- Man sentenced to 3 years in prison in sex trafficking case Updated: Nov-30-15 5:58 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A 25-year-old man has been sentenced to three years in prison in a North Dakota sex trafficking case.
- 'Fast and Furious' French trafficker arrested in Bangkok Updated: Nov-30-15 5:34 am
BANGKOK - A French drug trafficker who was part of a notorious international network that authorities say copied tactics from Hollywood's "Fast and Furious" films was arrested in Bangkok, officials said Monday.
- Dallas man caught in stolen pickup faces sex crime charges Updated: Nov-30-15 2:38 am
DALLAS - A man is facing sex crime charges after police caught him in a stolen pickup truck with a 16-year-old girl he had sex with and forced into prostitution.
- Feds: Sheme smuggled drugs to Milwaukee in elevator parts Updated: Nov-28-15 3:59 pm
MILWAUKEE - Federal agents have disrupted a drug-dealing operation that allegedly smuggled cocaine to Milwaukee hidden inside metal elevator parts.
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in heroin distribution ring Updated: Nov-27-15 10:35 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A Pittsburgh man accused of running a heroin trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to a drug charge.
- 2 Turkish journalists jailed over Syria smuggling reports Updated: Nov-26-15 4:11 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - In new blow to media freedoms in Turkey, a court on Thursday ordered two prominent opposition journalists jailed pending trial over charges of willingly aiding an armed group and of espionage for revealing state secrets for their reports on alleged arms smuggling to Syria.
- Man sentenced for pimping teens as part of business plan Updated: Nov-26-15 12:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - A 38-year-old man told a federal judge that he had dreams and a formal business plan when he got out of state prison - and he only started sex trafficking his girlfriend and three 17-year-old girls so he could raise money for his business ventures.
- Junction City man gets life for operating cocaine ring Updated: Nov-25-15 1:02 pm
JUNCTION CITY, Kansas - A Junction City man faces life in prison for his role in a cocaine trafficking ring in northeast Kansas.
- Jury convicts Boston man of smuggling drugs into Maine Updated: Nov-25-15 4:56 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Boston man who was caught smuggling heroin and cocaine into Maine last year has been found guilty of a drug charge.
- Man sentenced to life in prison for sex trafficking minors Updated: Nov-24-15 6:33 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A federal judge has sentenced a Savannah man to life in prison for his role in forcing minors into prostitution
- Fishtail man pleads guilty in meth conspiracy Updated: Nov-24-15 1:19 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 61-year-old south-central Montana man has pleaded guilty to federal charges after prosecutors say he distributed about 178 pounds of methamphetamine.
- Hearing in Jackson County human trafficking case delayed Updated: Nov-24-15 11:37 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The manager of a St. Martin spa speaks little English and needs an interpreter before federal authorities can move forward with her detention hearing.
- Man convicted of child sex trafficking gets prison time Updated: Nov-24-15 4:59 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man convicted of trying to sell a 14-year-old girl for sex has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
- Thailand indicts 2 for deadly Bangkok bombing Updated: Nov-24-15 3:39 am
BANGKOK - A Thai military court on Tuesday indicted two foreigners accused of carrying out a deadly bombing at a shrine in Bangkok but questions hang over the case because of the attackers' unclear motive and an opaque investigation.
- Mexican man sent to prison in South Texas smuggling death Updated: Nov-23-15 5:13 pm
McALLEN, Texas - A man from Mexico has been sentenced to 12½ years in prison for taking part in a human smuggling operation that resulted in the death of a woman.
- Georgia man indicted for drug trafficking in Delaware Updated: Nov-23-15 3:34 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Georgia man has been indicted on charges of trafficking heroin and cocaine in Delaware.
- Rhode Island man pleads guilty to prostitution charges Updated: Nov-23-15 12:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has pleaded guilty to taking two women from Massachusetts to Rhode Island to engage in prostitution and paying them in heroin.
- Kansas gets 'C' grade in domestic minor sex trafficking Updated: Nov-23-15 3:56 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Vancouver, Washington-based nonprofit has given Kansas a grade of "C'' for its legislation addressing domestic child sex trafficking.
- Blue Hill man arrested on heroin trafficking charge Updated: Nov-21-15 3:59 pm
BUCKSPORT, Maine - Authorities say a Blue Hill, Maine, man has been arrested on heroin trafficking charges.
- Feds indict 8 for trafficking marijuana in New Mexico Updated: Nov-21-15 12:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal prosecutors have indicted eight people, including a husband and wife who operate an Albuquerque restaurant, for allegedly trafficking marijuana and laundering the proceeds through their businesses since 2008.
- Mexico, US arrest 8 in binational sex-trafficking ring Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican and U.S. authorities say eight people have been arrested in an international trafficking ring that forced women and underage girls into prostitution.
- Guatemalan woman smuggled immigrants from India into Texas Updated: Nov-20-15 3:09 pm
HOUSTON - A Guatemalan woman has pleaded guilty to helping smuggle immigrants from India into Texas via Mexico.
- Former prison guard gets 2 years for accepting bribes Updated: Nov-20-15 2:43 pm
OCALA, Florida - A former corrections officer at a federal prison in central Florida has been sentenced to two years in prison for accepting bribes.
- Kodiak man gets 5 years for meth trafficking Updated: Nov-20-15 2:23 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 55-year-old Kodiak man will spend five years in a federal prison for trafficking methamphetamine.
- Airstrikes hurt, but don't halt, IS oil smuggling operations Updated: Nov-20-15 2:09 pm
BEIRUT - The United States and Russia are going after the Islamic State group's oil industry, destroying refineries and hundreds of tanker trucks transporting oil from eastern Syria in a heavy bombardment in recent days aiming to break the extremists' biggest source of income.