- Graduating nursing students to take part in disaster drill Updated: Apr-29-16 12:22 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Graduating nursing students and faculty are going to be taking part in a mock disaster event at Rivier University in Nashua.
- Dillard suspends nursing admissions to fix low pass rate Updated: Apr-27-16 8:48 am
NEW ORLEANS - Dillard University has frozen admission to its popular nursing degree program for the fall of 2017 as it evaluates and makes improvements.
- Michigan nursing school uses mannequins for medical lessons Updated: Apr-26-16 1:42 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The leadership at the University of Michigan's nursing school says there is value in students making mistakes while treating patients.
- Cat nursing Chihuahua after puppy's mother killed by car Updated: Apr-22-16 1:31 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area Chihuahua is being nursed by a cat after its mother was struck and killed by a car when the puppy was two days old.
- Wisconsin nurses slower to self-report drug abuse Updated: Apr-17-16 12:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The first time Ann Stanton stole drugs, she says, came after she watched one of her patients die in intensive care.
- Mom, daughter become nurses together Updated: Apr-16-16 3:05 am
LONGVIEW, Washington - Before she started any test at nursing school, Elena Gacita often heard her mother's voice gently reminding her of any questions that could pop up.
- Kansas Wesleyan optimistic about nursing accreditation Updated: Apr-15-16 12:53 pm
SALINA, Kansas - Kansas Wesleyan University President Matt Thompson says he is optimistic the school's nursing program will regain accreditation this fall.
- Health workers get lead-test help from Flint student nurses Updated: Apr-12-16 8:33 am
FLINT, Michigan - A nurse volunteering at the free lead-testing clinic at a Flint school sensed immediately that the boy was nervous about being poked in the finger. Veronica Robinson explained to 7-year-old Zyontae that it would feel like a mosquito bite.
- Nebraska hospital must divert patients when short of nurses Updated: Apr-10-16 4:42 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A Grand Island hospital sometimes has to turn patients away because it doesn't have enough nurses available to care for them.
- Bismarck nurses visit, check in on new moms at home Updated: Apr-10-16 9:50 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Two nurses in Bismarck are conducting newborn home visits as a follow-up to hospital discharge.
- University of Missouri nursing school receives $3 million Updated: Apr-08-16 4:37 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri's nursing school has received gifts totaling $3 million to go toward construction of a new building.
- Ricketts approves whistleblower protections for nurses Updated: Apr-06-16 3:39 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Pete Ricketts has approved new whistleblower protections for nurses in Nebraska.
- DelTech to offer bachelor's degree in nursing by 2017 Updated: Apr-04-16 11:11 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Technical Community College is set to become the fourth educational institution in the state to offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program.
- Nebraska lawmakers pass whistleblower protections for nurses Updated: Mar-31-16 10:51 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill that would grant whistleblower protections for nurses in Nebraska has won final approval from lawmakers.
- FBI: Hospice nurses told to overdose patients to speed death Updated: Mar-30-16 4:44 pm
DALLAS - The owner of a Dallas-area hospice ordered nurses to increase drug dosages for patients to speed their deaths and maximize profits, according to an FBI affidavit.