- Many low-income families turned away from pre-K program Updated: Nov-30-15 3:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The majority of families who applied for Indiana's new preschool pilot program for disadvantaged children were turned away due to limited funding.
- Study: US preschool enrollment low among developed nations Updated: Nov-24-15 6:11 am
Sixty-six percent of American 4-year-olds are enrolled in early childhood education, placing the United States well below average compared to other developed countries at a time of increasing focus on early learning, according to a report released Tuesday.
- EXCHANGE: New iPad to serve voiceless Mendon child Updated: Nov-19-15 6:22 am
MENDON, Illinois - Nolan Mealiff is an energetic 3-year-old boy with lots to say.
- EXCHANGE: Preschools prepare kids for kindergarten Updated: Nov-06-15 6:14 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - Everything in the classroom is low to the ground.
- USC students schedule 24-hour blitz to market nonprofits Updated: Nov-06-15 4:02 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Several South Carolina nonprofit organizations are getting help polishing their messages through a 24-hour work blitz with University of South Carolina marketing students and their mentors.
- Kenney wants pre-K programs in place by next fall Updated: Nov-04-15 1:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's next mayor says he wants to get universal prekindergarten in place by next fall.
- Donors who support early childhood education get tax credits Updated: Nov-02-15 12:40 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Over the past few weeks, donors have pledged $35,000 to help support an agency that provides training and support to people who work with Lafayette Parish preschoolers.