- Women's World Cup victors honored with rally in Los Angeles Updated: Jul-06-15 10:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Women's World Cup champions are back in the U.S. and will be honored with a rally in Los Angeles.
- NY looking into parade for US women after World Cup win Updated: Jul-06-15 10:05 pm
NEW YORK - The city is talking to the U.S. women's soccer team about the possibility of a parade following its World Cup victory.
- Women's World Cup final seen by record 26.7 million in US Updated: Jul-06-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - The United States' win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final was the most viewed soccer game in the history of American television.
- US enjoys 1 final title celebration before leaving Canada Updated: Jul-06-15 5:33 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Megan Rapinoe strolled around taking selfies, occasionally sipping bubbly with her teammates and trying to balance the Women's World Cup championship trophy on her head.
- World Cup moments distanced women from FIFA scandal Updated: Jul-06-15 5:32 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - For a few moments over the past month, the Women's World Cup seemed to push aside the FIFA scandal that is simmering a half planet away.
- English FA apology for tweet about Women's World Cup team Updated: Jul-06-15 3:29 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association apologized for a tweet it subsequently deleted about its Women's World Cup team which prompted criticism across social media on Monday.
- World Cup champion Carli Lloyd eying return in 4 years Updated: Jul-06-15 3:22 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey native and World Cup champion Carli Lloyd says she thinks she will return to defend the United States' title in four years.
- Yemen forfeits World Cup qualifier for ineligible player Updated: Jul-06-15 3:20 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has ordered Yemen to forfeit a World Cup qualifying match for fielding a player who was technically banned.
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years Updated: Jul-06-15 2:32 pm
GENEVA - The official chosen by FIFA to inspect 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosting candidates was banned from soccer for seven years on Monday for breaking ethics rules.
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal Updated: Jul-06-15 1:11 pm
GENEVA - Plunged into crisis by a second FIFA bribery scandal in four years, the CONCACAF soccer body wants to pass sweeping new leadership rules to help rebuild.
- Poll: Russians losing interest in soccer ahead of World Cup Updated: Jul-06-15 12:57 pm
MOSCOW - Even as Russia prepares to host the 2018 World Cup, football's popularity there is plummeting to record levels.
- City celebrates 3 Chicago players on US World Cup team Updated: Jul-06-15 10:00 am
CHICAGO - Three Chicago Red Stars players are on the U.S. women's soccer team that won the World Cup and the city is celebrating.
- Indiana celebrates US women's World Cup victory over Japan Updated: Jul-06-15 9:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Soccer fans in Indiana celebrated the U.S. women's soccer team winning the World Cup over Japan, with Indy Eleven celebrating while viewing their team's fall opener against the New York Cosmos.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - For a brief time Sunday night, Carli Lloyd's Wikipedia page listed her position as "President of the United States."
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes Updated: Jul-06-15 2:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - During their recent run of success, the Portland Timbers have talked about how important it has been to get contributions from everyone on the team.
- Enveloped in controversy, Solo leaves as World Cup winner Updated: Jul-06-15 12:44 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Hope Solo walked out of BC Place on Sunday night with two pieces of coveted hardware and for the time being, more focus on her skill as a goalkeeper and less on her off-field travails.
- Japan emotional after World Cup loss Updated: Jul-06-15 12:32 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan clearly was not ready for Carli Lloyd.
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final Updated: Jul-05-15 11:53 pm
Keys to the United States' 5-2 win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Abby Wambach's World Cup finale comes with coveted trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 11:39 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Abby Wambach lifted American coach Jill Ellis after the final whistle. She ran to the stands for a hug from her wife. And then along with Christie Rampone, she became the first American to lift the Women's World Cup championship trophy in 16 years.
- The Latest: Carli Lloyd wins Golden Ball as top player Updated: Jul-05-15 9:22 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The latest from the Women's World Cup final (all times local):
- FIFA executive Issa Hayatou to present World Cup trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 5:42 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - FIFA confirms that Senior Vice President Issa Hayatou will present the championship trophy at the Women's World Cup.
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering Updated: Jul-05-15 10:50 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America ended with Chile celebrating a long-awaited triumph and Argentina left wondering how much longer its title drought will last.
- Burlington holds watch party for US final match in World Cup Updated: Jul-05-15 9:28 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The mayor and the city of Burlington are inviting soccer fans to cheer on the U.S. in its final match in the Women's World Cup.
- Nigeria fires Stephen Keshi as coach of national team Updated: Jul-05-15 9:14 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's football federation has fired national coach Stephen Keshi amid charges he applied for a job with the Ivory Coast team.
- Carlos to manage Delhi team in Indian Super League Updated: Jul-05-15 5:39 am
NEW DELHI - Former Brazil and Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos will manage the Delhi Dynamos for the upcoming edition of the Indian Super League.