- Trump scraps endorsement event after black pastors object Updated: Nov-30-15 12:14 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has cancelled a press conference in which his campaign said he would be endorsed by as many as 100 black evangelical religious leaders. Many of those invited to the event say they had no intention of endorsing the billionaire businessman and former reality television star.
- Clinton vows hundreds of billions for infrastructure, jobs Updated: Nov-29-15 8:48 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Hillary Rodham Clinton unveiled the first piece of a new jobs agenda on Sunday, promising hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh federal spending in an effort to compete with the liberal economic policies of her primary challengers.
- Carson after tour: Syrian refugees don't want to come to US Updated: Nov-29-15 2:08 am
AZRAQ REFUGEE CAMP, Jordan - After touring Syrian refugee camps in Jordan, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Saturday suggested that camps should serve as a long-term solution for millions, while other refugees could be absorbed by Middle Eastern countries.
- Tech Town Hall to feature candidates in Iowa, New Hampshire Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - While they're used to facing Iowa and New Hampshire voters separately, presidential candidates will be questioned by both groups at the same time.
- After Paris, US political shift on privacy vs. security Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The Paris attacks have renewed debate on the U.S. government's post-Sept. 11 domestic surveillance laws, leading to efforts to revive the issue on Capitol Hill and handing Marco Rubio an opening against Ted Cruz in the Republican presidential race.
- What to know about 'BernieCare,' Sanders' health overhaul Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The most ambitious "repeal and replace" health care plan from a presidential candidate comes from Sen. Bernie Sanders, not from a Republican.
- Rubio to hold rally in Guntersville on Tuesday Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Marco Rubio is bringing his presidential campaign to Alabama on Tuesday.
- Carson visiting Syrian refugees in Jordan Updated: Nov-28-15 12:18 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson is in the Middle East this weekend to meet with Syrian refugees.
- Hillary Clinton plans fundraising stop in Tulsa Updated: Nov-27-15 3:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is planning a fundraising stop early next month in Tulsa.
- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Local free community college plans may be template for US Updated: Nov-27-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - An economic engine. A jumpstart for lower-income students. A partnership with businesses to groom a workforce. The idea of free community college has been touted as all these, by President Barack Obama, Democratic presidential candidates, and some Republicans.
- Trump to campaign in Sarasota Updated: Nov-27-15 6:50 am
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate front-runner Donald Trump returns to Florida for a campaign rally on Saturday.
- Ohio hospitals already preparing for GOP National Convention Updated: Nov-26-15 9:47 am
CLEVELAND - Hospitals around Cleveland are beginning to prepare for next year's Republican National Convention and an influx of up to 50,000 visitors.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Huckabee recovering after knee surgery in Little Rock Updated: Nov-25-15 3:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is recovering after undergoing knee surgery Wednesday, a spokeswoman said.
- Rubio: Obama administration continues to make US less safe Updated: Nov-25-15 3:12 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio said in South Carolina on Wednesday that the Obama administration is making the United States less safe instead of more secure.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.
- Another $48M taken from roadwork, steered to plug deficit Updated: Nov-25-15 10:25 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Despite criticism, Gov. Bobby Jindal has taken $48 million that would have been used on roads and bridges and used it instead to plug this year's budget deficit.
- Clinton sets mid-December organizing event in Minneapolis Updated: Nov-25-15 9:07 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is planning a mid-December campaign stop in Minnesota.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- Sanders outlines plan to overhaul immigration laws Updated: Nov-24-15 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vowed Tuesday to create a "humane" immigration system and said if elected he would expand upon President Barack Obama's executive actions within the first 100 days of assuming the presidency.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- GOP's Carly Fiorina coming to Reno after Las Vegas debate Updated: Nov-24-15 2:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is headed to Reno after the Republican debate in Las Vegas next month.
- Republican contender Jeb Bush names Louisiana campaign team Updated: Nov-24-15 1:31 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has named his Louisiana steering committee and finance chairs, ahead of the state's March 5 primary.