- Prosecution: Ex-BP exec lied; defense: no motive to lie Updated: Jun-02-15 7:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former BP executive manipulated early estimates of the amount of oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico after a 2010 rig explosion to conform to a low government estimate, then lied about it to federal agents, a prosecutor told jurors Tuesday.
- The latest on Boston Marathon case: Pal gets 6-year sentence Updated: Jun-02-15 11:10 am
- Man, 24, convicted of manslaughter, arson, in stabbing death Updated: May-17-15 6:58 pm
COVINGTON, Louisiana - A 24-year-old man has been convicted of stabbing a 32-year-old Slidell woman to death in 2012, then setting her body afire.
- 2 ex-Los Angeles sheriff's brass face jail corruption charge Updated: May-15-15 5:46 am
LOS ANGELES - When Los Angeles sheriff's deputies discovered an inmate with a smuggled phone was working with the FBI to expose inmate abuse by guards, word quickly went to the upper ranks of the embattled agency.
- Oklahoma owner of Polygraph.com pleads guilty to mail fraud Updated: May-14-15 11:38 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Oklahoma City law enforcement officer and owner of "Polygraph.com" has pleaded guilty to federal obstruction of justice and mail fraud charges for allegedly training customers how to lie and conceal crimes during polygraph examinations.
- Appeals court upholds Vercher murder charge Updated: May-07-15 10:51 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - An appeals court has affirmed the second-degree murder and obstruction of justice convictions of an Oberlin man accused in the stabbing death of his estranged wife.