- Tech companies take the lead as US stocks surge Updated: May-24-16 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks made their biggest gain since March on Tuesday as technology companies like Apple and Microsoft soared. Homebuilders also climbed after the government said sales of new homes reached an eight-year high last month. That was a sign the housing market and the broader economy are still in pretty good shape.
- Markets Right Now: Stocks move solidly higher on Wall Street Updated: May-24-16 4:09 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on developments in global financial markets (all times local):
- Wisconsin employers may see drop in unemployment taxes Updated: May-24-16 1:45 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin employers could see another drop in unemployment insurance taxes in 2017 due to an improved economy and employer-friendly changes in the system.
- How would Bayer-Monsanto affect workers, farmers, investors? Updated: May-23-16 5:31 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Bayer wants to buy Monsanto for $62 billion, hooking up the German chemical and drug company with the St. Louis-based producer of seeds and weed-killers.
- Eurozone economy displaying mixed signals Updated: May-23-16 11:34 am
LONDON - Mixed economic signals emerged Monday about the state of the eurozone economy.
- Colorado unemployment ticks up to 3.1 percent for April Updated: May-21-16 12:41 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment says unemployment ticked up to 3.1 percent for April in the state.
- Shumlin: 3.2 percent jobless rate 'continued good news' Updated: May-21-16 9:36 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin is calling a new announcement of a 3.2 percent unemployment rate for April "continued good news for Vermont."
- Unloved bull market: It's been a year since latest record Updated: May-21-16 3:40 am
NEW YORK - Saturday is the one-year anniversary of the stock market's record high. And no, you didn't miss the party, because no one seems to be in the mood to celebrate.
- Hawaii unemployment rate inches higher to 3.2 percent Updated: May-20-16 4:19 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii's unemployment rate inched higher to a seasonally adjusted 3.2 percent in April.
- New Mexico unemployment rate remains at 6.2 percent in April Updated: May-20-16 3:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's unemployment rate is holding steady.
- Montana's unemployment rate down slightly in April Updated: May-20-16 2:52 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate dipped by one-tenth of a percentage point to 4.2 percent in April.
- NC unemployment rate remains higher than national average Updated: May-20-16 1:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's unemployment remains stubbornly higher than the national average, clocking in at 5.4 percent in April.
- Idaho unemployment rate drops to 3.7 percent Updated: May-20-16 1:02 pm
BOISE, Idaho - State officials say Idaho's unemployment rate in April dropped a tenth of a percent to 3.7 percent.
- Alaska's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate hold steady Updated: May-20-16 12:06 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state Department of Labor says Alaska's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate held steady at 6.6 percent in April.
- More workers lift Louisiana jobless rate, payrolls up a bit Updated: May-20-16 12:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana's unemployment rate rose in April, as more people again entered the labor force than could find jobs.
- Texas unemployment for April up slightly to 4.4 percent Updated: May-20-16 11:55 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas unemployment rate rose slightly in April to 4.4 percent, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
- Utah unemployment rate at 3.7 percent Updated: May-20-16 11:52 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's unemployment rate rose slightly last month to 3.7 percent.
- Mississippi unemployment rate and payrolls both dip in April Updated: May-20-16 11:50 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's jobless rate fell to 6 percent in April as people exited the labor force.
- Maine unemployment held steady in April at 3.4 percent Updated: May-20-16 11:42 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's unemployment rate held steady at 3.4 percent last month.
- Nebraska's jobless rate unchanged at 3 percent for 4th month Updated: May-20-16 11:36 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's unemployment rate has remained 3 percent for four months in a row, according to a state report released Friday.
- Kentucky sees big unemployment drop in April Updated: May-20-16 11:34 am
WASHINGTON - Unemployment rates were significantly lower in five states in April, led by a big drop in Kentucky.
- Pennsylvania jobless rate sees biggest setback since 2009 Updated: May-20-16 10:23 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's unemployment rate shot up in April for the biggest one-month increase since 2009. Payrolls also showed the biggest one-month drop since 2009.
- Minnesota employers add 15,600 jobs in April in hiring surge Updated: May-19-16 5:32 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota employers added 15,600 jobs in April, the state's biggest one-month job gain since September of 2013.
- Unemployment drops slightly in Rhode Island Updated: May-19-16 2:33 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's unemployment rate dropped slightly in April to 5.3 percent.
- Illinois unemployment edges up again in April to 6.6 percent Updated: May-19-16 1:24 pm
CHICAGO - The unemployment rate across Illinois again creeped up in March even as the state added jobs.