- NASL's Armada hire former US goalkeeper Tony Meola as coach Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Armada have hired former national team goalkeeper Tony Meola as coach and technical director of the North American Soccer League club.
- Chicago Fire of MLS hires Valjko Paunovic as coach Updated: Nov-24-15 2:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Fire have hired Serbian Veljko Paunovic as coach to replace the fired Frank Yallop.
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- French and Russian authorities to increase fan zone security Updated: Nov-24-15 9:16 am
PARIS - French and Russian authorities plan to increase security at fan zones at next year's European Championship and the 2018 World Cup following the attacks in Paris.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Columbus to host US World Cup qualifier against Guatemala Updated: Nov-23-15 2:18 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. will play its March 29 World Cup qualifier against Guatemala at Columbus, Ohio.
- FIFA President Blatter says he was near death in hospital Updated: Nov-23-15 7:07 am
ZURICH - Without specifying his illness, Sepp Blatter said in excerpts from a television interview that he was near death when hospitalized for stress-related problems this month.
- Syrian soccer player-turned-refugee in Iraq mulls options Updated: Nov-23-15 2:16 am
IRBIL, Iraq - For a while, it seemed Nosheen Hanaan's dream was coming true: The budding star qualified to be goalie on Syria's national soccer team at the age of 18 after earning a reputation for his fierce blocking on al-Hurriya, a league team from the northern city of Aleppo.
- In Barca's big win, Iniesta wins over Madrid smarting fans Updated: Nov-22-15 8:12 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Andres Iniesta has won it all with Barcelona, even the applause of its fiercest rival's fans.
- Franz Beckenbauer says 'I signed everything* Updated: Nov-20-15 4:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Franz Beckenbauer says a contract he signed with former high-ranking FIFA official Jack Warner ahead of the vote to decide the host of the 2006 World Cup was an aid package.
- FIFA to draw African World Cup qualifying groups in June Updated: Nov-20-15 8:55 am
ZURICH - The final round of African qualifying groups for the 2018 World Cup will be drawn in June.
- Platini appeals to CAS against suspension by FIFA Updated: Nov-20-15 6:15 am
PARIS - Suspended UEFA president Michel Platini has lodged an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against his 90-day ban.
- Carli Lloyd says she trains every day, has eyes on Rio Updated: Nov-19-15 6:39 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Soccer star Carli Lloyd said Thursday she trains every day, including holidays and while on vacation, because it makes the difference between being good and being great.
- Orlando, Seattle among 10 US cities hosting Copa Centenario Updated: Nov-19-15 5:49 pm
MIAMI - The Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida, CenturyLink Field in Seattle and Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, are among the 10 venues for the 2016 Copa America Centenario.
- Adidas boss says FIFA chief should have term, age limits Updated: Nov-19-15 12:45 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - The chief executive officer of Adidas says a new president of FIFA is not enough and that the world body of football should introduce limits on the term and age of its future leaders.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- Anti-corruption group study says FIFA members too secretive Updated: Nov-19-15 10:13 am
ZURICH - Too many FIFA member federations are secretive about what they do and how they spend money, according to an anti-corruption monitor's study.
- Orlando will host 3 Copa America Centenario games in 2016 Updated: Nov-19-15 7:55 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Orlando will host three games in next summer's Copa America Centenario, a soccer tournament taking place in 12 U.S.
- Guangzhou offers hope for China fans as national team slumps Updated: Nov-18-15 9:06 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - As Guangzhou Evergrande plays for its second Asian Champions League title in three years Saturday, the influx of money, big name stars and coaches to the Chinese Super League has done little to halt the continuing woes of China's national team.
- Chile soccer federation says its president resigned Updated: Nov-18-15 4:45 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The president of Chile's soccer federation has officially resigned after he refused to answer questions over his possible links to the corruption scandal at world soccer governing body FIFA, the federation said on Wednesday.
- Prince Ali: Violence shouldn't force soccer out of countries Updated: Nov-18-15 1:06 pm
LONDON - Violence should not force teams to play matches outside their home countries, FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Wednesday.
- AP Interview: FIFA hopeful Infantino plans 40-team World Cup Updated: Nov-10-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - The World Cup could be expanded by eight teams to 40 if Gianni Infantino is elected FIFA president.
- Caitlyn Jenner: Last 6 months have been 'eye-opening' Updated: Nov-10-15 2:56 am
NEW YORK - Caitlyn Jenner took the stage at Glamour magazine's Women of the Year awards and told an admiring crowd that the six months since she came out as a woman have been "the most eye-opening experience of my life."
- USSF recommends ban on headers for players 10 and under Updated: Nov-09-15 9:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Soccer Federation is recommending a ban on headers for players 10 and under, limits for players between 11 and 13 and having medical professionals rather than coaches make decisions on whether players suspected of concussions can remain in games.