- German Cabinet finalizing details on migrant integration Updated: May-25-16 9:45 am
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel's Cabinet on Wednesday approved a raft of new measures combining "opportunities and obligations" designed to help Germany deal with the influx of about 1.1 million asylum-seekers registered as entering the country last year, and help those who stay become "good neighbors and citizens."
- Military spouses struggle to find jobs Updated: May-25-16 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - Military spouses struggle to find jobs and are more likely to work for less pay or in positions below their education level, spurring unemployment and other costs of as much as $1 billion a year, according to a study.
- Wisconsin employers may see drop in unemployment taxes Updated: May-24-16 1:45 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin employers could see another drop in unemployment insurance taxes in 2017 due to an improved economy and employer-friendly changes in the system.
- Marianna, Waynesburg, struggle as coal mining fades Updated: May-23-16 10:23 am
MARIANNA, Pennsylvania - Follow Interstate 79 to the exit nine miles north of Waynesburg, and the signs give you a choice.
- As condos sales slow, Miami developers turn to rentals Updated: May-22-16 3:01 am
MIAMI - As Miami's condo market loses traction amid a softening world economy, developers are shifting gears.
- Colorado unemployment ticks up to 3.1 percent for April Updated: May-21-16 12:41 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment says unemployment ticked up to 3.1 percent for April in the state.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: May-21-16 11:54 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Shumlin: 3.2 percent jobless rate 'continued good news' Updated: May-21-16 9:36 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin is calling a new announcement of a 3.2 percent unemployment rate for April "continued good news for Vermont."
- Hawaii unemployment rate inches higher to 3.2 percent Updated: May-20-16 4:19 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii's unemployment rate inched higher to a seasonally adjusted 3.2 percent in April.
- New Mexico unemployment rate remains at 6.2 percent in April Updated: May-20-16 3:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's unemployment rate is holding steady.
- Montana's unemployment rate down slightly in April Updated: May-20-16 2:52 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate dipped by one-tenth of a percentage point to 4.2 percent in April.
- NC unemployment rate remains higher than national average Updated: May-20-16 1:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's unemployment remains stubbornly higher than the national average, clocking in at 5.4 percent in April.
- Idaho unemployment rate drops to 3.7 percent Updated: May-20-16 1:02 pm
BOISE, Idaho - State officials say Idaho's unemployment rate in April dropped a tenth of a percent to 3.7 percent.
- Alaska's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate hold steady Updated: May-20-16 12:06 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state Department of Labor says Alaska's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate held steady at 6.6 percent in April.
- More workers lift Louisiana jobless rate, payrolls up a bit Updated: May-20-16 12:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana's unemployment rate rose in April, as more people again entered the labor force than could find jobs.
- Texas unemployment for April up slightly to 4.4 percent Updated: May-20-16 11:55 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas unemployment rate rose slightly in April to 4.4 percent, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
- Utah unemployment rate at 3.7 percent Updated: May-20-16 11:52 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's unemployment rate rose slightly last month to 3.7 percent.
- Mississippi unemployment rate and payrolls both dip in April Updated: May-20-16 11:50 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's jobless rate fell to 6 percent in April as people exited the labor force.
- Maine unemployment held steady in April at 3.4 percent Updated: May-20-16 11:42 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's unemployment rate held steady at 3.4 percent last month.
- Nebraska's jobless rate unchanged at 3 percent for 4th month Updated: May-20-16 11:36 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's unemployment rate has remained 3 percent for four months in a row, according to a state report released Friday.
- Kentucky sees big unemployment drop in April Updated: May-20-16 11:34 am
WASHINGTON - Unemployment rates were significantly lower in five states in April, led by a big drop in Kentucky.
- Pennsylvania jobless rate sees biggest setback since 2009 Updated: May-20-16 10:23 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's unemployment rate shot up in April for the biggest one-month increase since 2009. Payrolls also showed the biggest one-month drop since 2009.
- Alabama jobless rate dips to 6.1 percent Updated: May-20-16 9:18 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's unemployment rate is down slightly to 6.1 percent.
- Scandal-hit VW agrees to 4.8 percent pay rise for workers Updated: May-20-16 8:05 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Automaker Volkswagen and Germany's industrial union have agreed to increase wages 4.8 percent by next year in an economy where the cost of living is flat - the kind of raises that could help the 19-country eurozone lift inflation from dangerously low levels.
- Minnesota employers add 15,600 jobs in April in hiring surge Updated: May-19-16 5:32 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota employers added 15,600 jobs in April, the state's biggest one-month job gain since September of 2013.