- Spring rebound for US economy sets stage for Fed rate hike Updated: Jul-30-15 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy isn't moving at warp speed, but it looks like it will be strong enough to handle an expected interest rate increase later this year.
- US cuts estimates for economic growth over past 3 years Updated: Jul-30-15 11:15 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy grew more slowly over the past three years than the government had previously estimated, held back by more frugal consumers and steeper spending cuts by state and local governments.
- US economy likely rebounded to solid growth rate in spring Updated: Jul-30-15 3:04 am
WASHINGTON - After a terrible winter, the economy is improving, with a solid rebound in the spring expected to be followed by stronger growth in the second half of the year.
- IMF's Lagarde: World economy fragile, faces downside risks Updated: Jul-29-15 11:13 am
WASHINGTON - International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde says the world economy is recovering but fragile and "faces some downside risks."
- Survey: German consumers remain optimistic Updated: Jul-29-15 4:14 am
BERLIN - A closely-watched survey indicates German consumers remain optimistic but are showing signs of worry about the country's economic situation amid uncertainty about Greece's financial future.
- Health care spending to accelerate, US report says Updated: Jul-28-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The nation's respite from accelerating health care costs appears to be over.
- S&P revises Brazil's outlook to negative Updated: Jul-28-15 3:19 pm
SAO PAULO - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Tuesday it has revised the outlook for Brazil's foreign-currency debt from stable to negative.
- Solid growth predicted in Vermont's revenue forecast Updated: Jul-27-15 5:31 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Solid growth is predicted for state revenue for the rest of this fiscal year and next year, economists told the state's fiscal leaders on Monday.
- Fed: Confidential forecasts mistakenly made public Updated: Jul-24-15 7:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve said Friday it mistakenly posted confidential economic projections on its public website last month.
- Pew: Chinese stay optimistic in an otherwise gloomy world Updated: Jul-23-15 10:34 am
WASHINGTON - Maybe someone should tell the Chinese their economy is slowing. They don't seem to buy it.
- World Meeting head says pope's economic impact growing Updated: Jul-23-15 7:56 am
FAIRLESS HILLS, Pennsylvania - The president of the World Meeting of Families says the estimate of the economic impact of Pope Francis' visit to Philadelphia in September continues to grow.
- Influx of same-sex marriages boon for wedding businesses Updated: Jul-20-15 1:23 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas businesses expect to cash in as the legalization of same-sex marriages leads to an influx of couples planning weddings.
- Nuclear deal has companies eyeing Iranian opportunities anew Updated: Jul-18-15 12:36 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The nuclear deal is done. Now it's time to talk business.
- AP-GfK poll finds returning economic gloom Updated: Jul-17-15 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Economic gloom may be on the rise again, with President Barack Obama's approval ratings stagnating, after buoyancy on both fronts earlier this year.
- Bank of Canada cuts key interest rate to 0.5 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - Canada's central bank cut its key interest rate Wednesday as it slashed its economic outlook and predicted a pullback in the second quarter due to the impact of lower oil prices and weaker demand for exports.
- What relief? Greek economy on its knees despite bailout deal Updated: Jul-15-15 9:08 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece has a tentative rescue deal, but relief that it is not falling out of the euro is unlikely to last long: its economy has taken a huge hit.
- China's 2Q economic growth steady at 7 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 1:08 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth in the latest quarter held steady at 7 percent, its weakest performance since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggested efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- Chinese stocks vs. reality: Shares are untethered to economy Updated: Jul-09-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - There's economic reality. Then there's the Chinese stock market.
- IMF downgrades 2015 outlook for global growth to 3.3 percent Updated: Jul-09-15 12:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy's stumble at the start of 2015 is dragging down the world's growth to the lowest level since the Great Recession, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday.
- Nebraska farm income expected to drop by nearly 45 percent Updated: Jul-08-15 2:27 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Economists are forecasting Nebraska's farm income to drop nearly 45 percent this year due to lower crop prices and reduced government payments.
- Arizona copper mine stirs debate pitting profits vs religion Updated: Jul-02-15 5:50 am
SUPERIOR, Arizona - Outside of an aging mining town in the mountains east of Phoenix, a copper company has burrowed a shaft 1.3 miles into the high desert landscape in what is believed to be the deepest such mine in the U.S.