- Health care spending to accelerate, US report says Updated: Jul-28-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The nation's respite from accelerating health care costs appears to be over.
- Senior Republicans rebuke Cruz over his attacks on McConnell Updated: Jul-26-15 9:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior Senate Republicans lined up Sunday to rebuke Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz for harshly criticizing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, an extraordinary display of intraparty division played out live on the Senate floor.
- Senate GOP setting up 'Obamacare' vote on highway bill Updated: Jul-24-15 10:15 am
WASHINGTON - Senate Republican leaders announced plans Friday to use a must-pass highway bill to try to overturn President Barack Obama's health care law, in the latest GOP assault on "Obamacare."
- Lawmakers: VA hid details as budget crisis loomed Updated: Jul-22-15 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers from both parties accused the Department of Veterans Affairs Wednesday of hiding details of a budget crisis that could force the shutdown of some VA hospitals next month.
- Maryland Medicaid expansion much higher than forecast Updated: Jul-19-15 10:37 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland is one of more than a dozen states where new Medicaid enrollees under President Barack Obama's health care law have surpassed initial projects, though state analysts say Maryland is actually spending less on its Medicaid population because federal health care reform is covering 100,000 people who used to get health care paid entirely by the state.
- Massachusetts predicts net savings for Medicaid expansion Updated: Jul-19-15 10:19 am
BOSTON - Many states that opted to expand Medicaid under the federal Affordable Care Act have seen enrollments surge well beyond projections, raising concerns that the added costs will strain their budgets when federal aid is scaled back starting in two years, an Associated Press analysis shows. But Massachusetts, a pioneer of health care reform, appears well situated going forward. Here's a look at what's happening in the state:
- An explanation of Medicaid and its expansion in some states Updated: Jul-19-15 9:40 am
Some answers to common questions about Medicaid and the program's expansion under the federal health care reform law:
- Taxpayer service hits new low at IRS as 'Obamacare' kicks in Updated: Jul-15-15 3:59 pm
WASHINGTON - Hello? Hello? Customer service at the IRS hit new lows this year, just as taxpayers were grappling with a wave of identity theft and new requirements under President Barack Obama's health law.
- New Hampshire moves ahead with updating insurance rules Updated: Jul-10-15 4:08 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Insurance Department is moving forward with changing its rules for health care provider networks, but some insurance companies aren't yet sold on a key part of the proposed approach.
- Big House vote to speed drug approvals, boost research Updated: Jul-10-15 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - For the second time this year, the House used overwhelming bipartisan unity Friday to approve health legislation, this time voting to bolster biomedical research and streamline how the government approves drugs and medical devices.
- Jobs cut at Get Covered Illinois before 3rd enrollment push Updated: Jul-09-15 5:24 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration has eliminated 15 staff positions from Get Covered Illinois, the state's health insurance exchange, three months ahead of the third annual enrollment period under President Barack Obama's health care law.
- New Hampshire health price website earns 'A' grade Updated: Jul-09-15 2:11 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Two nonprofit groups pushing for health care reform give New Hampshire top marks when it comes to transparency in health care prices.
- TV ads begin in Kentucky's race for governor Updated: Jul-08-15 5:46 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Republican Governor's Association swooped in to Kentucky governor's race Wednesday with a statewide TV ad intended to boost nominee Matt Bevin as he struggles to keep up with Democrat Jack Conway's fundraising.
- The Latest: Oregon Legislature adjourns 2015 session Updated: Jul-06-15 9:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Legislature is pressing to adjourn, perhaps as soon as Monday. Here's a look at the latest developments:
- Aetna to buy Humana as health insurer landscape shifts Updated: Jul-03-15 3:11 pm
Aetna aims to spend about $35 billion to buy rival Humana and become the latest health insurer bulking up on government business as the industry adjusts to the federal health care overhaul.
- Centene makes $6.3B bid for fellow insurer Health Net Updated: Jul-02-15 5:03 pm
Centene has jumped into the mix of managed-care companies scrambling to bulk up as the health care overhaul changes their business with a $6.3-billion bid for fellow insurer Health Net.
- $7.3B to be shared among NY health care networks to overhaul Updated: Jun-29-15 3:20 pm
ALBANY, New York - Some $7.3 billion will be divided among 25 networks of health care providers in New York state to use in overhauling the delivery of care and cutting unneeded hospital visits, according to state officials.