- A rising housing market lifts builders, home goods retailers Updated: May-24-16 1:41 pm
NEW YORK - A new report from the U.S. that showed Americans are snapping up homes at a pace not seen since the housing bust-fueled recession pushed the trading of shares of all companies affiliated with the sector into overdrive Tuesday.
- US new-home sales jump to highest level in more than 8 years Updated: May-24-16 10:36 am
WASHINGTON - Americans ramped up their purchases of new homes in April to the highest level since January 2008, evidence of a strong start to the spring buying season.
- Lowe's like Home Depot, puts up big numbers as housing booms Updated: May-18-16 7:27 am
NEW YORK - Lowe's reported surging first-quarter profits and comparable-store sales boomed in the midst of a strong recovery in the U.S. housing market.
- US builders increase home construction in April Updated: May-17-16 9:49 am
WASHINGTON - Builders ramped up construction of new homes in April, suggesting that the market remains solid despite sluggish economic growth at the beginning of the year.
- Colorado lawmakers finally confront state's housing crunch Updated: May-05-16 10:15 pm
DENVER - Proposals to tackle Colorado's skyrocketing housing costs have finally been offered in the state Legislature. But lawmakers don't have much time to settle on complicated measures to expand affordable housing.
- Wildfires cause dip in new California housing units Updated: May-02-16 7:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The number of new housing units in California declined last year for the first time since the start of the economic recovery, due mostly to wildfires that scorched more than 2,000 homes, state officials reported Monday.
- US construction spending up 0.3 pct., led by home building Updated: May-02-16 12:03 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending advanced in March to its highest level in more than eight years. Gains in home building and nonresidential construction offset a drop in government projects.
- Construction workers attend Mass honoring dead colleagues Updated: Apr-28-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - Construction workers converged on St. Patrick's Cathedral on Thursday to honor fellow workers who died on the job.
- US home prices rise at solid pace, even with flat sales Updated: Apr-26-16 9:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices continued their steady upward march in February as buyers competed for a limited number of available properties.