- Spain raises 2015 economy growth forecast to 3.3 percent Updated: Jul-02-15 11:11 am
MADRID - Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has revised Spain's economic growth forecast upward for this year and next and said the improved circumstances allowed him bring forward a tax reduction plan.
- California slips back to No. 8 economy in world Updated: Jul-01-15 6:35 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Less than a month after edging out Brazil, California has slipped back to its ranking as the eighth-largest economy in the world based off an update of global economic data released Wednesday.
- June economic report echoes previous signs for Midwest Updated: Jul-01-15 11:28 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Data from a June survey echo previous signs that slower economic growth likely lays ahead for nine Midwestern and Plains states, according to a report released Wednesday.
- World Bank urges China to embrace basic financial reforms Updated: Jul-01-15 3:19 am
BEIJING - China needs fundamental reform of its state-dominated financial system to keep economic growth on track, the World Bank said Wednesday.
- UK first quarter economic growth was greater than estimated Updated: Jun-30-15 5:32 am
LONDON - Britain's economy grew faster than previously estimated in the first quarter of 2015, thanks to a rise in construction output.
- UConn report adds to bleak view of state's economic growth Updated: Jun-25-15 1:34 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Connecticut's economic growth has evaporated, a University of Connecticut report said Thursday.
- South Korea cuts growth forecast as MERS saps spending Updated: Jun-25-15 2:35 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's finance ministry said Thursday that economic growth will slow this year as the outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome saps spending and tourism.
- US economy not as bad in 1st quarter, paving way for rebound Updated: Jun-24-15 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy contracted in the first three months of the year, just not as much as previously estimated. More recent data show that the weakness was largely temporary, with a rebound in the works for the April-June quarter.
- Malloy sees stronger economy with rise in personal income Updated: Jun-23-15 11:56 am
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is defending Connecticut's economy, which statistics show is improving but only gradually.
- Report: economic growth failing to help world's poorest kids Updated: Jun-23-15 6:29 am
NEW DELHI - Global resolve to rescue impoverished children from lives of squalor, disease and hunger has fallen short, with economic development in many countries still leaving millions of the most vulnerable behind, according to a UNICEF report released Tuesday.
- Colorado's economy growing, but small budget shortfall looms Updated: Jun-19-15 5:16 pm
DENVER - Colorado's economy continues to grow and the state is collecting more tax revenue, but the bulk of the increase is going back to taxpayers and possibly to mandated funding transfers to transportation.
- Crisis-hit Europeans: Greece must knuckle down like they did Updated: Jun-19-15 6:52 am
LISBON, Portugal - Europeans in countries which adopted unpopular austerity measures to overcome the recent financial crisis are starting to reap the rewards, even if times are still hard for many and numerous factors are playing a role in the recovery.
- New Zealand's economy grows just 0.2 percent in 1st quarter Updated: Jun-17-15 10:17 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's economy all but stalled in the first quarter as lower prices for milk and oil pushed down growth to 0.2 percent, according to figures released Thursday.
- Fed is moving toward rate hike, but just when still unclear Updated: Jun-17-15 6:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve took note Wednesday of a strengthening U.S. economy and appears on track to raise interest rates this year for the first time in nearly a decade.
- More US Fed officials see just 1 rate increase this year Updated: Jun-17-15 2:28 pm
WASHINGTON - More Federal Reserve policymakers expect a slower increase in short-term interest rates this year than they projected three months ago, reflecting a sharp slowdown in the economy at the start of the year.
- Wisconsin private-sector job growth 38th in 2014 Updated: Jun-17-15 2:00 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker made it only about halfway toward his signature job creation promise and Wisconsin ranked 38th in job growth in 2014, trailing the national average, according to data released Wednesday by the federal government.
- FACT CHECK: Why Bush's growth forecast is a stretch Updated: Jun-17-15 1:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says there's "not a reason in the world" why the U.S. economy can't grow at 4 percent annually.
- US factory output down in May, hurt by oil refining cuts Updated: Jun-15-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. factory output slipped in May, hurt by a decline in oil refining that overshadowed solid gains by automakers.
- IU Kelley School gets $300K for Palestinian economic growth Updated: Jun-12-15 4:10 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - The U.S. State Department has awarded a $300,000 grant to support Palestinian economic development through business consulting and support provided by students at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business.
- US retail sales jump in a sign of more confident consumers Updated: Jun-11-15 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their spending at retailers in May, especially for autos, clothes and building materials, in a sign that strong job growth has begun to boost store sales.
- Louisiana output grows 1.9 percent in 2014, below US average Updated: Jun-10-15 7:08 pm
New figures show Louisiana's economy grew by 1.9 percent in 2014, lagging nationwide growth of 2.2 percent.
- New Zealand cuts interest rate quarter point to 3.25 percent Updated: Jun-10-15 6:43 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's central bank on Thursday cut its benchmark interest rate by a quarter point to 3.25 percent and signaled more cuts could be on the way as farmers grapple with a slump in prices for the country's key milk exports.
- California bounces back as No. 7 economy in world Updated: Jun-10-15 6:00 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - After taking a significant recession-era hit, California's economy has bounced back up to the seventh largest in the world as the state's gross domestic product reached $2.3 trillion in 2014, show figures released Wednesday by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Mississippi 1 of 2 states where economy shrank in 2014 Updated: Jun-10-15 5:59 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Tepid growth in jobs, income and certain taxes had suggested Mississippi's economy wasn't growing very fast in recent years. But new figures released Wednesday by the federal Bureau of Economic Analysis show the state's economy was actually in recession in 2013 and 2014.
- What's holding up a deal on Greece's bailout Updated: Jun-10-15 2:00 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The ball is in Greece's court, its creditors say.