- A May to remember: US auto sales breeze past forecasts Updated: Jun-02-15 6:46 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto sales were stronger than expected in May, boosted by Memorial Day promotions and strong demand for new SUVs.
- US factory orders slump in April; 8th decline in 9 months Updated: Jun-02-15 11:45 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. factory orders tumbled in April, a sign that manufacturers are struggling amid a stronger dollar and cheaper oil.
- US manufacturing growth accelerates for 1st time in 6 months Updated: Jun-01-15 11:42 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing growth accelerated in May for the first time in six months, propelled by more new orders and an increase in hiring.
- Surveys show Chinese manufacturing remained weak in May Updated: Jun-01-15 12:08 am
HONG KONG - China's factory activity remained subdued last month with both export demand and employment contracting, according to an official survey Monday that adds pressure on Beijing for more economic stimulus.
- US industrial output falls for 5th month on lower drilling Updated: May-15-15 10:32 am
WASHINGTON - A plunge in energy-related drilling and sluggish manufacturing sent U.S. industrial output down for a fifth straight month in April.