- Advocates plan trafficking awareness efforts ahead of RNC Updated: Feb-07-16 3:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Social service organizations and law enforcement agencies are planning a campaign to raise awareness of a possible increase in forced prostitution and labor trafficking while crowds are in Cleveland for the upcoming Republican National Convention.
- 4 Shelby County jailers sentenced in pill scheme Updated: Feb-07-16 12:57 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Prosecutors say four former sheriff's employees have been sentenced to federal prison in a scheme to smuggle what they thought were OxyContin pills in the Shelby County Jail.
- Idaho grand jury indicts Washington state man on drug charge Updated: Feb-06-16 5:18 pm
JEROME, Idaho - A Washington state man who was arrested in Idaho on drug trafficking charges last year has been indicted on a federal drug charge.
- Tennessee, Georgia authorities crack down on sex trafficking Updated: Feb-06-16 3:21 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say more than 20 people have been arrested on charges related to sex trafficking and online exploitation of children in Tennessee and Georgia.
- New York nurse charged with smuggling razors, pot into jail Updated: Feb-06-16 11:33 am
NEW YORK - A nurse at a New York jail has been charged with smuggling razors and synthetic marijuana to inmates.
- Heroin trafficker in South Texas gets 32 years in prison Updated: Feb-06-16 10:02 am
LAREDO, Texas - A convicted drug trafficker from Laredo has been sentenced to 32 years in prison for helping smuggle heroin from Mexico into Texas.
- Ohio man sentenced to almost 12 years in heroin case in La. Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 am
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Attorney in New Orleans says an Ohio man has been sentenced to 11 years and eight months in prison for heroin distribution.
- NHP: Man to face federal charges in Vegas drug luggage case Updated: Feb-05-16 5:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a passenger faces a federal drug trafficking charge after he was arrested at the airport in Las Vegas with several pounds of drugs in his checked luggage.
- Sierra Vista police: Narcotics investigation nets 9 arrests Updated: Feb-05-16 3:36 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Sierra Vista police say the arrests of nine residents of the southeastern Arizona city cap an investigation of methamphetamine and heroin trafficking.
- Man accused of forcing Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution Updated: Feb-05-16 3:09 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A North Carolina man has been arrested on charges that he forced a 19-year-old female Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution.
- Man accused of forcing Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution Updated: Feb-05-16 12:26 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities accuse a Fayetteville man of forcing a 19-year-old Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution.
- Canadian man sentenced in NY for smuggling 12 people into US Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A 39-year-old Canadian man has been sentenced to five years in an American federal prison for illegally smuggling 12 people across the border into the United States.
- Pennsylvania man pleads guilty to role in drug ring Updated: Feb-05-16 3:05 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty to participating in a ring that sold heroin and prescription drugs in West Virginia.
- New York guard accused of smuggling drugs in sock into jail Updated: Feb-04-16 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - A sprawling investigation into contraband smuggling at the city's largest jail complex that has resulted in more than two dozen arrests has landed a jail guard in handcuffs after he was caught trying to smuggle in synthetic marijuana hidden in his socks, officials said Thursday.
- Columbus joins airports boosting human trafficking awareness Updated: Feb-04-16 4:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus airport is joining its counterparts nationwide in training employees to recognize signs of human trafficking in an effort to curb exploitation.
- Cops: Jailed NY man hid prescription drugs in prosthetic leg Updated: Feb-04-16 8:52 am
QUEENSBURY, New York - Authorities say a 40-year-old man has been caught trying to smuggle prescription drugs into an upstate New York jail in his prosthetic leg after being arrested for assaulting his girlfriend.
- Man pleads guilty in sex slavery ring case Updated: Feb-04-16 8:17 am
NEW ORLEANS - Federal prosecutor say the ringleader of an interstate sex-trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to multiple counts after admitting he enslaved more than 10 women at a New Orleans hotel.
- Illinois businesses now must post human-trafficking hotline Updated: Feb-04-16 4:31 am
CHICAGO - A new law is requiring many Illinois businesses to post information about a human trafficking hotline in an attempt to curb what officials call "modern-day slavery."
- Former prison guard gets 57 month prison term Updated: Feb-03-16 7:24 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A former Anamosa correctional officer has been sentenced in U.S. District Court to over four years in prison for smuggling contraband and being a drug user while possessing a firearm on duty.
- Man charged under new Virginia sex trafficking law convicted Updated: Feb-03-16 10:38 am
HENRICO, Virginia - A North Carolina man has been convicted in Virginia's first case of commercial sex trafficking under a new law.
- Police seize heroin valued at $2.4M in New Jersey hotel Updated: Feb-03-16 8:04 am
SECAUCUS, New Jersey - New Jersey state troopers and members of the New York Drug Enforcement Task Force say they have seized heroin with a street value of $2.4 million.
- Kansas woman pleads guilty to sex trafficking conspiracy Updated: Feb-03-16 5:01 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A 22-year-old Kansas woman has pleaded guilty to taking a 17-year-old to a hotel last year for the purpose of prostituting her.
- Narcotics investigation leads to 26 arrests in New Mexico Updated: Feb-03-16 5:00 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - State police say a three-month narcotics investigation in the Las Cruces area has netted more than two dozen arrests.
- Utah bill could allow executions of human traffickers Updated: Feb-02-16 6:57 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A proposal approved by a panel of Utah lawmakers Tuesday could allow the state to execute someone convicted of human trafficking if the victim later dies because of the crime.
- Child-Sex trafficking suspect, ex-fugitive, pleads guilty Updated: Feb-02-16 3:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man who fled to Mississippi to avoid child-sex trafficking charges has pleaded guilty.