- German nationalist slammed over black soccer player comment Updated: May-29-16 6:24 am
BERLIN - A top member of a rising German nationalist party is drawing criticism for saying many people wouldn't want Jerome Boateng, a key player on Germany's national soccer team whose father was born in Ghana, as their neighbor.
- Pulisic gets 1st goal as US tops Bolivia 4-0 in Copa tuneup Updated: May-29-16 1:54 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Six weeks after becoming the youngest foreigner to score in the Bundesliga, 17-year-old Christian Pulisic became the youngest American in the modern era to get a goal for the national team.
- Peru beats El Salvador 3-1 in friendly at RFK Updated: May-28-16 10:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Raul Ruidiaz, Andy Polo and Yoshimar Yotun scored in Peru's 3-1 victory over El Salvador 3-1 on Saturday night in an international friendly at RFK Stadium one week ahead of the Copa America.
- The Latest: Real Madrid targets more trophies Updated: May-28-16 7:11 pm
MILAN - The Latest on the Champions League final (all times local):
- France's Mathieu out of Euro 2016 with calf injury Updated: May-28-16 9:56 am
PARIS - France's defensive woes worsened on Saturday as Jeremy Mathieu was ruled out of the European Championship with a calf injury.
- Grigg gets Northern Ireland call for Euro 2016 Updated: May-28-16 9:55 am
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Will Grigg has been chosen as Northern Ireland's fourth striker for the European Championship, a day after scoring his first international goal.
- FIFA: 'Ludicrous' to claim Infantino plot to remove Scala Updated: May-28-16 8:50 am
MILAN - FIFA says it is "ludicrous" to claim President Gianni Infantino plotted to oust the official who oversaw the salary offer he refused to accept.
- Fruitless effort: Sports writer tries goalkeeping vs pros Updated: May-28-16 2:16 am
TUKWILA, Washington - Brad Evans is usually among the most easygoing members of the Seattle Sounders.
- Northern Ireland beats Belarus 3-0 in warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: May-27-16 5:24 pm
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland had the ideal Belfast send-off before the European Championship by beating Belarus 3-0 on Friday to extend its undefeated run to 11 games.
- Ireland draws 1-1 with Netherlands in Euro 2016 warmup Updated: May-27-16 5:13 pm
DUBLIN - Ireland conceded an 85th-minute equalizer to draw 1-1 with the Netherlands on Friday in its latest warmup match before competing in the European Championship.
- Early strike by Kramaric as Croatia beats Moldova 1-0 Updated: May-27-16 4:56 pm
KOPRIVNICA, Croatia - Andrej Kramaric scored early to give Croatia a 1-0 win Friday against Moldova in a warmup match for the European Championship.
- Brazil's Dunga names Kaka to replace injured Douglas Costa Updated: May-27-16 4:36 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga has called up Orlando City midfielder Kaka to replace Bayern Munich's Douglas Costa, who is out of the Copa America Centenario with an injured left thigh.
- Czechs beat Malta 6-0 in warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: May-27-16 2:05 pm
KUFSTEIN, Austria - The Czech Republic opened its final stage of preparations for the European Championship with a 6-0 victory over Malta on Friday.
- Adam Nemec scores 2 for Slovakia in 3-1 win over Georgia Updated: May-27-16 1:39 pm
WELS, Austria - Adam Nemec struck twice to lead Slovakia to a 3-1 victory over Georgia on Friday in a warmup match for the European Championship.
- Croatia gets 2-match World Cup stadium ban for fascist chant Updated: May-27-16 11:38 am
ZURICH - Croatia has been ordered to play two World Cup qualifying matches in empty stadiums for repeated cases of fans chanting fascist slogans.
- Champions League final in Milan highlights Serie A's crisis Updated: May-26-16 10:02 pm
MILAN - AC Milan failed to qualify for Europe for a third straight season and club president Silvio Berlusconi is in negotiations to sell a majority stake in the club to a group of Chinese investors.
- Judge hears arguments on US women's team strike rights Updated: May-26-16 5:55 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge heard arguments Thursday on whether the world champion U.S. women's soccer team has the right to strike for improved conditions and wages before this year's Summer Olympics, with her pending decision potentially carrying far-reaching consequences for American soccer.
- Sturridge injured again, Rashford set for England debut Updated: May-26-16 2:24 pm
GATESHEAD, England - England striker Daniel Sturridge has picked up another injury, potentially affecting his chances of being selected for the European Championship.
- US women to play match against South Africa in July Updated: May-26-16 2:10 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. women's national team will play South Africa on July 9 in Chicago in the first of two send-off matches before the Rio Olympics.
- Dumitru, coach who escaped communist Romania, dies at 76 Updated: May-26-16 12:37 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Ted Dumitru, the former South African national soccer team coach whose 40-year career took him from communist Romania to Turkey, Germany, the United States and across Africa, died Thursday. He was 76.
- France's growing labor standoff: What could happen next? Updated: May-26-16 8:08 am
PARIS - France's Socialist President Francois Hollande is engaged in the biggest test of his presidency, facing months of protests and strikes against a labor law that are threatening nationwide fuel shortages.
- Nagbe's 90th-minute goal lifts US over Ecuador 1-0 Updated: May-26-16 12:01 am
FRISCO, Texas - Darlington Nagbe's first international goal was a lift for the United States in its next-to-last tuneup before hosting next month's Copa America.
- Christie Rampone says she's not healthy enough to train Updated: May-25-16 7:22 pm
CHICAGO - Veteran defender Christie Rampone says she's not healthy enough to be part of the U.S. national team's training camp for a pair of matches early next month against Japan.
- Meg Morris making the most of her time with NWSL's Thorns Updated: May-25-16 7:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - When Thorns coach Mark Parsons phoned Meg Morris last month about possibly coming to Portland, she offered to pay for her own plane ticket and hotel room.
- The Latest: Le Havre citizens not worried about lack of fuel Updated: May-25-16 4:30 pm
PARIS - The Latest on France's strikes and protests against the government's labor reforms (all times local):