- US consumer spending up moderate 0.3 percent in July Updated: Aug-28-15 9:19 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumers increased their spending moderately in July, as wages and salaries made their biggest jump in eight months.
- The US economy's second quarter went from solid to stellar Updated: Aug-27-15 6:49 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy staged a far bigger rebound last quarter than first thought, outpacing the rest of the developed world and bolstering confidence that it will remain sturdy in coming months despite global headwinds.
- US consumer confidence shows sharp rebound in August Updated: Aug-25-15 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer confidence rebounded in August to the strongest reading in seven months after having fallen sharply in July.
- US retail sales rose in July, aided by autos and restaurants Updated: Aug-13-15 11:28 am
WASHINGTON - Americans bought more cars, restaurant meals and building supplies in July, a rise in spending that points to steady economic growth anchored by an improving job market.
- US trade gap widens 7 percent in June as imports jump Updated: Aug-05-15 9:05 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. trade deficit increased in June as solid consumer spending pulled in more imports, while the strong dollar restrained exports.