- US consumer spending inches up in March Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumers boosted their spending by a tiny amount in March as purchases of nondurable goods such as clothing offset a big fall in spending on autos and other long-lasting items.
- US durable goods orders rebounds, but investment still weak Updated: Apr-26-16 9:02 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories for long-lasting manufactured goods rose in March, but a key category that tracks business investment plans was weak for a second month.
- US factory orders contracted in February Updated: Apr-04-16 10:21 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories fell in February for the third time in the past four months. Meanwhile, a key category that tracks business investment plans dropped by the largest amount in two months.
- Automakers report best US March sales in 16 years Updated: Apr-01-16 5:45 pm
DETROIT - Most major automakers reported U.S. sales gains last month as stronger employment figures and consumer confidence drove the auto industry to its best March in 16 years.
- US manufacturing grows in March, ending 5 months of declines Updated: Apr-01-16 10:42 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturers expanded in March, ending a five-month streak of declining factory activity.