- Candidates for governor propose privatizing parks Updated: Jul-28-15 7:23 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - How will Kentucky's next governor help pay for a $14 billion shortfall in public school teacher pensions and adding an extra 400,000 people to Medicaid? By cutting loose a portion of the state's 49 state parks.
- Zumba a step toward helping Updated: Jul-26-15 6:14 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Nicole Morris said getting certified in Zumba instruction is in line with her plans for her future of helping the elderly and young people with special needs.
- NYC to offer signing, retention bonuses for pre-K teachers Updated: Jul-22-15 8:07 pm
NEW YORK - Teachers at prekindergarten programs offered by community-based early childhood centers in New York City will receive a $2,500 signing bonus and a $3,500 retention bonus, officials said Wednesday.
- Georgia's Pre-K Program to welcome 84,000 4 year olds Updated: Jul-22-15 4:06 am
ATLANTA - Georgia's Pre-K Program will welcome 84,000 4 year olds this school year.
- Arizona among worst in nation for kids' quality of life Updated: Jul-21-15 11:02 am
PHOENIX - The well-being of Arizona kids is among the worst in the nation for the second year in a row.
- NY audit rejects some preschool special education costs Updated: Jul-19-15 8:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York auditors say some expenses submitted by a special education preschool in Brooklyn shouldn't be reimbursed by the government.