- Legislature ends with Lt. Gov. Patrick denying 2018 plans Updated: Jun-01-15 6:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The first legislative session under Republican Gov. Greg Abbott ended Monday with conservatives claiming victory on tax cuts, a big boost in border security spending and looser gun laws in a state already known as among America's most firearms friendly.
- 10 Things to Know about the Texas legislative session Updated: Jun-01-15 2:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's first biennial legislative session is over. If you didn't follow along the last 140 days, this is what you missed:
- Senate OKs border security bill, top priority for governor Updated: May-27-15 1:47 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Senate has passed a $300 million border security bill - one of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's priorities and part of a sweeping, $800 million border package.
- What to watch: Crunch time calm; texting while driving bill Updated: May-24-15 9:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The closing days of Texas' legislative session usually mean political chaos, with some lawmakers scrambling to finalize pet proposed legislation and others working just as hard to block bills they despise.
- Things to know about the next Texas budget Updated: May-22-15 5:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The first state budget under Republican Gov. Greg Abbott spends lavishly on border security, defunds one of Rick Perry's signature initiatives and includes the biggest tax cuts in a decade.
- Tax cut deal struck with end of Texas Legislature in sight Updated: May-22-15 2:33 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A newly struck budget deal is giving new Republican Gov. Greg Abbott the tax cuts he demanded but remains blemished by skepticism that Texas homeowners will notice any savings.
- US agents kill suspected smuggler off British Virgin Islands Updated: May-18-15 5:10 pm
TORTOLA, British Virgin Islands - A suspected drug smuggler was shot and killed by U.S. agents during a chase off the British Virgin Islands, officials said Monday.
- Woman accused of biting officer at San Diego border crossing Updated: May-06-15 8:40 am
SAN DIEGO - Federal officials say a woman was arrested on suspicion of biting a Customs and Border Protection officer who stopped her as she tried to enter the U.S. by walking through the vehicle lanes at a San Diego border crossing.