- German factory orders slip 0.2 percent in May Updated: Jul-06-15 2:55 am
BERLIN - German factory orders dipped in May as orders from other countries in the eurozone slipped back following a large gain the previous month.
- US factory orders fell 1 percent in May Updated: Jul-02-15 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories fell in May by the largest amount in three months, while a key category that signals business investment plans dropped for a second month.
- SUVs, muscle cars help auto industry maintain momentum Updated: Jul-01-15 5:31 pm
DETROIT - Americans again bought vehicles that sit up high and come loaded with features like backup cameras and smartphone capabilities in June. Horsepower was also in; gas-sipping not so much.
- US manufacturing growth improves in June; hiring jumps Updated: Jul-01-15 10:59 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing growth improved in June, helped by a jump in employment.
- Durable goods orders retreat again in May Updated: Jun-23-15 9:52 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories for long-lasting manufactured goods fell in May, pulled down by a sharp drop in demand for aircraft. But a category that reflects business investment rose last month, a hopeful sign for manufacturing.
- US factory output down in May, hurt by oil refining cuts Updated: Jun-15-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. factory output slipped in May, hurt by a decline in oil refining that overshadowed solid gains by automakers.
- Manufacturing in New York state shrinks in June Updated: Jun-15-15 10:15 am
WASHINGTON - Factory activity in New York state contracted in June, a sign that manufacturers are likely still held back by a strong dollar and cutbacks in investment by oil and gas drillers.