- Illinois youth home worker pleads not guilty in teen's death Updated: May-04-16 11:39 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A man who worked at a residential facility for troubled children in northern Illinois has pleaded not guilty to fatally choking a 16-year-old Chicago boy who lived there.
- Rockford girl charged in connection with teen's death Updated: May-03-16 1:01 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A 15-year-old Rockford girl has been charged in connection with the death of another teen girl whose charred remains were found outside a northern Illinois mobile home in October.
- Bond set for man arrested in death of Kenner teen Updated: May-03-16 12:57 pm
HAHNVILLE, Louisiana - Bail has been set for the man accused in the death of a 16-year-old Kenner teenager whose body was found in a St. Charles Parish ditch.
- Ex-FBI agent pleads guilty to stealing suspected drug money Updated: May-02-16 8:48 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A former FBI special agent pleaded guilty Monday to stealing more than $136,000 in suspected drug money, which led to criminal charges being dropped against more than a dozen people.
- Missing students' parents demand Mexican prosecutor be fired Updated: Apr-28-16 7:32 pm
MEXICO CITY - Parents of 43 college students who disappeared in 2014 called Thursday for the firing of the head of Mexico's criminal investigation agency, the AIC, for what they called missteps in the investigation.
- Ex-FBI agent accused of lying in Bulger case to plead guilty Updated: Apr-27-16 4:24 pm
BOSTON - A former FBI agent charged with perjury for lying during his testimony in the trial of Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger intends to plead guilty, according to a motion filed in court Wednesday by his lawyer and federal prosecutors.
- Alexandria student accused of threats involving school prom Updated: Apr-26-16 8:08 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A Louisiana high school student is facing three charges, including terrorizing, following an investigation of threats made on social media about a potential incident at the school prom.
- Jury convicts Texas doctor in biggest home health care fraud Updated: Apr-13-16 8:38 pm
DALLAS - A jury on Wednesday convicted a Dallas-area doctor of fraud for allegedly "selling his signature" to process almost $375 million in false Medicare and Medicaid claims in what investigators called the biggest home health care fraud case in the history of both programs.
- Police: Pedestrian killed in Gray; driver, 2 other arrested Updated: Apr-08-16 7:59 am
GRAY, Louisiana - State police say two men and a woman have been arrested after a pickup hit and killed a pedestrian on Louisiana Highway 24 in Gray.
- LA sheriff's former No. 2 convicted in corruption probe Updated: Apr-06-16 6:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - The former second-in-command of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department was convicted Wednesday in a corruption probe that brought down his boss and several underlings who tried to thwart a federal investigation into abuses in the nation's largest jail.
- Private Raleigh officer charged with abuse of power Updated: Apr-05-16 10:56 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The chief of a private police force in Raleigh has been accused of abusing his power in connection with four arrests during the past year.