- Northern New York border crossing undergoing reconstruction Updated: May-05-16 12:29 am
ROUSES POINT, New York - Travelers who use a border crossing in northern New York are being advised to choose an alternate crossing point as a construction project gets underway.
- Russia to boost troops levels along borders to counter NATO Updated: May-04-16 7:31 am
MOSCOW - Russia says it will form new military divisions to be stationed along the country's borders with Europe to counter a planned NATO buildup.
- Woman accused of smuggling heroin at border arrested Updated: Apr-30-16 6:11 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Border Patrol agents say a woman was arrested at a Tucson area checkpoint after nearly 7 pounds of heroin was found on her body.
- Border inspectors seize 7 tons of marijuana in San Diego Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
SAN DIEGO - U.S. authorities say they seized more than seven tons of marijuana inside a truck at a San Diego border crossing.
- 6 Cubans acclimate to US after 11 days at sea Updated: Apr-26-16 6:58 pm
MIAMI - Six Cuban migrants were acclimating to their first full day on American soil Tuesday after their boat came ashore on the Miami area's popular South Beach.
- 3rd largest pot seizure at Arizona ports Updated: Apr-23-16 5:16 pm
NOGALES, Arizona - Customs and Border Protection officers in Nogales seized the third biggest shipment of marijuana at any Arizona port of entry after spotting the drug in a tractor-trailer carrying watermelons.
- AP Exclusive: Color index for US border security is rejected Updated: Apr-22-16 11:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - Five years ago, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security dropped its color-coded terror threat index developed after the 9/11 attacks amid widespread confusion and ridicule. So what did it do when tasked by Secretary Jeh Johnson in 2014 with measuring security along the country's borders?
- The Latest: Sen. Ron Johnson criticizes border-index effort Updated: Apr-22-16 6:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Latest on Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson's rejection of a color-coded system to measure border security. All times local:
- Belize says Guatemala "amassing" troops in border areas Updated: Apr-22-16 3:53 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - The tiny Central American country of Belize has accused larger neighbor Guatemala of "amassing" troops along the two countries' border following the death of a 13-year-old boy in a shooting incident apparently involving Belizean soldiers.
- Feds says smugglers endanger migrants hiding in car trunks Updated: Apr-22-16 6:11 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Federal authorities in southern Arizona say smugglers continue to endanger immigrants entering the country illegally by transporting them inside the locked trunks of vehicles.
- Over 200 pounds of pot seized after agent fired shots Updated: Apr-20-16 6:56 pm
PHOENIX - An 18-year-old suspected drug smuggler wasn't injured when a U.S. Border Patrol agent fired two shots at him during an encounter Tuesday in the southern Arizona desert.
- Border Patrol agents in Texas find ton of marijuana in truck Updated: Apr-20-16 11:13 am
FALFURRIAS, Texas - Border Patrol agents in South Texas have found more than a ton of marijuana hidden in boxes inside the trailer of an 18-wheeler.
- Airport customs officials find 14 pounds of cocaine in bags Updated: Apr-19-16 6:50 pm
ATLANTA - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials say a woman was arrested at Atlanta's airport with more than 14 pounds of cocaine concealed in purses, jackets and llama skins.
- US customs prepares for more international flights in Keys Updated: Apr-18-16 10:40 am
MARATHON, Florida - A new customs checkpoint is opening at Florida Keys airport in preparation for more traffic involving the island chain and Cuba and other international destinations.
- Sen. Johnson emphasizes border control in heroin hearing Updated: Apr-15-16 7:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - With heroin use and opioid-related deaths on the rise in Wisconsin, Republican Sen. Ron Johnson is focusing on cutting off the flow of drugs through the Mexico border.
- 8 Cuban migrants, 1 Pekingese dog found near Puerto Rico Updated: Apr-14-16 11:54 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Federal authorities in Puerto Rico have detained eight Cuban migrants and a small Pekingese dog found on an uninhabited island near the U.S. territory.
- Federal judge blocks Texas immigrant-harboring law Updated: Apr-14-16 6:54 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A federal judge has blocked a portion of Texas' sweeping border security law that had criminalized harboring people in the country illegally.
- Senators call for action to increase security along border Updated: Apr-14-16 2:15 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's U.S. senators are calling for more personnel and equipment to help the Border Patrol secure the U.S.-Mexico border along the state's southwestern corner.
- Border officers in El Paso find $1.6M in meth in tires Updated: Apr-12-16 12:34 pm
EL PASO, Texas - Federal officers in West Texas have seized more than $1.6 million worth of methamphetamine hidden in the rear tires of an SUV entering from Mexico.
- 2 remote Border Patrol sectors report high use of force Updated: Apr-07-16 6:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Border Patrol agents in two of the most remote and least busy sectors along the Mexican border reported using some types of force more often than many of their colleagues in more urban areas, according to statistics released Thursday by the Homeland Security Department.
- Advocates in 2 states act to improve treatment of immigrants Updated: Apr-06-16 6:52 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Advocates took action on two fronts Wednesday to push for better treatment of immigrants in federal custody, claiming they are having their belongings taken by U.S. agents and are languishing behind bars because of unfair bond conditions set by judges and others.
- Murder conviction reversed for former border patrol officer Updated: Apr-06-16 11:29 am
HOUSTON - A former Customs and Border Protection officer in South Texas has won an appeal that overturns his murder conviction and 25-year prison sentence for the fatal shooting of a bar owner.