- US construction spending up 0.7 percent in August Updated: Oct-01-15 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - Spending on U.S. construction projects rose in August to the highest point in more than seven years, fueled by home building and government projects.
- US home prices rise steadily in July, lifted by higher sales Updated: Sep-29-15 9:43 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose at a solid pace in July, as would-be buyers competed for a diminished supply of available housing.
- US new-home sales surge 5.7 percent in August to 7-year high Updated: Sep-24-15 11:53 am
WASHINGTON - Buoyed by steady job gains and low mortgage rates, Americans purchased new homes in August at the fastest pace in more than seven years.
- US homebuilding slows in August after hot streak Updated: Sep-17-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - Builders broke ground on fewer houses and apartment complexes in August, a possible sign that the housing market may be levelling off after accelerating for much of the year.
- US homebuilder sentiment hits highest level since Oct. 2005 Updated: Sep-16-15 10:58 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling slightly more optimistic about the housing market, nudging their confidence this month to a level not seen since the high-flying days of the housing boom nearly 10 years ago.