- Food education center getting built at South Dakota State Updated: May-22-16 12:43 pm
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - A food education center that will include small fields, a kitchen and other features is being built at South Dakota State University.
- Imported forest pests cause $2 billion in damage annually Updated: May-17-16 12:09 am
ALBANY, New York - When Gary Lovett was studying the effect of acid rain in New York's Catskill Mountains 20 years ago, he ended the experiment early because so many trees in the test plots were dying - not from acid rain, but from insect attacks.
- Scientist program to focus on plants and climate Updated: May-13-16 7:34 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - This weekend's Sunday with a Scientist program will examine the effects of cold weather on plants.
- Royal Botanical Gardens: Mixed report on the world's plants Updated: May-09-16 7:32 pm
LONDON - A report billed as the first comprehensive look at world's plants finds a planet slowly being ravaged by changing land use, mostly conversion of forests to agriculture to feed a growing population, and climate change.
- Study: Tree disease might be unstoppable in California Updated: May-05-16 2:21 pm
DAVIS, California - An epidemic of the tree disease "sudden oak death" has surged beyond control in California, a new study shows.