- Best Buy offers weak profit view, says CFO stepping down Updated: May-24-16 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - Best Buy Co. on Tuesday offered a disappointing profit outlook for the current quarter, weighed in part by a recent earthquake in Japan that hurt the availability of some highly profitable products.
- Spartanburg voters to decide on Sunday alcohol retail sales Updated: May-24-16 7:20 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Spartanburg voters will get to decide in November whether to allow Sunday some alcohol sales in stores.
- In a dark quarter for retailers, Wal-Mart shines Updated: May-19-16 2:02 pm
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - Surprisingly strong sales at Wal-Mart and an optimistic outlook from the world's largest retailer lifted a pall that settled over much of the sector in the past two weeks.
- Grant County says "no" to pot; Klamath County heads same way Updated: May-18-16 1:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Voters in a conservative eastern Oregon county just said "no" on Tuesday to an effort to allow marijuana cultivation and sales.
- Officials call for Internet sales tax to save, raise money Updated: May-14-16 3:05 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming Department of Revenue officials say Internet sales tax could bring up to $46 million in revenue each year if it were collected.
- Toddler, granddad found after vanishing amid Craigslist buy Updated: May-13-16 7:31 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta police say they have found a toddler and his grandfather who were reported missing after they failed to return from a trip to complete a bunk bed purchase via the online sales site Craigslist.
- As online shopping intensifies, outlook dims for mall stores Updated: May-13-16 1:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Online shopping is reaching such a critical mass with American households that many of the icons of the traditional mall -from Macy's to The Gap and J.C. Penney - face an increasingly uncertain future.
- Rhode Island considers imposing taxes on online sales Updated: May-08-16 9:34 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers are considering another attempt to force online retailers to collect sales taxes and remit them to the state.
- Kate Spade posts 1Q profit, sees strong online sales Updated: May-04-16 8:08 am
NEW YORK - Kate Spade moved to a profit in its first quarter, helped by strong online sales and solid demand in North America.
- Illinois retail medical marijuana sales top $2M in April Updated: May-03-16 3:58 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois medical marijuana industry saw $2.2 million in retail sales during April, the largest one-month figure yet.
- Court takes up tax on out-of-state companies' online sales Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A likely appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court was on the minds of justices in Ohio on Tuesday as they contemplated how the state's primary business tax should apply to online sales.
- Can South Dakota tax online sales? State presses to find out Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota wants to collect state sales tax on purchases from Overstock.com and other Internet retailers. The state is pressing for the revenues with a lawsuit against several remote retailers that ultimately seeks to overturn a U.S. Supreme Court decision.