- Kim Kardashian says use of selfies can be empowering Updated: Jul-01-15 2:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Kim Kardashian says the large number of selfies she posts on social media empowers her to control her public image, but also contributes to her being viewed by some merely as a sexual object.
- Campbell movie sets standard for CNN film Updated: Jun-30-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - CNN's airing of a documentary on singer Glen Campbell's fight with Alzheimer's Disease shattered previous viewership records for a movie on the news network.
- Fox News launching real estate program Updated: Jun-30-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - Watch out, HGTV. Fox News Channel is getting into the real estate television business.
- Early, weighty choices in 'Frontline' doc 'Growing Up Trans' Updated: Jun-29-15 9:18 pm
NEW YORK - "Growing Up Trans" explores the transgender phenomenon as younger people than ever (and their parents) now experience it: a frontier of possibilities and unknowns, and a minefield of high-stakes choices for these youngsters as they also navigate the changes adolescence brings.
- Roger Ailes signs new contract at Fox Updated: Jun-25-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Roger Ailes has signed a new contract to continue as chief executive of Fox News Channel, the network that has become a ratings and financial powerhouse since he created it two decades ago, 21st Century Fox said Thursday.
- NBC's Holt ready to take over as 'Nightly' anchor Updated: Jun-22-15 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - New "Nightly News" anchor Lester Holt says he doesn't believe the broadcast needs to take special steps to rebuild trust among viewers following Brian Williams' demotion, even as NBC's first advertisement promoting him lauds his dependability.
- A newsman gone astray will return to NBC seeking redemption Updated: Jun-20-15 10:04 am
NEW YORK - In 1974, CBS News anchor Walter Cronkite made a cameo appearance as himself on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."
- Brian Williams' rehabilitation efforts begin Friday Updated: Jun-19-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - Brian Williams said the months since his suspension from NBC News had been like torture, and a come-clean interview with colleague Matt Lauer on the "Today" show must surely have felt like an extension.
- NBC removes Brian Williams from 'Nightly News' Updated: Jun-18-15 3:47 pm
NEW YORK - NBC said Thursday that Brian Williams will not return to his job as "Nightly News" anchor following his suspension for misrepresenting himself, but will be given a second chance with the company as a breaking news anchor at the cable network MSNBC.
- A history of anchors of NBC's evening newscast Updated: Jun-18-15 2:10 pm
NBC has aired a weeknight newscast for nearly seven decades, but only a handful of anchors have presided over it. Here is the roster:
- NBC's new anchor Lester Holt rose steadily to top Updated: Jun-18-15 1:47 pm
NEW YORK - While Lester Holt's ascension to full-time anchor of NBC's "Nightly News" came as a result of Brian Williams' stunning downfall, no one can say he hasn't worked hard to take advantage of an opportunity.
- Murdoch's sons to become CEO, co-chair at 21st Century Fox Updated: Jun-11-15 7:15 pm
Rupert Murdoch will soon hand over the reins of the media dynasty that began with his father's Australian newspaper nearly a century ago to his sons.
- Former Al Jazeera America journalist claims bias Updated: Jun-11-15 4:53 pm
NEW YORK - The former head of Al Jazeera America's documentary unit has sued the news network, claiming it is biased against non-Arabs and women in stories that it produces and in how it treats employees.
- CNN's Jake Tapper hopes to add depth to Sunday morning crowd Updated: Jun-10-15 1:19 pm
NEW YORK - CNN's Jake Tapper, the third new host of a Sunday morning public affairs show to debut within the past year, says he hopes to attract viewers who want a little more depth to their political interviews.
- Dickerson plan as 'Face the Nation' host: Stick to the news Updated: Jun-07-15 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - John Dickerson says just-retired Bob Schieffer left him with one piece of advice about moderating CBS' "Face the Nation" - and he's going to follow it.
- 4 journalists win Livingston reporting awards Updated: Jun-04-15 1:56 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Livingston Awards honoring outstanding work by journalists under age 35 were given to four reporters this week for their work covering Syria's civil war, mishandled sexual assault complaints and lax training for armed security guards.
- MSNBC, E! ranked high in social network engagement Updated: Jun-03-15 12:40 pm
NEW YORK - A company that measures the effectiveness of television networks on social media says MSNBC is top-ranked on Facebook and E! Entertainment is best on Twitter.
- Nielsen's top programs for May 25-31 Updated: Jun-02-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for May 25-31. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
- Donation little hindrance to Stephanopoulos interviews Updated: Jun-02-15 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Newly declared Republican presidential candidate Lindsey Graham's interview with George Stephanopoulos on "Good Morning America" Tuesday is the latest sign that the ABC anchor's donations to the Clinton Foundation seem not to have impeded his coverage of the upcoming presidential elections.