- Man admits in Texas to running deadly smuggling operation Updated: May-31-16 6:38 pm
VICTORIA, Texas - Federal prosecutors say a man who was illegally in Houston has pleaded guilty to engaging in a conspiracy transport people in the U.S. illegally, resulting in deaths and kidnapping.
- Mediterranean Sea disasters leave more than 1,000 dead Updated: May-31-16 5:46 pm
GENEVA - The treacherous Mediterranean Sea crossing from Libya to Italy claimed the lives of at least 1,083 migrants over the past week - mostly because barely seaworthy smuggling boats foundered and sank despite calm seas and sunny skies, a migration agency said Tuesday, citing new accounts from survivors.
- Lettuce company boss charged with sex-trafficking teen girl Updated: May-31-16 5:09 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The owner of a Rhode Island hydroponics business that produces lettuce under the Boston Greens label has been charged with sex-trafficking a minor.
- 3 people accused of recruiting, prostituting underage girls Updated: May-31-16 4:19 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - Three people who allegedly recruited underage girls to work as prostitutes have been charged with human trafficking and other counts.
- Philippine president-elect offers bounties for drug lords Updated: May-31-16 12:46 pm
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine president-elect said Tuesday he will pay bounties to police or military officials who capture suspected drug lords "dead or alive," adding that there is enough reward money to leave "100 persons dead."
- The Latest: Paris to create center to take in migrants Updated: May-31-16 11:23 am
GENEVA - The Latest on Europe's migration crisis (all times local):
- Brazilian police: Gang rape happened but tests are not proof Updated: May-30-16 6:44 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Police investigating a gang rape possibly involving more than 30 men said Monday that they have no doubt the assault happened but that tests on the 16-year-old victim were done too late to provide conclusive evidence.
- Richland County rec director faces several drug charges Updated: May-28-16 1:19 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities say the director of recreation in Richland County has been charged with several drug trafficking offenses.
- Hospitalized suspect in Reno pill mill raid bound for jail Updated: May-27-16 7:41 pm
RENO, Nevada - A federal judge in Reno has ordered one of the key suspects in an alleged prescription drug trafficking-ring to return to the county jail when he's released from the hospital where he was taken for a medical emergency.
- Man facing 149 years in prison for Arizona sex trafficking Updated: May-27-16 6:43 pm
PHOENIX - A man is facing nearly 150 years in prison after being convicted in an Arizona sex trafficking case.
- California woman pleads guilty to drug trafficking charge Updated: May-27-16 4:48 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A California woman has pleaded guilty to a drug trafficking charge in New Mexico.
- 4 men sentenced for human trafficking of 14-year-old girl Updated: May-27-16 1:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three New Jersey men and another from South Carolina have been sentenced to state prison after pleading guilty to human trafficking charges involving a 14-year-old girl allegedly forced into prostitution.
- South Sudan: Army major arrested allegedly smuggling ivory Updated: May-27-16 8:04 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan authorities arrested an army major and a Chinese oil worker for allegedly trafficking elephant ivory and endangered pangolin meat through the country's Paloich oil fields.
- Florence attorney arrested on human trafficking charges Updated: May-27-16 4:35 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - A Florence attorney and an 83-year-old man are each facing multiple charges of human trafficking.
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates Updated: May-26-16 5:33 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Federal prosecutors have charged two Delaware prison guards with smuggling drugs and cellphones to inmates at the maximum security prison in Smyrna in return for bribes.
- Wisconsin man seeks freedom in Gangster Disciples case Updated: May-26-16 2:05 pm
ATLANTA - A lawyer for a man named in a nationwide probe of Gangster Disciples gang members tried to get him released to await trial at his home in Madison, Wisconsin, where he contributes to the arts and music scenes. But a federal magistrate declined, citing the allegation that he was involved in a carjacking in Georgia.
- Man who sold gun, drugs in Rhode Island gets prison time Updated: May-26-16 11:21 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Massachusetts man arrested for selling drugs and a gun on the streets of Rhode Island has been sentenced to more than seven years in federal prison.
- Authorities arrest 9 in prostitution, human trafficking bust Updated: May-26-16 9:49 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Authorities have arrested nine people in a human trafficking and prostitution bust at Ocean City hotels.
- Human smuggler fined, faces deportation after prison Updated: May-26-16 6:47 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Mexican national found smuggling 10 immigrants into the United States has been fined $5,000 and faces deportation after serving prison time.
- Aug. 2 trial date set for man charged in drug rip-off sting Updated: May-26-16 6:10 am
PHOENIX - A man affiliated with a militia group is scheduled to stand trial on Aug. 2 on allegations that he participated in a police sting in which he and two others thought they were stealing cocaine from smugglers.
- Maui man pleads guilty to meth charge, biting officer Updated: May-25-16 9:09 pm
HONOLULU - A man admitted in court Wednesday that he got involved with a Maui meth trafficking ring to support his own drug habit, which led to his assaulting two federal agents - one of whom he bit.
- The Latest: Man pleads guilty to meth charge, biting officer Updated: May-25-16 8:35 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on a guilty plea in a case involving meth trafficking and a bitten officer (all times local):
- The Latest: 2nd Border Patrol detainee now back in custody Updated: May-25-16 6:59 pm
CASA GRANDE, Arizona - The Latest on the escape by three Border Patrol detainees (all times local):
- Wynne woman gets 12 years for sex trafficking children Updated: May-25-16 6:32 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas woman has been sentenced to 12 years in prison after admitting she forced an underage girl into prostitution.
- Judge gives drug convict probation, cites other consequences Updated: May-25-16 5:42 pm
NEW YORK - A Connecticut college student found with 1.3 pounds of cocaine in her luggage on a return trip from Jamaica has been sentenced to probation by a judge who ruled her smuggling conviction alone would include collateral punishments.