- Philippine economy grew 6 percent in 3Q as services expanded Updated: Nov-26-15 1:05 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine economy expanded 6 percent in the third quarter and officials Thursday forecast at least the same growth rate for the full year but warned of risks from the El Nino dry spell and presidential elections in 2016.
- Singapore cuts 2015 growth forecast to 2 percent Updated: Nov-24-15 10:02 pm
SINGAPORE - Singapore lowered its growth forecast for 2015 because of weakness in manufacturing and said gains will continue to be modest next year even as the global economy improves.
- US consumer confidence falls hard in November Updated: Nov-24-15 10:55 am
WASHINGTON - Confidence in the economy eroded this month as Americans became more worried about the job market.
- South Africa narrowly avoids entering a recession Updated: Nov-24-15 7:20 am
JOHANNESBURG - A government data agency says South Africa narrowly avoided recession after the economy grew by less than 1 percent.
- French economy already hurting from attacks, survey finds Updated: Nov-23-15 6:43 am
LONDON - The attacks in Paris that killed 130 people and wounded hundreds more are hurting the French economy at a time when the wider 19-country eurozone appears to be growing at the fastest pace in four and a half years, a survey showed Monday.
- Annual forecast predicts more Michigan economic growth Updated: Nov-20-15 9:33 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - University of Michigan experts say the state's economy will continue to grow in the next two years.
- Annual forecast predicts more US economic growth next year Updated: Nov-19-15 9:36 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Economists at the University of Michigan say the U.S. economy is expected to grow at its highest rate in a decade next year.
- China cuts rates on loans to small businesses Updated: Nov-19-15 5:46 am
BEIJING - China cut interest rates Thursday on loans by small lenders that finance the country's entrepreneurs in a new move to shore up lackluster economic growth.
- The Latest: Manila slum near APEC shows poverty challenge Updated: Nov-19-15 4:49 am
MANILA, Philippines - Leaders from 21 countries and self-governing territories are in Manila for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit. The meeting's official agenda is focused on trade, business and economic issues but terrorism, South China Sea disputes and climate change are also in focus. (All times are local.)
- Highlights of declaration from annual APEC summit Updated: Nov-18-15 11:07 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Leaders from 21 countries and self-governing territories meeting in Manila for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit plan to issue a declaration that denounces terrorism and vows united efforts to combat its root causes. The following are highlights from the declaration seen Thursday by The Associated Press.
- Shipping giant Moller-Maersk sees 48 pct drop in profits Updated: Nov-06-15 5:50 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark-based shipping and oil group A.P. Moller-Maersk says it was "severely impacted by continued low economic growth" as it reported a 48 percent drop in its third quarter profit to $778 million.
- Study: Women-owned businesses growing in Virginia economy Updated: Nov-05-15 4:54 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Women-owned businesses in Virginia are growing faster than any other business in the state, according to a recent study.
- Panel: Indiana's economy to grow at slightly faster rate Updated: Nov-05-15 12:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's economy will grow at a slightly faster rate next year and into 2017 even as the state faces challenges from weakening international markets, Indiana University economists said Thursday in their annual forecast.
- Private survey: Growth of US services sector surged in Oct. Updated: Nov-04-15 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. services companies grew at an accelerated pace in October as business activity, new orders and employment all strengthened, suggesting that the economy is building momentum from consumer demand in the final months of 2015.
- EU official: Cyprus economy to grow 2 percent annually Updated: Nov-03-15 7:06 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A European Union official says the economy of bailed-out Cyprus is projected to grow 2 percent annually until 2020.
- Survey gives yet another sign of Midwest economic slowdown Updated: Nov-02-15 10:39 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Figures plunged in an October survey of supply managers in nine Midwest and Plains states, the third straight month of declines that suggest a regional economic slowdown, according to a report released Monday.
- Cruz adds to GOP divide on how best to overhaul tax system Updated: Oct-30-15 4:08 am
DENVER - In proposing the U.S. adopt a flat tax coupled with a levy similar to a European-style value added tax, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is contributing to a division in the Republican presidential field.
- Report: State's economic growth slowed in 2nd quarter Updated: Oct-29-15 2:16 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts economy expanded at a significantly slower rate in the third quarter than during an "unsustainable" burst of growth in the previous three-month period, economists said Thursday.
- US economy slowed to 1.5 pct. growth rate in third quarter Updated: Oct-29-15 9:19 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy slowed sharply in the summer, reflecting a cutback in businesses' stockpiling of goods, which offset solid consumer spending. But most economists think growth has been strengthening since the July-September quarter ended.