- Missouri House proposes expanding A+ Scholarship for college Updated: May-02-16 8:39 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri students in private schools would be eligible for the state's A+ Scholarship under a bill advancing in the Legislature.
- North Carolina pair survive 5 days in New Zealand wilderness Updated: May-02-16 5:11 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - An American exchange student and her mother were rescued over the weekend in the New Zealand wilderness, where they were lost for five days after setting off on a day hike. A helicopter pilot spotted the large "help" signs they had made from fern fronds.
- "Eli the Tuba Guy" hopes to inspire students Updated: Apr-28-16 5:00 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Eli Arnold just can't resist. As he's leaving a meeting at Fort Wayne's Mynett Music store carrying a silver tuba that stands nearly as tall as he does, he turns around and plays a comic riff.
- 8 get full ride to Albion College in exchange for service Updated: Apr-27-16 9:59 pm
ALBION, Michigan - Albion College has offered full tuition, food and lodging to eight students in exchange for their commitment to service projects that will help the community.
- Instructor, 2 international students survive plane crash Updated: Apr-27-16 9:27 am
POMPANO BEACH, Florida - Authorities have identified the people injured when a small plane crashed as a South Florida flight instructor and his two international students.
- New Tech Trade Show all business for students Updated: Apr-25-16 5:05 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - When Michael Foster gets done with your old sneakers, they look like new. Those Air Jordans and Nikes you paid 140 bucks for? They'll look like they're right out of the box.
- Student passionate about helping others, improving himself Updated: Apr-23-16 9:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Seventeen-year-old Kevin Davila an International Baccalaureate senior at Annapolis High, shakes his head when asked about the tall wall Donald Trump claims will be erected between the United States and Mexico to keep out immigrants if he's elected president.
- Disability doesn't stop Snow Hill's Lexi Harrison Updated: Apr-23-16 9:01 am
SNOW HILL, Maryland - As the Snow Hill Middle School talent show was approaching, Lexi Harrison, then in fifth grade, told organizers she would play a tune on the violin.
- EXCHANGE: Students skip bus, drive tractors to school Updated: Apr-18-16 11:59 am
ROANOKE, Illinois - Alex Pfister learned to drive a tractor at a young age.
- Penn State-Beaver 'zombie apocalypse' Updated: Apr-13-16 10:59 am
MONACA, Pennsylvania - A zombie apocalypse descended on Penn State-Beaver's student union Friday, challenging students to evade the onslaught as they bargained and problem-solved their way through a series of four escape rooms.
- Nashville hatchet attack suspect not mentally competent Updated: Apr-12-16 12:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Indiana - A man accused of a hatchet attack against a high school exchange student from China has been found not mentally competent to stand trial for attempted murder.
- Another lawsuit filed against Seattle's Ride the Ducks Updated: Apr-06-16 4:22 pm
SEATTLE - Another lawsuit has been filed against Seattle's Ride the Ducks tour company concerning the deadly crash last September.
- EXCHANGE: Students paying attention in alternative seats Updated: Apr-06-16 5:01 am
MORRISON, Illinois - Northside Elementary School second-grader Maya Decker bounced gleefully on an exercise ball. P.E.? Negative. This is how Chelsea Stuart's students roll. And sit, bounce, recline and lie down.