain targets of the program but the perspective will be distinctively his.
- 'Celebrity Family Feud' a summertime hit Updated: Jul-28-15 5:14 pm
NEW YORK - The survey says: ABC's version of "Celebrity Family Feud" ended its run on Sunday as an unexpected summertime hit.
- Trump dominates nightly news on election, study shows Updated: Jul-28-15 3:25 pm
NEW YORK - Since the beginning of June, Donald Trump has received more coverage on the broadcast network evening newscasts than all of the other candidates for president combined, with his estranged former partners at NBC giving him the most attention.
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - The coach of Mexico's national soccer team is known for his histrionic displays of emotion during games.
- Ohio governor says he's not using "hot rhetoric' for support Updated: Jul-26-15 12:28 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's governor says he isn't going to use "hot rhetoric" or campaign promises that won't be kept as he tries to move up in the crowded GOP field.
- High-stakes lobbying on Iran deal; pressure for Congress Updated: Jul-19-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Israel's ambassador to the United States raced in and out of offices on Capitol Hill, trying to persuade lawmakers that the nuclear deal with Iran is a historic mistake.
- Marlene Sanders, TV news reporter and executive, dies at 84 Updated: Jul-15-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - Marlene Sanders, a veteran television journalist for ABC and CBS News at a time when relatively few women did that job, has died of cancer. She was 84.
- Lightning disrupts TV news broadcast Updated: Jul-11-15 10:34 am
DENVER - A thunderstorm Friday night knocked Denver's Channel 9 television newscast off the air for a short time.
- Mexican TV anchor Jacobo Zabludovsky dies at 87 Updated: Jul-02-15 6:07 pm
MEXICO CITY - Jacobo Zabludovsky, a journalist who for decades was seen as a symbol of the tight links between Mexico's government and press, died Thursday at age 87.
- American dean fired from Russian university after TV show Updated: Jul-01-15 12:32 pm
MOSCOW - A Russian university has fired an American businessman after his presence on the faculty was questioned during a pro-Kremlin weekly television news program.