- Indiana GOP voters pick between differing styles for Senate Updated: May-03-16 2:55 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Republicans will choose a U.S. Senate nominee on Tuesday from two congressmen who rode a tea party wave to Washington in 2010 but now offer voters a stark style choice of either confrontation or pragmatism.
- 2 charged in AG's investigation of northern Idaho PAC Updated: May-03-16 12:55 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden has charged two Republicans involved in a highly-scrutinized political action committee for allegedly hiding the source of campaign contributions.
- The Latest: Trump says Indiana win means 'it's over' Updated: May-02-16 8:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the 2016 presidential race on the eve of Indiana's primary (all times EDT):
- Gov. Baker distances himself from GOP fundraising appeal Updated: May-02-16 8:45 pm
BOSTON - Republican Gov. Charlie Baker is distancing himself from a GOP fundraising appeal that offered groups access to him in exchange for political donations.
- Greg Gianforte dips into personal wealth in bid for governor Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - Republican Greg Gianforte gave his campaign a $200,000 infusion of cash, and thousands of dollars more in in-kind contributions confirming concerns among Democrats that the wealthy Bozeman businessman would be dipping into his personal fortune to help fund his run for Montana governor.
- Indiana GOP to choose confrontation or pragmatism for Senate Updated: May-02-16 6:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Republicans will choose a U.S. Senate nominee on Tuesday from two congressmen who rode the tea party wave to Washington in 2010 but now offer voters a stark style choice of confrontation or pragmatism.
- Campaign finance reform initiative submits 79,000 signatures Updated: May-02-16 3:25 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Supporters of a statewide effort seeking to amend Idaho's campaign finance laws have collected roughly 79,000 signatures with the hopes of getting their initiative on the November ballot.
- Trump has a 'plan B' for convention - outside help Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has a Plan B if he's faced with a contested convention, and it involves the sort of outside groups that he's called "corrupt."
- Pay to play: Unopposed candidates raise, spend big bucks Updated: May-01-16 11:13 am
BOISE, Idaho - For Idaho House Speaker Scott Bedke, fighting for his seat has been an uneventful battle.
- Senate candidate paid relative $170K for past campaign work Updated: Apr-30-16 12:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana Senate candidate who has railed against out-of-control government spending paid his brother-in-law nearly $170,000 to manage the finances of his congressional campaign. The relative worked as a car salesman and actor but had no experience rounding up political donations.
- Probe of NYC mayor casts harsh light on lax campaign laws Updated: Apr-30-16 12:22 pm
ALBANY, New York - A probe swirling around New York City's mayor has cast a harsh light on some of the nation's most lax campaign finance laws, with contribution limits so easy to get around that even government watchdogs acknowledge a ring of truth to the familiar excuse: Hey, everybody's doing it.
- Ex-Rendell aide pleading guilty in FBI campaign cash sting Updated: Apr-29-16 8:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A onetime chief of staff to ex-Gov. Ed Rendell agreed in a court document filed Friday to plead guilty to wire fraud for pocketing thousands of dollars in supposed campaign contributions from a fake company set up by the FBI to investigate public corruption in the state.
- West Virginia billionaire spends $2M for governor primary Updated: Apr-29-16 5:32 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - In his bid for governor, West Virginia billionaire businessman Jim Justice has spent more than $2 million before the May 10 Democratic primary.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.
- NYC mayor says corruption probe won't affect re-election bid Updated: Apr-29-16 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says a widening corruption probe won't have an impact on his decision to run for re-election.
- Fundraiser seeks to get children's books to Flint doctors Updated: Apr-29-16 1:55 am
FLINT, Michigan - A fundraising campaign is seeking to get kids' books to Flint doctors so that they're able to identify developmental issues.
- State fines ex-Snohomish County head for campaign violations Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Public Disclosure Commission has fined former Snohomish County Executive Aaron Reardon $4,200 for violating state campaign laws during his 2011 re-election campaign.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.
- Fundraiser for John McCain arrested in drug bust in Phoenix Updated: Apr-27-16 8:38 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix woman has been dropped as a political fundraiser for U.S. Sen. John McCain's re-election campaign after being arrested on suspicion of drug possession and other charges.
- Ohio bill would restore rare coins sales tax exemption Updated: Apr-26-16 11:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A legislative committee is continuing to consider a bill that would restore a sales tax exemption for residents purchasing rare coins and precious metal bullion.
- Carlson to headline fundraiser for Arkansas Republicans Updated: Apr-25-16 12:19 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Political writer and commentator Tucker Carlson is headlining a fundraiser for the Arkansas Republican Party next month.
- Md. congressional primary features largest self-funder ever Updated: Apr-24-16 5:34 pm
CHEVY CHASE, Maryland - A Maryland congressional primary contender has broken the record for what a self-funded House candidate has poured into a single campaign, as wine superstore owner David Trone has uncorked more than $12 million of his own amid a crowded Democratic field.
- Murkowski is money leader in Senate race; Stock raises $270K Updated: Apr-23-16 1:01 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski brought in more than $700,000 toward her re-election bid during the first quarter of the year, ending the period with nearly $3.4 million available.
- Party spurns US Senate candidate who almost won in 2010 Updated: Apr-23-16 12:57 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrat Joe Sestak came tantalizingly close to winning a seat in the U.S. Senate six years ago and is hoping Tuesday to secure a rematch, but the party establishment wants nothing to do with him, pouring millions into the campaign of his chief rival.
- Flores has money lead for April in competitive House primary Updated: Apr-22-16 7:30 pm
LAS VEGAS - Congressional candidate Lucy Flores has far outraised her Democratic primary opponents this month thanks to help from Bernie Sanders.