- Construction workers attend Mass honoring dead colleagues Updated: Apr-28-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - Construction workers converged on St. Patrick's Cathedral on Thursday to honor fellow workers who died on the job.
- US home prices rise at solid pace, even with flat sales Updated: Apr-26-16 9:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices continued their steady upward march in February as buyers competed for a limited number of available properties.
- US new-home sales fall in March for third straight month Updated: Apr-25-16 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped back from buying new homes in March, the third straight monthly decline as sales plunged sharply in the Western states.
- US home sales rebounded in March after February dip Updated: Apr-20-16 10:29 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. homebuyers crowded back into the market in March, kicking off a solid start to the spring buying season after sales had slumped in February.
- US home construction tumbled in March Updated: Apr-19-16 8:46 am
WASHINGTON - Construction of new homes fell in March by the largest amount in five months, with weakness in all regions of the country except the Northeast.
- US homebuilder sentiment held steady in April Updated: Apr-18-16 1:13 pm
U.S. homebuilders' confidence held steady in April, reflecting an overall optimistic outlook in the market for new homes even as a gauge of current sales fell slightly.
- Angry Chinese construction workers duel with bulldozers Updated: Apr-18-16 4:29 am
BEIJING - Police in northern China say an argument between construction workers escalated into a demolition derby-style clash of heavy machinery that left at least two bulldozers flipped over in a street.
- As housing market soars, poorest renters are priced out Updated: Apr-10-16 3:05 am
BREMERTON, Washington - Crystal Turner stood in the kitchen of her cramped apartment and stared at the cracks in the fake wood flooring beneath her feet.
- Tribes struggle with decades of housing neglect Updated: Apr-09-16 2:06 am
BROWNING, Montana - They call it Moccasin Flats, though the street sign marks it as 3rd Avenue Southwest. This neighborhood, just a few blocks away from Browning Elementary School, represents the worst of housing conditions on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation, the Great Falls Tribune reported (http://gftrib.com/1qlpysO).
- US construction spending retreats in February Updated: Apr-01-16 10:16 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending fell in February by the largest amount in three months. Weakness in nonresidential construction and government offset the strongest month for home construction in more than eight years.