- ECB says stimulus is helping economy, pushing up inflation Updated: Jun-03-15 11:29 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - European Central Bank head Mario Draghi said the bank's 1.1 trillion euro ($1.2 trillion) stimulus program is supporting the eurozone's modest recovery as the money works its way through the financial system to the real world of businesses and consumers.
- Global watchdog warns on economic growth, cuts US forecast Updated: Jun-03-15 5:07 am
PARIS - The world economy risks being bogged down in a low growth spiral unless measures are taken to spur demand and incite businesses to boost their stubbornly sluggish investments.
- US consumer spending flat in April as income, savings rise Updated: Jun-01-15 4:05 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumers held back from spending more in April, deciding instead to channel income gains into savings.
- Fuel and potential fires for the US economy ahead Updated: May-29-15 5:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The US economy should get better after a sputtering first quarter, but how much better? It's complicated.
- US jobless aid applications rose last week; total still low Updated: May-28-15 9:07 am
WASHINGTON - More Americans sought unemployment benefits last week, though the overall level remains low and points to a healthy job market.
- German consumers remain optimistic for June Updated: May-27-15 6:19 am
BERLIN - A closely-watched survey shows German consumers remain optimistic as their economic expectations and willingness to make purchases have been bolstered by robust domestic demand and low inflation rates.
- IMF upgrades Russia growth outlook Updated: May-21-15 10:34 am
MOSCOW - The International Monetary Fund predicts a less severe recession for Russia and says the country's economy will return to growth in a "mild recovery" next year.
- Why many experts missed this: Cheap oil can hurt US economy Updated: May-20-15 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - If there was one thing most economists agreed on at the start of the year, it was this: Plunging oil prices would boost the U.S. economy.
- UN lowers global economic growth estimate amid modest pace Updated: May-19-15 2:41 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations is lowering its growth estimate for the global economy this year, saying its previous forecast of 3.1 percent growth in 2015 is now more likely to be 2.8 percent instead.
- Bird flu could cost nearly $1 billion in Minnesota and Iowa Updated: May-18-15 5:44 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Bird flu could cost nearly $1 billion in the economies of the two states hardest hit, Minnesota and Iowa, agricultural economists said Monday, and the virus is still spreading.
- Why US economic growth has disappointed this year Updated: May-14-15 8:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Like an underachieving student, the U.S. economy isn't living up to the high hopes it began the year with.
- Oregon families should get $284 in tax rebates next year Updated: May-14-15 5:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon families should get an average of $284 in tax rebates next year, state economists said Thursday, citing a strong economy and a bump in job growth.
- Figures show New Mexico economic outlook stabilizing Updated: May-13-15 4:13 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - State financial analysts say an expected boost in personal and corporate taxes is helping to offset weak oil and natural gas prices, providing for a more stable revenue outlook for New Mexico.
- Greece back as a headache for improving eurozone economy Updated: May-10-15 3:05 am
LONDON - It may only account for 2 percent of the eurozone economy but Greece has a habit of punching above its weight when it comes to bruising the currency union.
- Oregon budget begins to solidify with revenue forecast Updated: May-09-15 2:02 pm
SALEM, Oregon - When they passed an education budget last month that was roundly criticized as inadequate, Oregon lawmakers promised to add extra money if economists grew more optimistic about the state's forthcoming tax collections.
- A hazy view of US economy emerges ahead of April jobs report Updated: May-07-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - When the government reports Friday on job growth during April, it could help clarify an increasingly nagging question:
- Italy's economy seen returning to growth in 2015 Updated: May-07-15 9:16 am
MILAN - Italy's statistics agency predicts that the eurozone's third largest economy will grow by 0.7 percent this year.