- In Gawker fight, Hogan may have billionaire in his corner Updated: May-26-16 3:05 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Is Hulk Hogan's courtroom cage match with Gawker being bankrolled by a high-tech billionaire with a grudge against the news-and-gossip site?
- 'Dear Evan Hansen' making the jump to Broadway Updated: May-25-16 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - "Dear Evan Hansen," a musical about growing up in the age of social media, will make the jump to Broadway this November.
- GLAAD responds to #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend Updated: May-25-16 12:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Captain America snags a kiss from Sharon Carter in the latest Marvel pic, "Captain America: Civil War," but many fans are wishing it was from someone else - specifically, a man.
- 6 road-trip apps to make the miles fly by Updated: May-25-16 12:36 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Hitting the road this summer? Forget Yelp and those hotel booking apps - they're useful, but boring. Instead, pack along these apps to liven things up along the way. You might even learn something.
- Lawyers fight $259K judgment in Lincoln libel, slander case Updated: May-25-16 12:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An attorney has asked the Nebraska Supreme Court to reverse a district judge's quarter-million-dollar judgment against the city of Lincoln for wrongly accusing a woman of theft on TV and online.
- Thais upset that 'fresh' orange juice is not what it seems Updated: May-25-16 11:45 am
BANGKOK - Thai health officials are conducting surprise inspections of fresh orange juice vendors around the country after photos posted on Facebook showed a backyard producer adulterating the juice in big plastic tubs.
- Instagram account for Iranian general briefly inaccessible Updated: May-25-16 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - An Instagram account associated with a powerful general who leads an elite unit of Iran's Revolutionary Guard briefly was inaccessible on the application.
- German far-right angry at soccer team's photos on candy bars Updated: May-25-16 9:03 am
BERLIN - Photos of Germany's national soccer team on a popular chocolate bar have prompted online outrage among Germany's far right because they include childhood pictures of some players of migrant origin.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- The Latest: Winner in Texas education runoff thanks rival Updated: May-24-16 11:31 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on a Texas education board race (all times local):
- Conservative Michigan lawmaker's wife reveals teen abortion Updated: May-24-16 7:19 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The wife of a conservative Michigan lawmaker says in a Facebook posting that she had an abortion while in high school and went public with it after someone approached her husband vowing to disclose the information.
- Teen pleads not guilty to threat against military personnel Updated: May-24-16 6:47 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A teenager accused earlier of trying to assist the Islamic State group has pleaded not guilty to accusations he tweeted out the names and addresses of military personnel with threats of violence.
- Coming soon to Twitter: More room to tweet Updated: May-24-16 5:55 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter is making some big changes, at least in the context of 140 characters or fewer.
- No scoops for you: Bills media policy has many restrictions Updated: May-24-16 5:36 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Don't expect to hear or read anything about dropped passes or interceptions that take place during Buffalo Bills practices.
- Unnamed 'Oxygen Thief' becomes self-published success Updated: May-24-16 8:29 am
NEW YORK - The fair-skinned man with the hoodie and dark ski cap sits on a bench outside McNally Jackson Books in downtown Manhattan, where neither patrons nor employees seem aware that he's the author of a work so in demand at the store that it's often out of stock.
- Detroit police show off dance moves in Running Man Challenge Updated: May-24-16 6:21 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Police Department is having a little fun as part of the Running Man Challenge dance-off.
- Facebook drops news outlet input in 'trending topics' review Updated: May-24-16 2:36 am
LOS ANGELES - Facebook says it is dropping its reliance on news outlets to help determine what gets posted as a "trending topic" on the giant social network, a move adopted after a backlash over a report saying it suppressed conservative views.
- Police smile at 'Cops Suck' tattoo across man's knuckles Updated: May-23-16 5:49 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A police officer in Maine is getting a laugh out of a man's tattoo that says, "Cops Suck."
- Madonna responds to critics of her Prince tribute Updated: May-23-16 5:05 pm
Madonna is dismissing critics of her tribute to Prince at the Billboard Music Awards with style.
- Former NBA player Etan Thomas says he was denied train seat Updated: May-23-16 1:46 pm
Former NBA player Etan Thomas has called out a woman he says denied him a seat next to her on a crowded train, only to offer it up to another passenger.
- The Latest: Austrian left-leaning candidate narrowly wins Updated: May-23-16 11:05 am
VIENNA - The Latest on Austria's presidential election (all times local):
- UFC star McGregor remains 'committed to the fight game' Updated: May-22-16 1:40 pm
Conor McGregor says his dispute with UFC became a "publicized civil war" once he refused to participate in a promotion for a fight and the wildly popular fighter took his unhappiness to social media.
- Appointment rescinded following Facebook slur Updated: May-21-16 3:02 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky man's appointment to a new state Boxing and Wrestling Commission has been rescinded after a Facebook slur was aimed at Kentucky's chief justice.
- Jussie Smollett of 'Empire' learns from prank tweet Updated: May-21-16 12:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - "Empire" co-star Jussie Smollett recently caused a social media storm after tweeting a cryptic message that implied he may be leaving the show.
- Springville man accused of making terror threat on Twitter Updated: May-21-16 12:49 pm
SPRINGVILLE, Utah - A Springville man is in jail after he allegedly posted messages prompting people to meet him at a school with a rifle.