- Nashville student turns mom's death into passion to lead Updated: Jul-04-15 12:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - When Treasure West was eight years old, her mother died of a drug overdose. At the same time, her father was in jail.
- Longtime on-campus family housing unit at Kansas closes Updated: Jul-03-15 2:37 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Family housing on the University of Kansas campus came to an end after the last residents moved out of a longtime apartment complex.
- Writer's personal story stranger than fiction Updated: Jun-26-15 2:53 pm
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - As a girl growing up in Voronezh, Russia, Lena Mikado loved the Southern classic novel, "Gone with the Wind." Of course, she was reading it in her native language - Russian.
- Student exchange reveals differences in US, French education Updated: Jun-24-15 9:13 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - In French high schools, students can leave campus throughout the day, cafeteria food is strikingly fresh and there's no such thing as a substitute teacher.
- Ige's Japan trip highlights important tourism relationship Updated: Jun-22-15 5:17 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii Gov. David Ige says Japan is Hawaii's most important source of foreign tourists, and his recent trip there was intended to solidify that relationship.
- WSU Tri-Cities partners with Swiss university Updated: Jun-22-15 6:17 am
RICHLAND, Washington - Washington State University Tri-Cities will begin sending students to study in the largest city in Switzerland in fall 2016.
- Va. students find flooding fix for Mountain Run, park Updated: Jun-20-15 12:16 pm
CULPEPER, Virginia - When four Eastern View High School students learned about the recurring flooding of Mountain Run throughout Yowell Meadow Park at the intersection of Sperryville Pike and Blue Ridge Avenue, ideas to fix the problem began to flow.
- Irish students killed on balcony were with cultural program Updated: Jun-16-15 7:36 pm
. - Five of the Irish college students who died when a fifth-floor balcony collapsed were part of a popular cultural exchange program allowing foreign students to work and travel in the United States.
- EXCHANGE: Students create a monarchs ' filling station' Updated: Jun-16-15 5:05 am
NAUVOO, Illinois - Sts. Peter and Paul fifth-grader Kamryn Burling admitted something she'd never repeat in the classroom.
- UM campus welcomes foreign students Updated: Jun-14-15 1:01 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - In the last school year, the University of Montana had more than 830 international students enrolled.
- Elementary school program celebrating inner 'gorgeousness' Updated: Jun-14-15 9:44 am
STRASBURG, Virginia - At Sandy Hook Elementary School earlier this month, photographs of two fifth graders were spotlighted under a white sign with capital red letters:
- Bounce it out: Students on exercise balls concentrate more Updated: Jun-13-15 9:16 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Brady Stafford sits quietly, his feet flat on the floor with pencil in hand, as he pours over the math problems before him trying to solve for the mean, median and mode.
- Police say man who died in reservoir was exchange student Updated: Jun-09-15 11:13 am
ANTIMONY, Utah - Authorities say the 19-year-old man who died in an apparent drowning at Otter Creek State Park was an exchange student from the Philippines.
- Suspect in cold case killing of Swedish student died in 1988 Updated: Jun-08-15 12:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A convicted felon who was a suspect in the kidnapping and killing of a Swedish exchange student who disappeared in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1982 has long been dead, authorities say.
- Elementary school students try to tackle world problems Updated: Jun-08-15 9:14 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - It was hard to hear Sasha Davis, sixth-grade teacher at Clear Creek Elementary School, speak over the sound of students. The sixth-graders were talking about such issues as saving people from Ebola, purifying water in Iran and bringing education to girls in sub-Saharan Africa.
- EXCHANGE: Student fights back from stroke suffered at age 18 Updated: Jun-08-15 4:12 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Mike Trujillo had to relearn everything at age 18.
- Court revives lawsuit from Portland nightclub mass shooting Updated: Jun-04-15 3:59 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Court of Appeals has revived a lawsuit filed by the family of a Peruvian teenager killed in a mass shooting outside a downtown Portland nightclub.