- Lawyer on trial, accused of coaching witnesses to lie Updated: Aug-27-15 3:47 pm
CHICAGO - The question about how far lawyers can go in providing clients the strongest defense underlies a rare trial coming to a close in Chicago, where prosecutors accuse a prominent attorney of coaching defendants and witnesses to outright lie.
- Cleveland detective found guilty of warning raid target Updated: Aug-26-15 3:37 am
CLEVELAND - A Cleveland police detective faces up to four years in prison for warning a gas station owner about a future raid on his business for food stamp fraud.
- Detroit-area lawyer pleads guilty to obstruction of justice Updated: Aug-21-15 3:43 am
DETROIT - A Detroit-area attorney has pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, stemming from accusations that he failed to disclose a client's prior convictions in deportation proceedings.
- Ex-sheriff's captain pleads guilty in corruption case Updated: Aug-19-15 11:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - A former captain with the nation's largest sheriff's department pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying on the witness stand during a widespread misconduct investigation into abuse within the Los Angeles County jail system.
- Jennings man sentenced for 2013 New Year's Eve murder Updated: Aug-18-15 8:13 am
JENNINGS, Louisiana - A Jennings man has been sentenced to six years in prison for helping cover up the murder of a local man whose body was dumped on the side of the road on New Year's Eve in 2013.
- Man convicted of manslaughter, arson gets 70 years Updated: Aug-18-15 7:22 am
COVINGTON, Louisiana - A 24-year-old Slidell man convicted in May of manslaughter, arson and obstruction of justice in the 2012 death of Ashley King, has been sentenced to 70 years in prison.
- 3 face charges of impeding probe of 1975 slayings Updated: Aug-09-15 1:56 pm
BEDFORD, Virginia - Three people face charges of impeding an investigation of the 40-year-old slayings of two sisters who vanished from a suburban Maryland mall.
- Sheriff: Dad likely knows who killed 2 daughters, 2 others Updated: Aug-07-15 4:16 pm
ORANGEBURG, South Carolina - A man who sold drugs from the South Carolina home where his two teenage daughters and two other people were killed in July has been lying to deputies and likely knows who killed them, a sheriff said Friday.