- Grammy museums director wants repeal of Mississippi LGBT law Updated: Apr-30-16 4:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - After opening the only Grammy Museum outside Los Angeles in the Mississippi Delta, the museums' director Bob Santelli had planned to bring his 28-year-old son to visit the high-tech facility honoring the cradle of the blues.
- Fab Ford: Beatles exhibit to open at Henry Ford Museum Updated: Apr-29-16 9:09 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - A Detroit-area history attraction is preparing to mark a British invasion led by four marauding mop-tops.
- Minnesota science museum creating space research kits Updated: Apr-29-16 11:47 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Science Museum of Minnesota has a $14 million contract to help turn NASA's deep wealth of space research into interactive exhibits, activities and other learning experiences.
- Park workers in Spain discover huge Roman coin trove Updated: Apr-29-16 10:11 am
MADRID - Workers laying pipes in a southern Spanish park have unearthed a 600-kilogram (1,300-pound) trove of Roman coins in what culture officials say is a unique historic discovery.
- NYC exhibition: 4 whaling paintings by J.M.W. Turner Updated: Apr-29-16 7:53 am
NEW YORK - Four whaling paintings by the British artist J.M.W. Turner will be united for the first time in an upcoming exhibition in New York City.
- Famous paleontologist celebrated at Museum of the Rockies Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A $3 million endowment has been set up at the Museum of the Rockies in honor of renowned paleontologist Jack Horner, who is retiring after 34 years as the museum's curator of paleontology.
- Muskogee monument honoring late country icon moves ahead Updated: Apr-28-16 4:28 pm
MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame is moving forward with a project to place a monument in Muskogee honoring late country icon Merle Haggard.
- State high school HOF naming football exhibit after Osborne Updated: Apr-28-16 12:05 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The football exhibit hall at the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame will be named in honor of former University of Nebraska coach Tom Osborne.
- LACMA receives record-breaking $75 million donations Updated: Apr-28-16 8:44 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has received two donations totaling $75 million toward its new modernist building.
- Honoring the Mayor: Joe Riley joins Hall of Fame Updated: Apr-28-16 7:56 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The longest-serving mayor in Charleston history is now a member of the South Carolina Hall of Fame.
- Serenity Now: Gardens, 100-acre park at Indianapolis Museum Updated: Apr-27-16 5:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - There's a lot going on in Indianapolis this spring, between the presidential primary and the Indy 500. For visitors or locals looking to get away from the hubbub, consider a visit to the gardens and nature park on the campus of the Indianapolis Museum of Art. The grounds include an unusual outdoor space for contemplation called "Park of the Laments."
- Los Angeles to host new college basketball doubleheader Updated: Apr-27-16 2:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - A new men's basketball doubleheader will be played in Los Angeles featuring Arizona, BYU, Gonzaga and Southern California.
- Travel news: Universal-Exorcist, Eiteljorg, toilets, LLBean Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
UNIVERSAL PARKS' HALLOWEEN THEME: 'THE EXORCIST'
- French billionaire to create new art museum in Paris Updated: Apr-27-16 10:34 am
PARIS - The French billionaire and art collector Francois Pinault has announced the creation of a new contemporary art museum in central Paris.
- Bills fan donates 100K-plus team items to Buffalo museum Updated: Apr-27-16 10:18 am
BUFFALO, New York - A Massachusetts man has donated his Buffalo Bills memorabilia collection of more than 100,000 items to a western New York museum.
- Indiana State Museum to unveil bicentennial artifact exhibit Updated: Apr-26-16 10:55 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana State Museum is set to unveil its collection of 200 artifacts that have been either made or used by famous residents in honor of the state's bicentennial.
- Funding cut threatens biology museum's specimen collection Updated: Apr-25-16 4:56 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A museum at the University of New Mexico contains the world's largest archive of frozen tissue samples, but the future of the half-million biological specimens stored there is at risk.
- Met curator Andrew Bolton, quiet defender of fashion as art Updated: Apr-25-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - The opening seconds of the trailer for "The First Monday in May," the new documentary about the dizzyingly star-studded Met Gala, show pop star Rihanna tossing her fashionable head in slo-mo as the red-carpet cameras click furiously. Suitably, she sports a glistening tiara.
- Old whale statue to grace Indianapolis mini golf course Updated: Apr-25-16 8:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - When the Indianapolis Museum of Art opens its miniature golf course in May, visitors will notice a familiar face. Willie the Whale from the old Indianapolis Zoo will find a temporary home on the 18th hole.
- Ohio couple weds at starting line, then runs half-marathon Updated: Apr-25-16 7:52 am
CANTON, Ohio - This year's Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon in Ohio will be a race to remember for one couple who married at the starting line before running the event's half-marathon.
- Don Drysdale's 1963 World Series ring sells for $110K Updated: Apr-24-16 3:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Don Drysdale's 1963 World Series championship ring with the Los Angeles Dodgers sold for $110,111 in an auction of the late Hall of Fame pitcher's memorabilia.
- Submarine museum to open exhibit on Groton base history Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy's submarine force museum is opening a new exhibit dedicated to the history of Naval Submarine Base New London.
- Museum exhibit celebrates sheep production Updated: Apr-24-16 10:10 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum will debut an exhibit on sheep production on Friday.
- Polish leaders threaten fate of nearly finished WWII museum Updated: Apr-24-16 6:11 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's conservative government is taking steps that threaten an ambitious new World War II museum which international experts have spent eight years creating - the latest ideological battle the nation's nationalistic authorities are waging against the pro-European rivals they ousted from power last year.
- US currency redesign draws attention to Tubman Museum Updated: Apr-23-16 1:55 pm
MACON, Georgia - A plan for Harriet Tubman to be the new face of the $20 bill is being seen as a boost for the Macon museum bearing her name.