- North Korea's UK ambassador rejects Trump's offer of talks Updated: May-24-16 1:13 pm
LONDON - North Korea's ambassador to Britain said Tuesday that his country has no interest in presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's offer to open nuclear talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
- Key Walker supporter serving on Trump committee Updated: May-24-16 1:12 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two of Gov. Scott Walker's major supporters are serving on a committee created to support Donald Trump.
- Congressional candidate in Ohio knocked off November ballot Updated: May-24-16 1:07 pm
CINCINNATI - The Green Party candidate vying to fill John Boehner's (BAY'-nurz) unexpired congressional term in a special June election won't be eligible to run under that party's banner for the seat's full two-year term.
- Washington's presidential primary only counts for the GOP Updated: May-24-16 12:49 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state voters will weigh in with their choice for Republican and Democratic presidential nominees, but the results only count on the GOP side.
- Witness says recent Wisconsin voting laws are discriminatory Updated: May-24-16 11:52 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Recent Wisconsin laws limiting voting hours and requiring people to present photo identification at the polls, taken together, amount to state-sponsored discrimination, a political historian testified Tuesday in federal court.
- Sanders wants David to keep his job on 'Saturday Night Live' Updated: May-24-16 10:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders says comedian Larry David shouldn't worry about his role on NBC's "Saturday Night Live."
- Trump proposes wall to protect golf resort from rising seas Updated: May-24-16 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump wants to build another huge wall, this time to keep out the rising seas threatening to swamp his luxury golf resort in Ireland.
- Clinton campaign declines invitation to California debate Updated: May-24-16 8:30 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton has declined an invitation from Fox News to participate in a debate with rival Bernie Sanders in California before that state's June 7 primary.
- Sanders: Democratic convention could be 'messy' Updated: May-24-16 8:30 am
LOS ANGELES - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders says the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia and his push to make the party more inclusive could get "messy" but asserts in an interview with The Associated Press: "Democracy is not always nice and quiet and gentle."
- Bill Clinton, Donald Trump take campaign show to New Mexico Updated: May-24-16 3:56 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Northern New Mexico will be getting a visit Tuesday from former President Bill Clinton as he stumps for his wife, Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, ahead of the state's June 7 primary.
- Legal cases could affect how Texans cast ballots in November Updated: May-24-16 1:39 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A flurry of legal activity this year could affect how 14 million registered Texas voters cast ballots in November's presidential election.
- Ohio county to buy 4 mobile cameras, use at GOP convention Updated: May-24-16 12:43 am
CLEVELAND - Monitored security cameras will be used to watch people on the street during this summer's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
- Walker owes nearly $900,000 from presidential campaign Updated: May-23-16 6:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is gradually paying off hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from his failed presidential bid primarily by renting out his email and donor lists to other candidates.
- Before island's primary, Sanders criticizes Puerto Rico plan Updated: May-23-16 5:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Two weeks before Puerto Rico's primary, Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders says a deal between House leaders and the Obama administration to help the island out of debt has colonialist overtones.
- Police hope Albuquerque Trump protests don't spark 'chaos' Updated: May-23-16 5:17 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say they are hoping planned protests targeting GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump's Albuquerque visit don't turn into "chaos."
- Hillary Clinton heading back to Vegas for speech to union Updated: May-23-16 3:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is returning to Las Vegas this week for a speech to a union.
- Sanders backing brings big dollars to DNC chair's challenger Updated: May-23-16 3:30 pm
MIAMI - The primary opponent challenging Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz says he raised more than $250,000 over the weekend after Bernie Sanders penned a fundraising letter endorsing his campaign.
- Most House GOP women in tough races biding time on Trump Updated: May-23-16 1:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Before deciding if she'll vote for Donald Trump, Martha McSally says she'll spend time "determining what kind of man he is." Mia Love says some comments by the presumptive Republican presidential candidate need "some sort of explanation," while Renee Ellmers backs him because he's "a problem solver."
- Clinton email probe in late stage, FBI may question her Updated: May-23-16 12:14 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI agents probing whether Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server imperiled government secrets appear close to completing their work, a process experts say will probably culminate in a sit-down with the former secretary of state.
- Correction: Campaign 2016-Foreign Hacking story Updated: May-23-16 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - In a story May 18 about possible foreign hacking into presidential campaigns, The Associated Press used the wrong configuration for the name of the chief executive officer of PKWARE. His name is V. Miller Newton, not V. Newton Miller.
- Wild US election fascinates, worries Iran after nuclear deal Updated: May-23-16 4:17 am
TEHRAN, Iran - After decades of officially-imposed detachment from the "Great Satan," Iranians are this time transfixed by the wild U.S. presidential campaign, mindful that the next White House occupant could have direct impact on their lives.
- Dayton signs law moving Minnesota to presidential primary Updated: May-22-16 7:10 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton has signed a bill into law replacing the state's caucus system with a presidential primary.
- Florida's Grayson: At least they're not calling me Hitler Updated: May-22-16 6:45 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Democrat Alan Grayson has been dubbed "Angry Alan" by his Senate opponent, compared to Republican Donald Trump for his penchant for earning headlines with his mouth and has become the whipping post for some in the Washington party establishment who hope he loses Florida's primary.
- Hillary Clinton set to address union convention in Detroit Updated: May-22-16 5:00 pm
DETROIT - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is scheduled to campaign in Detroit before more than 3,000 union members.
- Cuban would consider being running mate for Trump or Clinton Updated: May-22-16 1:28 pm
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says he'd "absolutely" consider being Republican Donald Trump's running mate. He'd also "absolutely" consider being Democrat Hillary Clinton's.