- German factory orders drop in July Updated: Sep-04-15 3:49 am
BERLIN - German factory orders dropped a larger than expected 1.4 percent in July compared to the previous month, dragged down by flagging foreign demand.
- US services firms expand rapidly, lifted by strong sales Updated: Sep-03-15 11:31 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. services companies expanded at a healthy pace in August, lifted by robust consumer spending resulting from steady job gains.
- US factory orders edge up 0.4 percent in July Updated: Sep-02-15 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories posted a modest gain in July, helped by the biggest rise in motor vehicles orders in a year and a solid gain in a category that tracks business investment plans.
- US auto market remains bright spot as China pulls back Updated: Sep-01-15 3:07 pm
DETROIT - As China's auto market recoils, the U.S. remains a bright spot as it rolls on toward its best performance in more than a decade.
- US factory output up in August at slowest pace since May '13 Updated: Sep-01-15 11:40 am
WASHINGTON - A strong dollar and China's economic slowdown dragged growth at U.S. factories to the lowest level since May 2013.
- China factory indexes ebb in new sign of economic weakness Updated: Sep-01-15 12:55 am
HONG KONG - Chinese manufacturing showed further signs of weakness in August, adding to evidence of an inexorable slowdown in the world's No. 2 economy despite recent government efforts to support growth.
- AP National News Calendar Updated: Aug-28-15 4:47 pm
Eds: Major scheduled events for the week of August 30 - September 5. Note that many events are subject to change at the last minute.
- Manufacturing in New York shrinks by most since 2009 Updated: Aug-17-15 9:20 am
WASHINGTON - Manufacturing activity in New York state contracted in August at the fastest pace since the Great Recession, pulled down by sharp declines in new orders and shipments.
- US factory output climbed in July, lifted by auto production Updated: Aug-14-15 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - Auto plants, clothing makers and plastics factories drove a sharp rebound in U.S. manufacturing in July.
- From bananas to phones: How cheaper yuan could reverberate Updated: Aug-14-15 6:55 am
HONG KONG - China's unexpected move this week to lower the value of its tightly-leashed currency, the yuan, sent shockwaves through global financial markets. The impact on consumers around the world and China's neighbors will take longer to play out but possible winners and losers are already emerging.