- Yelp 4Q sales higher, loss worse than seen as CFO resigns Updated: Feb-08-16 2:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Restaurant reviews site Yelp Inc. posted a mixed bag of results Monday with higher revenue but lower profits than expected while saying its chief financial officer will step down.
- India Internet ruling blocks Facebook 'Free Basics' program Updated: Feb-08-16 2:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - India's government has essentially banned a Facebook program that sought to connect with low-income residents by offering free access to a limited version of the social network and other Internet services.
- Dubai ruler says Emirates to privatize government services Updated: Feb-08-16 12:50 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Dubai's ruler said Monday the United Arab Emirates will privatize some government services in the oil-rich country, as well as create a state minister position devoted to ensuring the happiness of its citizens.
- The Latest: Cruise ship to turn around, back to New Jersey Updated: Feb-08-16 12:41 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on a cruise ship that was damaged in bad weather in the Atlantic Ocean (all times local):
- Video shows student with cerebral palsy pushed down, kicked Updated: Feb-08-16 9:14 am
PENN HILLS, Pennsylvania - A school district in the Pittsburgh suburbs is investigating video on social media showing a student with cerebral palsy being pushed down and kicked.
- Tweet from Lynch indicates possible retirement Updated: Feb-08-16 1:01 am
SEATTLE - Marshawn Lynch was at the center of attention in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl on Sunday night.
- The Latest: Eli Manning outshone many ads on social media Updated: Feb-07-16 11:05 pm
NEW YORK - The latest developments in Super Bowl commercials before, during and after the Big Game:
- Wife says singer and band leader Dan Hicks dies at age 74 Updated: Feb-07-16 1:45 am
MILL VALLEY, California - Dan Hicks, a musician whose work in the 1960s helped define San Francisco's psychedelic sound, has died. He was 74.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says timeline will stay in real time Updated: Feb-06-16 5:57 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said Saturday the social media website's stream of tweets will stay live and in real time, disputing a media report that a change was in the works.
- Midland police use social media to arrest indecency suspect Updated: Feb-06-16 1:37 pm
MIDLAND, Texas - A social media posting by West Texas police has led to an arrest in an indecent exposure case after the alleged victim took photos of the fleeing suspect.
- Firebrand monks a powerful force in Myanmar despite setback Updated: Feb-06-16 12:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dark-skinned and bearded men jump a young woman after she prays at a Buddhist shrine. They push her to the ground and rape her. Then they cut off her ear and slit her throat.
- Teen raises voice in Baltimore's Black Lives Matter movement Updated: Feb-06-16 9:01 am
BALTIMORE - Makayla Gilliam-Price is a 17-year-old high school senior applying to colleges. She's also an activist bent on dismantling racism, on making Baltimore a place where black kids have an equal shot at safety, at an education, at the future.
- Twitter moves to actively seek out terrorist supporters Updated: Feb-05-16 7:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Twitter is now using spam-fighting technology to seek out accounts that might be promoting terrorist activity and is examining other accounts related to those flagged for possible removal, the company announced Friday.
- LinkedIn shares plunge almost 44 percent Updated: Feb-05-16 6:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Investors gave LinkedIn a poor job review Friday in the form of a dramatic sell-off that wiped out nearly $11 billion in the professional networking site's market value.
- Life in prison for man who shot wife, put photo on Facebook Updated: Feb-05-16 4:43 pm
MIAMI - A Florida man was sentenced to life in prison Friday for fatally shooting his wife eight times during an argument, a slaying that gained international notoriety after he posted a photo of her bloody body on Facebook.
- Amusement park will rehire special needs worker after outcry Updated: Feb-05-16 4:43 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania amusement park has offered to rehire a special needs employee after his co-worker took to social media to lambaste the company for firing him.
- Browner's social media posts forecast departure from Saints Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints cornerback Brandon Browner has posted messages on social media saying farewell to New Orleans and alluding to the "next chapter" in his NFL career.
- Police: Facebook helped track down snake thief Updated: Feb-05-16 8:28 am
FESTUS, Missouri - A St. Louis-area man is accused of stealing a Brazilian rainbow boa constrictor from a pet store, then losing it inside a Lowe's home improvement store.
- Woman charged in teen's death says she, too, was bullied Updated: Feb-05-16 4:20 am
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Natalie Keepers told a judge that she was bullied - just like the 13-year-old girl she is accused of plotting to kill.
- Teacher charged with using app to arrange sex with teen Updated: Feb-05-16 4:11 am
TROY, Illinois - A high school math teacher faces felony charges after police in southern Illinois say he used an anonymous social media app to arrange a sexual encounter with an eighth-grader.
- 1-word program unifies northern Utah high school Updated: Feb-05-16 2:05 am
PROVO, Utah - Lone Peak High School in Highland recently launched a program to motivate and unify its student body. Using the hashtag, #lonepeakoneword, LPHS students, staff and faculty posted their one word to Instagram for the last two weeks in January.
- Prosecutor: Girl texted with college man before stabbing Updated: Feb-04-16 7:30 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Two Virginia Tech students carefully planned the kidnapping and killing of a 13-year-old girl, arranging a pre-dawn rendezvous online after buying cleaning supplies and a shovel at separate Wal-Mart stores, a prosecutor alleged Thursday.
- LinkedIn shares tumble on weak forecast for 2016 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - LinkedIn shares plunged as much as 28 percent in after-hours trading Thursday after the company reported better-than-expected results for the fourth quarter but provided a weak forecast for 2016.
- Suspect caught in DC after accessing Twitter during break-in Updated: Feb-04-16 6:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington police have tracked down a man suspected of burglarizing businesses across the city after he logged into Twitter from one of his crime scenes.
- Booneville substitute teacher faces child pornography charge Updated: Feb-04-16 2:54 pm
BOONEVILLE, Arkansas - A Booneville woman faces a felony charge of computer child pornography after being accused of exchanging nude photos with a minor through social media app Snapchat.