- Democrats' US Senate race heats up over natural gas industry Updated: Feb-13-16 11:08 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In Pennsylvania's U.S. Senate Democratic primary, where there are few differences over issues, jousting over natural gas drilling is providing an opening.
- Fast-food Workers plan demonstration outside GOP debate Updated: Feb-13-16 4:00 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - As the Republican presidential hopefuls gather to debate in Greenville, low-wage workers again plan to march to the debate site as part of their campaign for higher pay.
- AP FACT CHECK: Dems offer iffy stats on donors, health plan Updated: Feb-12-16 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Eager to share Bernie Sanders's claim to the grass roots, Hillary Clinton is having trouble owning up to the deep pockets helping her campaign. For his part, Sanders is struggling to make a convincing case that the numbers add up in his hugely expensive health plan.
- Top Republicans stay quiet on release of their tax returns Updated: Feb-12-16 1:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have failed to release their tax returns despite promises to do.
- Maryland lawmakers run afoul on online donation ban Updated: Feb-12-16 12:06 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Records show that several Maryland state lawmakers have solicited donations online during the current legislative session - a possible violation of a state ban on fundraising during that time.
- Sanders online fundraising gives Clinton a run for her money Updated: Feb-12-16 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bernie Sanders is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money, $27 at a time.
- House committee passes bill to privatize air traffic control Updated: Feb-11-16 10:35 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican-controlled House committee on Thursday endorsed a bill that would wrest responsibility for running the nation's air traffic control system from the government and turn it over to a private, nonprofit corporation run by airlines and other aviation interests.
- Pentagon chief predicting 'tangible gains' in Iraq, Syria Updated: Feb-11-16 1:26 pm
BRUSSELS - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter predicted on Thursday that recent U.S.-led efforts to accelerate the fight against the Islamic State group would produce "tangible gains" in Iraq and Syria by March, even as coalition partners pledged to expand and deepen their military contributions.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Wisconsin's Feingold avoiding Democratic presidential pick Updated: Feb-10-16 4:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders? The question is much more than a ballot choice for Democrat Russ Feingold, whose hopes of reclaiming the Senate seat he held for 18 years rests with Wisconsin voters heavily invested in the presidential nomination fight.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- Kalamazoo Civic Theatre raising $5.1M for improvements Updated: Feb-10-16 5:24 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The Kalamazoo Civic Theatre is working to raise $5.1 million for improvements including replacing roofs and carpeting as well as installing new lighting and sound equipment.
- New Mexico House approves ethics commission plan Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico has moved closer than ever to creating an independent ethics commission to keep watch over the conduct of public officials in the wake of a campaign finance scandal that led the resignation and jailing of former Secretary of State Dianna Duran.
- Ethics: Former House Speaker Harrell must pay $113,500 Updated: Feb-09-16 4:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A legislative panel ordered former South Carolina House Speaker Bobby Harrell on Tuesday to pay nearly $113,500 within six months.
- Kennebunk philanthropist Waterhouse dies at 95 Updated: Feb-09-16 3:32 pm
KENNEBUNK, Maine - Longtime Kennebunk philanthropist Geraldine Waterhouse has died at age 95.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:39 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- Union to pay $32,000 for campaign finance reporting errors Updated: Feb-08-16 6:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State officials say a union representing thousands of public educators will pay nearly $32,000 after an attorney general's office lawsuit over campaign finance reporting deficiencies.
- Report: Kloppenburg leads Donald in cash Updated: Feb-08-16 6:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - New campaign finance reports show state Supreme Court hopeful JoAnne Kloppenburg is outpacing rival Joe Donald in fundraising.
- Group launches ad blitz in Arkansas' chief justice race Updated: Feb-08-16 5:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Washington-based group launched television ads Monday portraying Arkansas Supreme Court Justice Courtney Goodson as beholden to trial lawyers and criticizing the chief justice hopeful over gifts and campaign contributions she's received.
- TV ads hit airwaves ahead of Wisconsin Supreme Court primary Updated: Feb-08-16 4:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Television ads are hitting the airwaves as Wisconsin's Supreme Court race heads into its final week before a primary whittles the three-candidate field down to two contenders.
- Travel fund for Kasich security tops $350K Updated: Feb-08-16 3:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The cost of Ohio Gov. John Kasich's security detail has skyrocketed since the Republican governor began running for president last year.
- House Finance Chairman fined for misreported contributions Updated: Feb-08-16 3:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Board of Elections has fined House Finance Chairman Raymond Gallison for misreporting $18,850 in campaign contributions.
- Sen. Warren raises more than $2.7M in campaign cash in 2015 Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren won't face re-election until 2018, but she's raising campaign cash at a strong clip.
- How Donald Trump, with pizazz and bluster, took on the NFL Updated: Feb-07-16 8:13 am
WASHINGTON - The New Jersey Generals are largely forgotten now - part of the long-defunct and once-upstart United States Football League.