- Building for Alaska museum, library archives set to open Updated: May-30-16 11:52 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - A new state museum, library and archives building is opening in Juneau, a project years in the making and one of the last major buildings to be constructed by the state before the oil crash plunged Alaska into a deep deficit.
- Interactive exhibits among highlights of updated Ford museum Updated: May-30-16 10:47 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum will reopen soon after months of renovations.
- New York warplane museum opens interactive briefing room Updated: May-30-16 8:27 am
GENESEO, New York - A western New York warplane museum has added an interactive World War II-style briefing room to give visitors a sense of the on-the-ground preparations that went on before combat missions.
- Spain's Prado unveils major exhibit of Dutch master Bosch Updated: May-30-16 8:11 am
MADRID - It may not be the most suitable exhibit for the squeamish but the Prado Museum's 500th anniversary display of the most and best of Dutch Renaissance master Hieronymus Bosch is definitely a must for art lovers, and maybe gore freaks too.
- WVU to induct 7 into Sports Hall of Fame Updated: May-29-16 4:18 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Standout linebacker Grant Wiley and former football assistant coach Donnie Young are among seven chosen for the West Virginia University Sports Hall of Fame.
- Vuitton show draws fashion world to crisis-hit Brazil Updated: May-28-16 6:52 pm
NITEROI, Brazil - The elite of the fashion world flocked to Brazil, defying an outbreak of the Zika virus, an economic meltdown and the deep political crisis afflicting the country to attend a runway show Saturday by revered French label Louis Vuitton.
- Hayes centers reopening to kick off centennial celebration Updated: May-28-16 11:26 am
FREMONT, Ohio - A presidential and museums center in Ohio that's been closed since January has gotten its makeover.
- Grand Reopening: Charleston art museum completes $13M remake Updated: May-28-16 8:42 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A $13 million renovation of the Gibbes Museum of Art in Charleston's historic district is complete and the museum is reopening to the public.
- Utah moon rock locked away during planetarium remodel Updated: May-28-16 2:59 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A rare moon rock has gone under lock and key while Salt Lake City's Clark Planetarium undergoes renovations for the next several months.
- Teen making her mark with charcoal in hand Updated: May-28-16 2:02 am
HELENA, Montana - You might have seen Hailey Henrikson in the front window of Imagine Design during the Spring Art Walk, working her magic with charcoal and a sketch pad.
- IU teams with Italian museum on sculpture digitizing project Updated: May-27-16 7:07 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University is teaming up with an Italian museum on a project to create 3-D digital models of the museum's large collection of ancient Greek and Roman sculptures.
- West Virginia museums to let military members in for free Updated: May-27-16 4:15 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Several West Virginia attractions are participating in the National Endowment for the Arts initiative to offer free admission to active-duty military members and their families.
- MLB commissioner announces Hall of Fame tour stops Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
DYERSVILLE, Iowa - Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred traveled to the "Field of Dreams" movie site in eastern Iowa on Thursday to announce this year's National Baseball Hall of Fame tour stops in six cities.
- Boggs 'back home' as his No. 26 is retired at Fenway Park Updated: May-26-16 7:50 pm
BOSTON - The 'chicken man' has lost a little of the shimmer from his trademark mustache over the years, but every pilgrimage Wade Boggs makes to Fenway Park still feels like old times for the Red Sox legend.
- New Orleans museum's paintings added to Google art trove Updated: May-26-16 5:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Need a refresher on the details of Edgar Degas' painting of Estelle Muson Degas at the New Orleans Museum of Art? Or maybe a close-up of the red hills in Georgia O'Keefe's "My Backyard" at the museum? Or a tour of the museum before a visit to the Crescent City?
- Georgia O'Keeffe Museum gets rare 1926 painting Updated: May-26-16 12:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum now owns a rarely seen painting by the artist who helped usher in American modernism.
- Parsons, Martin, Hendrick selected to NASCAR Hall of Fame Updated: May-25-16 7:07 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - To Benny Parsons, auto racing was everything.
- O'Keeffe Museum buys artist's rarely seen Lake George work Updated: May-25-16 3:35 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe has acquired a rarely seen painting created by the artist in 1926.
- Mount Vernon exhibit looks at Washington as slaveholder Updated: May-25-16 4:18 am
MOUNT VERNON, Virginia - It is the unavoidable Achilles' heel in the reputation of George Washington and so many other Founding Fathers: that men who risked their lives to protect their nation's liberty were also slaveholders.
- Lowrider car culture takes summer spotlight in New Mexico Updated: May-24-16 8:11 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Those classic cars called lowriders are the focus of a summer celebration in Santa Fe.
- Ex-Education Secretary Duncan named to Lucas Museum board Updated: May-24-16 2:31 pm
CHICAGO - Former U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan has been named to the board of directors for the museum that "Star Wars" director George Lucas hopes to build along Chicago's lakefront.
- 'Little Syria' exhibit heading 'home' to New York Updated: May-24-16 11:43 am
DETROIT - An exhibition about one of the earliest Arab American settlements heads to places near the old New York neighborhood where it first laid roots, as well as the spot where many immigrants first set foot in the U.S.
- EXCHANGE: Artists display, sell their work at Joliet museum Updated: May-23-16 7:51 am
JOLIET, Illinois - Wine and hors d'oeuvres were served. Chamber music played. More than 400 pieces of art were on display and for sale.
- Museum part of effort to send messages to military personnel Updated: May-23-16 7:20 am
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The Yankee Air Museum in Michigan is part of a USO-led effort to collect and send messages of gratitude to active U.S. military personnel stationed worldwide.
- Photo exhibit shows Yellowstone changes over 140 years Updated: May-23-16 1:39 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - An upcoming exhibit at the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson Hole will show how Yellowstone National Park has changed over more than 140 years.