- The Latest: Norway investigating migrant child abuse cases Updated: Feb-09-16 12:43 pm
GENEVA - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- Hundreds of pounds of meth found in trailer carrying peppers Updated: Feb-09-16 8:50 am
NOGALES, Arizona - Customs and Border Protection reports that officers at a Nogales crossing found hundreds of packages containing nearly 400 pounds of methamphetamine hidden inside a tractor-trailer rig carrying bell peppers.
- $10M government drone for being flight tested in San Angelo Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 pm
SAN ANGELO, Texas - A West Texas commercial airport is being used to test a $10 million government drone meant for border security.
- Cruz: border security needed to stop addiction 'epidemic' Updated: Feb-04-16 4:08 pm
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - Republican Ted Cruz shared the deeply personal story of his sister's overdose death as he campaigned across New Hampshire on Thursday, describing "an epidemic" of addiction that has destroyed lives in his family and across the nation.
- New Mexico senators push for expanded hours at border port Updated: Feb-04-16 5:05 am
SANTA TERESA, New Mexico - New Mexico's two U.S. senators are urging federal officials to expand the hours of operation at the Santa Teresa Port of Entry.
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- Bipartisan probe faults gov't with migrant child abuse Updated: Jan-28-16 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Migrant children in the government's care fell prey to human trafficking after the Health and Human Services Department failed to protect them, according to a bipartisan congressional investigation released Thursday.
- US custom agents in Chicago seize counterfeit hoverboards Updated: Jan-27-16 9:54 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. customs agents in Chicago have seized 43,000 hoverboards they have deemed counterfeit.
- Drug abuse bill raises hopes for election-year achievement Updated: Jan-27-16 6:46 pm
WASHINGTON - In a testy election year likely to see scant collaboration between Republicans and Democrats, there's a glint of hope in Congress for a bipartisan bill aimed at fighting heroin and opioid addiction - a deadly, growing problem that afflicts states both red and blue.
- El Paso leaders approve plans for Pope visit to border Updated: Jan-26-16 8:26 pm
EL PASO, Texas - Declaring it an "unparalleled high profile event," the El Paso City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved a set of plans for Pope Francis' visit to neighboring Ciudad JuÃ¡rez.
- Clock ticks down on EU passport free travel dream Updated: Jan-26-16 1:48 pm
BRUSSELS - Passport-free travel and hassle-free business in Europe has never been in more danger.
- Immigration is high-priority issue for New Hampshire voters Updated: Jan-26-16 7:45 am
BROOKLINE, New Hampshire - People in New Hampshire live nearly 2,400 miles from El Paso, Texas, one of the busiest crossings on America's Southern border. And it's only home to about 10,000 people living illegally in the U.S. - a far cry from states like California, Texas or Florida.
- Lawyers challenge Texas law on harboring immigrants Updated: Jan-25-16 7:51 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Immigrant rights attorneys filed a federal lawsuit Monday challenging part of a Texas border security bill they say could allow state authorities to target shelters and landlords for harboring immigrants who are in the country illegally.
- Officers in Texas seize $763K of marijuana in shingles load Updated: Jan-22-16 2:44 pm
EL PASO, Texas - Federal officers in West Texas have confiscated nearly a half ton of marijuana being smuggled in a load of roofing shingles from Mexico.
- Border officials in Texas, New Mexico, prep for pope visit Updated: Jan-21-16 3:20 pm
EL PASO, Texas - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials in Texas and New Mexico are preparing for more visitors heading to Mexico when Pope Francis visits next month.
- Man wanted for child sex crimes arrested in Detroit Updated: Jan-21-16 6:22 am
DETROIT - A 33-year-old man wanted for child sex crimes in Michigan and Wisconsin has been arrested while trying to enter Canada.
- Agents seize phony hoverboards at Minnesota-Canada border Updated: Jan-20-16 12:24 pm
INTERNATIONAL FALLS, Minnesota - U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents earlier this month seized nearly $650,000 in counterfeit merchandise coming into Minnesota from Canada, including hundreds of hoverboards.
- Officials seize about 300 counterfeit hoverboards in Miami Updated: Jan-19-16 8:11 am
MIAMI - Federal officials say hundreds of counterfeit hoverboards have been seized in Miami.
- Merkel's migrant troubles flare but chancellor stands firm Updated: Jan-17-16 5:19 am
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel's migrant troubles have reignited in the new year but the German leader is sticking to her guns, insisting her country will manage the challenge and that diplomacy can bring solutions.
- Police: Woman had 50 pounds of pot in foosball table Updated: Jan-15-16 8:49 am
LEWISTON, New York - Authorities say a Canadian woman has been caught trying to smuggle more than 50 pounds of marijuana into western New York by hiding it in a foosball table.
- Documents outline details of Ducey's border strike force Updated: Jan-14-16 7:50 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey's new border strike force will be phased in over several years and start with state troopers dedicated to catching smugglers before adding an investigations team and then a crew dedicated to operating in remote areas, according to a written plan obtained by The Associated Press.
- Once accommodating neighbors now turn back Syrian refugees Updated: Jan-13-16 1:53 am
BEIRUT - After taking in a million Syrian refugees, Lebanon has quietly changed course in recent months, forcing refugees to return to Syria - where they are at risk of persecution or death - or stay illegally, leaving them vulnerable to exploitation and abuse.
- US border agents begin inspecting US-bound trucks in Mexico Updated: Jan-12-16 7:44 pm
TIJUANA, Mexico - U.S. authorities began working Tuesday on Mexican soil for the first time to inspect trucks bound from Tijuana to the United States as part of a new enforcement program intended to reduce congestion and speed cargo across one of the nation's busiest border crossings.
- Legislature flush with cash for 1st time since recession Updated: Jan-10-16 2:38 pm
PHOENIX - For the first time since the Great Recession, Arizona lawmakers head into a legislative session with cash in the bank - lots of it.