- Oregon program helps older unemployed adults find work Updated: Jul-03-15 3:00 pm
BEND, Oregon - Paula Farr thought finding a job in Bend would be easy when she moved from Phoenix almost five years ago.
- Idaho's personal income drops slightly in early 2015 Updated: Jul-03-15 12:13 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho labor officials say the state's growth in personal income slightly dipped during the first three months of this year.
- Job market's new normal: Smaller workforce, sluggish pay Updated: Jul-03-15 10:38 am
WASHINGTON - Even after another month of strong hiring in June and a sinking unemployment rate, the U.S. job market just isn't what it used to be.
- Obama draws sharp contrasts with 'mean' Republicans Updated: Jul-02-15 5:39 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Wading into presidential politics, President Barack Obama on Thursday promoted his brand of middle-class economics by drawing sharp contrasts with "mean" Republicans in a state whose GOP governor was preparing to enter the vast 2016 presidential field.
- Experts give their take on jobs, Fed and financial markets Updated: Jul-02-15 4:31 pm
NEW YORK - If investors hoped Thursday's U.S. jobs report would give them clarity, they were probably disappointed.
- The Latest: Whistleblower asks Obama to appoint VA watchdog Updated: Jul-02-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on President Barack Obama's visit to La Crosse, Wisconsin, on Thursday (all times local):
- US unemployment falls to 7-year low, but wages are flat Updated: Jul-02-15 2:43 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. unemployment fell to a seven-year low of 5.3 percent and employers hired at a solid pace in June, but other gauges of the job market drew a bleaker picture: A wave of people stopped looking for work, and paychecks failed to budge.
- US factory orders fell 1 percent in May Updated: Jul-02-15 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories fell in May by the largest amount in three months, while a key category that signals business investment plans dropped for a second month.
- What crisis? Stronger banks, economies ease fear over Greece Updated: Jul-02-15 3:13 am
The prospect of a Greek crackup isn't so terrifying anymore.
- Audit: Unemployment fund back in the black Updated: Jul-01-15 3:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new report says the state's unemployment benefits fund finished the 2013-14 fiscal year in the black for the first time in years.
- US manufacturing growth improves in June; hiring jumps Updated: Jul-01-15 10:59 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing growth improved in June, helped by a jump in employment.
- Survey: US businesses step up hiring in June to 237,000 Updated: Jul-01-15 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. businesses added jobs at a robust pace in June, a private survey found, evidence that rising consumer spending and a healthy housing market are supporting more hiring.
- China's manufacturing weak in June, more jobs cut Updated: Jul-01-15 12:17 am
BEIJING - China's manufacturing was weak in June and employers cut more jobs, two surveys showed Wednesday, in a new sign the world's second-largest economy is struggling to emerge from a slump.
- Obama's Wisconsin visit comes as Walker prepares campaign Updated: Jun-30-15 9:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - President Barack Obama is bringing his push to raise salaries for low-income workers to Wisconsin, where Gov. Scott Walker angered set off a firestorm and built his expected run for the White House around curtailing collective bargaining powers and enacting a right-to-work law.
- May unemployment rate in 4 New England states lower than US Updated: Jun-30-15 1:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The U.S. Department of Labor says the unemployment rate in New England last month was essentially unchanged at 4.9 percent.
- Boosting overtime: Obama calls for broader coverage Updated: Jun-30-15 12:38 pm
WASHINGTON - They're called managers, and they sometimes work grueling schedules at fast food chains and retail stores. But with no overtime eligibility, their pay may be lower per hour than many workers they supervise.
- Obama signs trade, worker assistance bills into law Updated: Jun-29-15 5:20 pm
WASHINGTON - In a rare bipartisan scene at the White House, President Barack Obama on Monday signed into law two hard-fought bills giving him greater authority to negotiate international trade deals and providing aid to workers whose jobs are displaced by such pacts.
- Incomes rise for bottom 99 pct.; US inequality still worsens Updated: Jun-29-15 3:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Solid job growth is finally boosting paychecks for the rest of us.
- New Mexico business boss 'optimistic' about boost in funding Updated: Jun-26-15 5:09 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Republican Gov. Susana Martinez and the Legislature decided this year to pour tens of millions of dollars more into wooing businesses and spurring job creation, an infusion that New Mexico's top economic development official said Friday will help make the state even more competitive.
- Jobs, economy and the budget drive RI legislative session Updated: Jun-26-15 4:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's legislative session began in January with a new governor and General Assembly leaders who were focused on creating jobs and reviving the economy.
- Survey: Consumer sentiment up to highest level since January Updated: Jun-26-15 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Consumer sentiment rose this month to the highest level since January, suggesting that spending will strengthen this year.
- Man sentenced for role in stealing $1.5M in jobless benefits Updated: Jun-26-15 1:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Newark man was sentenced Friday to 18 years in prison for his role in an unemployment fraud scheme that authorities said was one of the largest in state history.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jun-26-15 6:29 am
All times are Eastern
- May unemployment falls in every Illinois metro area Updated: Jun-25-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Department of Employment Security says unemployment rates dropped again during May in all 15 Illinois metro areas. Three of those areas have returned to pre-recession employment levels.
- Brazil's unemployment rates rises Updated: Jun-25-15 1:22 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil's government says unemployment continues rising in Latin America's largest country.