- US home prices rose 4.9 pct. in May, lifted by strong sales Updated: Jul-28-15 10:07 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose steadily in May, pushed higher by a healthy increase in sales this year.
- US new-home sales hit June slump Updated: Jul-24-15 10:37 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans bought new homes in June, a possible sign that the real estate market might not be as hot as it appeared at the start of summer.
- Apartment construction drives US homebuilding surge in June Updated: Jul-17-15 11:13 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders broke ground on apartment complexes last month at the fastest pace in nearly 28 years, as developers anticipate that recent jobs gains will launch a wave of renters
- US homebuilder sentiment hits highest level since 2005 Updated: Jul-16-15 11:25 am
U.S. homebuilders' confidence in the market for new homes is back up to levels not seen since the height of the housing boom a decade ago.
- US construction spending rises 0.8 percent in May Updated: Jul-01-15 10:24 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending posted a solid gain in May, pushing total activity to the highest point since the fall of 2008, with the strength led by a big jump in non-residential projects.