- Murder conviction upheld for Oberlin man Updated: May-26-16 8:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - The state Supreme Court has denied a writ application filed by an Oberlin man convicted in the June 2013 stabbing death of his estranged wife.
- 3rd suspect arrested in slaying of 9-year-old Chicago boy Updated: May-16-16 11:30 am
CHICAGO - A third suspect has been arrested in the slaying of a 9-year-old boy who was lured from a Chicago playground into an alley with the promise of a juice box and shot to death.
- NFL prospect indicted on charges related to Ohio slaying Updated: May-15-16 4:50 pm
CLEVELAND - An Ohio prep football star and NFL prospect has been indicted on charges related to a fatal shooting outside a bar in suburban Cleveland.
- Suspect in Herriman woman's fatal stabbing to go to trial Updated: May-14-16 4:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A man accused of stabbing a woman to death and leaving her in a West Valley City street has been ordered to stand trial.
- High court: Former St. Charles DA Morel disbarred for life Updated: May-14-16 4:13 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Former St. Charles Parish District Attorney Harry Morel, who pleaded guilty in April to a federal obstruction of justice charge, has been permanently barred from practicing law, according to the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- In rare move, feds indict former officer in fatal shooting Updated: May-12-16 3:45 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Two things stand out about this week's indictment of a white former South Carolina police officer on federal civil rights charges in the death of unarmed black motorist Walter Scott: Such charges from the feds against an officer are relatively rare, and they send a message.
- The Latest: Lawyer: Indicted ex-cop bears burden of history Updated: May-11-16 11:59 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on a former South Carolina police officer indicted on federal charges in the death of a black motorist. (All times local):
- Ex-FBI agent pleads guilty to perjury during Bulger trial Updated: May-09-16 4:43 pm
BOSTON - A former FBI agent pleaded guilty Monday to lying repeatedly during his testimony at the trial of Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger, including claiming he was the first officer to recover the gun used to assassinate Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968.
- The Latest: Ex-FBI agent pleads guilty to perjury Updated: May-09-16 2:53 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the former FBI agent who pleaded guilty to lying on the stand during Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger's trial (all times local):
- Illinois youth home worker pleads not guilty in teen's death Updated: May-04-16 11:39 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A man who worked at a residential facility for troubled children in northern Illinois has pleaded not guilty to fatally choking a 16-year-old Chicago boy who lived there.
- Rockford girl charged in connection with teen's death Updated: May-03-16 1:01 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A 15-year-old Rockford girl has been charged in connection with the death of another teen girl whose charred remains were found outside a northern Illinois mobile home in October.
- Bond set for man arrested in death of Kenner teen Updated: May-03-16 12:57 pm
HAHNVILLE, Louisiana - Bail has been set for the man accused in the death of a 16-year-old Kenner teenager whose body was found in a St. Charles Parish ditch.
- Ex-FBI agent pleads guilty to stealing suspected drug money Updated: May-02-16 8:48 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A former FBI special agent pleaded guilty Monday to stealing more than $136,000 in suspected drug money, which led to criminal charges being dropped against more than a dozen people.