- Correction: Yellowstone Anniversaries story Updated: May-24-16 3:30 pm
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - In a story May 18 about Yellowstone anniversaries, The Associated Press reported erroneously the date of an event at Yellowstone National Park. The event was May 13, not March 13.
- Despite money woes, Atlantic City's attractions still open Updated: May-24-16 12:10 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately, with words like "bankruptcy" ''crisis" and "broke" figuring prominently.
- Welcome Inn: College of Charleston buys $3.2 million inn Updated: May-23-16 7:18 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The College of Charleston has purchased a more-than 200-year-old inn in Charleston's historic district.
- No clothes? No beach. Court rules against Spanish naturists Updated: May-21-16 2:02 pm
MADRID - Nudists have lost a seven-year legal battle for access to a popular tourist resort beach on Spain's southwestern tip.
- Eiffel Tower to be turned into a Euro 2016 rental apartment Updated: May-19-16 6:40 pm
PARIS - Four lucky competition winners are set to be the first people in history to use the Eiffel Tower as a vacation home next month.
- Jonesboro panel delays incentive vote for new hotel Updated: May-19-16 9:16 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Jonesboro Advertising and Promotion Commission has tabled a request for a tax rebate for a planned convention center and hotel at Arkansas State University.
- Adkins named chairman of international hotel association Updated: May-18-16 1:19 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The president of the Tennessee Hospitality and Tourism Association has bene selected as the chairman of the International Society of Hotel Association Executives.
- Family beach house fun: Casino nights, luaus, competitions Updated: May-16-16 10:13 am
NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, North Carolina - Renting a house for a week or so with extended family or friends is an economical way to vacation while offering quality time with loved ones.
- 10 ideas for theme nights at a vacation home with family Updated: May-16-16 10:10 am
If you're renting a vacation house with extended family this summer and trying to figure out ways to bring a large group with different ages together, consider planning some fun theme nights. Here are 10 ideas.
- Arlington County approves small lodging tax increase Updated: May-14-16 5:10 pm
ARLIGNTON, Virginia - Visitors to Arlington County will soon pay a little bit more for hotel rooms.
- Ice cream magnate auctioning off Monticello mansion replica Updated: May-14-16 8:55 am
SOMERS, Connecticut - Just before his 100th birthday, ice cream magnate S. Prestley Blake gave himself a $7.7 million gift - a house built to replicate Monticello, the famed Virginia home of Thomas Jefferson.
- Policing the bird highway Updated: May-14-16 8:18 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - On a nice, sunny day in the 1960s, air taxi pilot Dick Hamlin picked up two women and their babies to take them to a logging camp on Kasaan Bay. As the air taxi approached Grindall Island, Hamlin noticed an eagle in the air, watching the plane.
- UW trustees reduce internal spending Updated: May-13-16 1:15 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Facing budget cuts that will likely mean cutting jobs, University of Wyoming trustees approved reductions in their own expenses although some trustees said they could do more.
- Tokyo governor under fire for $1800 hotel room, lavish trips Updated: May-13-16 4:26 am
TOKYO - The governor of Tokyo has triggered public outrage for flying first-class and staying at up to $1,800-a-night suites in Europe and America during official trips.
- Paid parking on Vegas Strip starts in June with many rules Updated: May-12-16 6:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - Drivers were given a long list of rules Thursday involving MGM Resorts International's game-changing move to charge for parking on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Interactive digital walls offer art and info in hotel lobby Updated: May-12-16 2:19 pm
NEW YORK - Walk down a hallway in the new Renaissance NY Midtown hotel and the walls come alive.
- 100th running of Indianapolis 500 selling out hotel rooms Updated: May-11-16 3:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Tourism industry officials say the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 has generated demand for hotel rooms not seen since the 2012 Super Bowl.
- Singapore: colonial heritage, cool modern architecture, food Updated: May-11-16 12:01 pm
SINGAPORE - At 51, Singapore is shrugging off all symptoms of a midlife crisis and embracing travelers with more and better things to see, taste and experience than ever before.
- Native painters transform hotel rooms with large-scale art Updated: May-10-16 3:29 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Dade Lahar stepped into the hotel room with splashes of electric blue and tipis outlined in neon green before scanning a mural that offered a contemporary take on Native American reservation life.
- Hotel executive, company sentenced for employment violations Updated: May-09-16 1:17 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska hotel company and an executive have been given probation and fined for unlawfully employing someone who authorities say was living in the country illegally.
- Israel defends program to bring in Jordanian hotel workers Updated: May-09-16 12:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel on Monday defended a program that brings Jordanian day workers into its tourism industry against criticism in Jordan from those who oppose normalizing ties with the Jewish State.
- Alexandria's Hotel Bentley reopens as renovation continues Updated: May-06-16 8:51 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A landmark hotel in downtown Alexandria is reopening.
- Idaho sees spike in tourism, officials say Updated: May-05-16 2:52 pm
LEWISTON, Idaho - Idaho is on track to collect record-high lodging taxes this year as the state sees a spike in tourism.
- Guests return to Georgetown hotel after threat, evacuation Updated: May-05-16 2:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Guests at a hotel in Washington's Georgetown neighborhood were evacuated for more than two hours because of a bomb threat.
- Receiver controlling Burke Mountain Resort can open hotel Updated: May-05-16 3:13 am
BURKE, Vermont - Vermont officials say the federal receiver in control of Burke Mountain Resort now possesses the Certificates of Occupancy needed to open its new hotel and conference center.