- The Latest: Assembly agrees to labor-law signs in salons Updated: May-23-16 8:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on action by the California Legislature (all times local):
- Ocean Springs won't have RNs in schools next year Updated: May-20-16 6:27 am
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - The Ocean Springs School District will not renew contracts for its six nurses, citing lack of funding.
- Spokane jail gets $2.6 million contract for medical services Updated: May-19-16 3:21 am
SPOKANE, Washington - The Spokane County Jail has entered into a $2.6 million contract with an Alabama-based company that specializes in medical treatment for inmates as the jail has struggled with recruiting medical staff.
- Program pairs first-time mothers with nurses Updated: May-14-16 5:27 pm
LONGVIEW, Washington - London Jackson celebrated her first Mother's Day this year with her son, Taven McClure, who was born April 2.
- Report: Park City school violated diabetic student's rights Updated: May-13-16 3:36 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - A Park City school district discriminated against a diabetic kindergartner for not ensuring a nurse was available to give her insulin, federal education officials concluded in a recent report.
- Ferris State trustees OK nursing, brew management degrees Updated: May-10-16 1:45 am
BIG RAPIDS, Michigan - Trustees for Ferris State University have given approval to add a doctorate of nursing practice and an associate degree in brew management.
- NY nurses to rally at state capital for safe-staffing bill Updated: May-10-16 12:55 am
ALBANY, New York - Nurses will stage a rally Tuesday outside the state Capitol in an effort to get lawmakers to pass the Safe Staffing for Quality Care Act.
- South Texas nursing school must boost passing rates Updated: May-08-16 2:18 pm
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - A South Texas community college cannot accept new nursing program students as it seeks to improve lagging passing rates for the state licensing exam.
- Nurses, anesthetists authorize strike at Indiana Regional Updated: May-04-16 9:47 am
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - A union representing registered nurses and anesthetists has voted in favor of striking at the Indiana Regional Medical Center in western Pennsylvania.
- DOJ: South Dakota long-term care system violates federal law Updated: May-02-16 11:18 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's unnecessary reliance on nursing facilities to serve people with disabilities isolates those residents from their communities and violates federal law, according to the findings of a U.S. Department of Justice investigation released Monday.
- Graduating nursing students to take part in disaster drill Updated: Apr-29-16 12:22 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Graduating nursing students and faculty are going to be taking part in a mock disaster event at Rivier University in Nashua.
- Dillard suspends nursing admissions to fix low pass rate Updated: Apr-27-16 8:48 am
NEW ORLEANS - Dillard University has frozen admission to its popular nursing degree program for the fall of 2017 as it evaluates and makes improvements.
- Michigan nursing school uses mannequins for medical lessons Updated: Apr-26-16 1:42 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The leadership at the University of Michigan's nursing school says there is value in students making mistakes while treating patients.