- Feds recommend against building southeast Idaho dam Updated: Oct-01-15 5:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An analysis by federal authorities of a proposed dam in southeast Idaho on the Bear River has resulted in a recommendation against going forward with the project.
- Officials: Removal of Gorge Dam is possible, would cost $70M Updated: Sep-25-15 3:36 am
CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio - Officials confirm it's possible to remove the 57-foot-high Gorge Dam along the Cuyahoga River and say the preferred demolition plan would cost roughly $70 million to execute.
- 'Third Straw' uncapped to provide Lake Mead water to Vegas Updated: Sep-23-15 11:34 pm
LAS VEGAS - The intake was unplugged Wednesday to finish flooding an $817 million tunnel and complete a complicated and perilous "Third Straw" project to draw drinking water for Las Vegas from a shrinking Lake Mead.
- NY agency will dismantle flood-damaged Adirondack dam Updated: Sep-13-15 7:00 am
LAKE PLACID, New York - Work is slated to begin shortly on the first stage of removal of Marcy Dam in the Adirondack High Peaks.
- Districts to acquire Niobrara River rights from utility Updated: Sep-11-15 12:15 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Public Power District has agreed to shut down a hydropower dam and sell its Niobrara River water rights in a deal that could end an eight-year struggle and provide the buyers with legal access to more water for recreation, conservation and irrigation.
- Rhode Island demolishing dam due to flood concerns Updated: Sep-11-15 3:38 am
WESTERLY, Rhode Island - A dam along the Pawcatuck River is being dismantled after hundreds of dams have contributed to severe flooding in Rhode Island.
- Judge blocks lower Yellowstone dam over fish worries Updated: Sep-08-15 11:51 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A federal judge has blocked construction of a dam along the Yellowstone River near the Montana-North Dakota border over worries that it could harm an endangered fish population.
- Removal of Groton dam opens Wells River to fish and flood Updated: Sep-05-15 10:01 am
GROTON, Vermont - Minutes after an excavator chiseled a passage through a century-old dam, a small fish swam up the Wells River over what had just been an impassable waterfall.