- Clinton planning Boston fundraiser with rocker Jon Bon Jovi Updated: May-30-16 2:16 pm
BOSTON - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is planning a fundraiser in Boston with rocker Jon Bon Jovi.
- New Mexico shows deeply divided Democratic loyalties Updated: May-30-16 11:19 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Tapping free WiFi at public libraries and cafes and hawking T-shirts and bumper stickers out of a Santa Fe hemp clothing store, autonomous cells of Bernie Sanders volunteers in New Mexico have been feverishly fundraising and speed-dialing voters for months.
- Smith, Holbrook battle for GOP nod in Maine's 1st District Updated: May-30-16 8:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Navy veteran Ande Smith and psychologist Mark Holbrook believe they have what it takes to beat four-term Democratic Rep. Chellie Pingree. But first the Republicans have to battle each other.
- Ethics a thorn as Rhode Island lawmakers wrap up session Updated: May-29-16 12:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - As the Rhode Island General Assembly winds down for the year and lawmakers prepare to launch their re-election campaigns, Democratic leaders are dropping hot-button social issues as they search for a resolution to the ethical quandaries that have overshadowed the State House in recent weeks.
- In governor's race, dash for cash is on - but hard to track Updated: May-29-16 11:26 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The dash for campaign cash in the New Hampshire governor's race is at its peak as an early June filing deadline looms, bringing with it dramatic reductions in how much money candidates can raise from individuals and political committees.
- Auto title lender gives $237K to loan ballot question groups Updated: May-27-16 5:45 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Georgia car title lender has contributed nearly $240,000 in additional funds to two South Dakota political organizations waging campaigns over a pair of short-term lending ballot measures, according to campaign finance records released Friday.
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina governor Updated: May-27-16 3:03 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - It was a stunning rebuke - even by Donald Trump's standards - aimed at the nation's only Latina governor at a political rally in her home state of New Mexico.
- Edwards names 3 to LSU Board of Supervisors Updated: May-27-16 9:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards has named two new faces to the LSU Board of Supervisors who will replace members appointed by former Gov. Bobby Jindal and reappointed another.
- After focus on social issues, Pence facing tough re-election Updated: May-26-16 9:38 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence smiled for the TV cameras this month as a technology company announced plans to hire hundreds of new workers and add its name to the tallest tower in the Indianapolis skyline. Then the celebratory news conference took an awkward turn.
- Arkansas Democrats dropping Jefferson, Jackson from dinner Updated: May-26-16 4:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Democratic Party on Thursday said it's dropping Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson's names from its annual fundraising dinner, joining a growing number of state parties distancing themselves from the slave-owning presidents.
- Paul Allen gives $500,000 toward Seattle station's new home Updated: May-26-16 3:21 pm
SEATTLE - Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has donated $500,000 toward Seattle public radio station KEXP to help it pay for its new home at Seattle Center. The money pushes the station's fundraising campaign beyond its goal. KEXP moved into its new home this spring, before it was finished with its fundraising campaign.
- Judge reinstates contribution limits on political parties Updated: May-26-16 2:31 pm
HELENA, Montana - A judge reinstated voter-approved limits on the amount of cash Montana political parties can give to candidates on Thursday, nine days after he struck down those limits as unconstitutionally low and less than two weeks before Montana's primary elections.
- Bernie Sanders sends fundraising plea for Feingold Updated: May-26-16 10:30 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Bernie Sanders has asked his backers to support Democrat Russ Feingold's Senate bid in Wisconsin.,
- Sanders asks supporters to help Feingold in Senate bid Updated: May-26-16 9:57 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is asking his donors to support Russ Feingold's U.S. Senate bid.
- Remains of homeless woman buried next to mom in Port Huron Updated: May-26-16 9:27 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - The cremated remains of a 79-year-old homeless woman killed in a hit-and-run in September have been buried beside her mother in Port Huron following a months-long effort to identify her and pay for her burial.
- Reports disclose fund-raising for Nevada ballot measures Updated: May-25-16 9:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - New campaign finance reports reveal fundraising for proposed November ballot measures. Here are some takeaways:
- Former Texas Gov. Perry heading to West Virginia for events Updated: May-25-16 3:33 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry will headline a Charleston fundraiser for Senate President Bill Cole's Republican bid for West Virginia governor.
- Virginia governor: Feds have found no wrongdoing Updated: May-25-16 1:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The federal investigation into Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has focused on his business dealings before he took office and has found no evidence of wrongdoing, the governor's attorney said Wednesday.
- The Latest: McAuliffe attorney: Probe should be closed Updated: May-25-16 1:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on a federal investigation into Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's campaign contributions (all times local):
- Grand Rapids music center starts public phase of fundraising Updated: May-24-16 2:39 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A music center in Grand Rapids has started the public phase of a $5.5 million fundraising campaign that seeks to raise money for renovations and an endowment.
- Group of US military vets speak out against Trump Updated: May-23-16 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - A group of angry U.S. military veterans lined up in front of Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue to say that Donald Trump would make a "reckless and dangerous commander in chief."
- Wages, jobs lead governor's race as campaign reports filed Updated: May-23-16 7:09 pm
HELENA, Montana - Money, wages and jobs dominated Montana's gubernatorial race on Monday, as Gov. Steve Bullock and Republican Greg Gianforte filed their latest campaign finance reports and as both continued to make high-paying jobs a central issue of the campaign.
- Walker owes nearly $900,000 from presidential campaign Updated: May-23-16 6:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is gradually paying off hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from his failed presidential bid primarily by renting out his email and donor lists to other candidates.
- Lawyers contribute to congressional campaign of judge's son Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Illinois U.S. House 12th District candidate C.J. Baricevic has gotten most of his campaign funding from attorneys who work in the Belleville-based court system headed by his father, according to a newspaper's recent analysis.
- Sanders backing brings big dollars to DNC chair's challenger Updated: May-23-16 3:30 pm
MIAMI - The primary opponent challenging Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz says he raised more than $250,000 over the weekend after Bernie Sanders penned a fundraising letter endorsing his campaign.