- July survey suggests economic slowdown ahead for Midwest Updated: Aug-03-15 10:56 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Slumping numbers in a July survey suggest there will be slow to no economic growth over the next three to six months in nine Midwest and Plains states, according to a report issued Monday.
- US consumer spending edges up in June Updated: Aug-03-15 9:20 am
WASHINGTON - Consumer spending in June rose by the smallest amount in four months as shoppers cut back on purchases of cars and other big-ticket items.
- Extended slump in oil taking toll on industry, economy Updated: Jul-31-15 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - As drivers, shippers and airlines continue to enjoy lower fuel prices, the oil industry is responding to much lower profits with sharp cuts in spending and employment that are hurting economic growth.
- Spain to give civil servants first pay rise in 5 years Updated: Jul-31-15 9:32 am
MADRID - Spain's prime minister Friday promised a 1 percent pay rise for Spain's 2.5 million civil servants in the 2016 budget, their first hike in five years after public spending was reined in because of the country's economic crisis.
- Spring rebound for US economy sets stage for Fed rate hike Updated: Jul-30-15 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy isn't moving at warp speed, but it looks like it will be strong enough to handle an expected interest rate increase later this year.
- US cuts estimates for economic growth over past 3 years Updated: Jul-30-15 11:15 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy grew more slowly over the past three years than the government had previously estimated, held back by more frugal consumers and steeper spending cuts by state and local governments.
- US economy likely rebounded to solid growth rate in spring Updated: Jul-30-15 3:04 am
WASHINGTON - After a terrible winter, the economy is improving, with a solid rebound in the spring expected to be followed by stronger growth in the second half of the year.
- Health care spending to accelerate, US report says Updated: Jul-28-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The nation's respite from accelerating health care costs appears to be over.
- US consumer confidence falls to lowest level since September Updated: Jul-28-15 1:19 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer confidence fell this month to the lowest level since September. Consumers are worried about the job market and rattled by events in Greece and China.
- Britain's economy grows 0.7 percent in second quarter Updated: Jul-28-15 5:25 am
LONDON - Britain's economy picked up speed in the second quarter of 2015, when it expanded by 0.7 percent compared with the previous three-month period.
- Obama: Africa can be next center of global economic growth Updated: Jul-22-15 6:50 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says Africa has the potential to be the next center of global economic growth.
- Yellen, Draghi upbeat despite tumult in Greece, China Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Chinese stock market is experiencing a terrifying freefall, and Greece is teetering on the brink of financial collapse.
- Some economic growth likely in rural parts of 10 states Updated: Jul-16-15 12:29 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A new survey suggests modest economic growth ahead in rural parts of 10 Plains and Western states, but the predicted decline in farm income this year remains a concern.
- Fed survey finds economic growth in all regions of country Updated: Jul-15-15 2:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy was expanding in all regions of the country in the late spring, aided by strong sales of autos and other consumer goods.
- China economy: Things to know about its latest growth report Updated: Jul-15-15 1:13 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth held steady at 7 percent in the latest quarter, its weakest level since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggest government efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- China's 2Q economic growth steady at 7 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 1:08 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth in the latest quarter held steady at 7 percent, its weakest performance since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggested efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- China June exports up 2.8 percent, imports down 6.1 percent Updated: Jul-13-15 1:04 am
BEIJING - China's June export growth rebounded to 2.8 percent in a modest improvement amid slowing economic growth while imports fell 6.1 percent.
- Rent remains low as economy grows in Idaho Updated: Jul-11-15 5:41 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Housing rental prices in Idaho have remained lower than the national average as the country has slowly recovered from the economic downturn.
- Chinese stocks vs. reality: Shares are untethered to economy Updated: Jul-09-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - There's economic reality. Then there's the Chinese stock market.
- IMF downgrades 2015 outlook for global growth to 3.3 percent Updated: Jul-09-15 12:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy's stumble at the start of 2015 is dragging down the world's growth to the lowest level since the Great Recession, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday.
- Easier terms for Greece could open a can of worms in Europe Updated: Jul-09-15 8:13 am
LISBON, Portugal - Eurozone governments taking a tough line on Greece's demand for debt relief and easier bailout terms fear opening a can of worms.
- China inflation edges up to 1.4 percent in June Updated: Jul-08-15 11:22 pm
BEIJING - China's consumer inflation edged up to a still-low 1.4 percent in June, leaving room for Beijing to cut interest rates or take other steps to stimulate slowing economic growth.
- Nebraska farm income expected to drop by nearly 45 percent Updated: Jul-08-15 2:27 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Economists are forecasting Nebraska's farm income to drop nearly 45 percent this year due to lower crop prices and reduced government payments.
- Growth in US services firms rises in June Updated: Jul-06-15 12:07 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. service firms grew at a slightly faster pace in June, as business activity and new orders increased.