- Lawyer gets prison for helping witness return to China Updated: Feb-08-16 7:34 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County lawyer has been sentenced to nearly two years in federal prison for helping a Chinese witness in a federal probe into so-called birth tourism flee the United States.
- Man accused of killing co-worker found guilty of murder Updated: Feb-08-16 4:37 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A man accused of fatally stabbing a co-worker and dumping his body along a highway in Lafayette in 2014 has been found guilty on a murder charge.
- Detroit-area lawyer gets prison for obstruction of justice Updated: Feb-07-16 1:00 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area attorney who pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Woman gets 20 years in prison for death of 6-year-old girl Updated: Feb-03-16 10:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Hardin woman has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the death of her boyfriend's 6-year-old daughter.
- Woman, 2 boys arrested in Melville death Updated: Feb-03-16 9:19 am
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - St. Landry Parish deputies say a woman and two boys have been arrested in the death of a 14-year-old, whose body was found in a wooded area near Melville.
- Vermont man cuts deal for 2015 police evidence locker theft Updated: Jan-27-16 4:25 am
NEWPORT, Vermont - A 25-year-old Vermont man will serve at least eight years behind bars for breaking into the Newport City Police Department's evidence locker and stealing drugs and guns.
- Bosnian police arrests media mogul and former minister Updated: Jan-25-16 10:31 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Bosnian police have arrested a Bosnian media mogul and former security minister who is under suspicion of obstructing justice.
- Probation likely for accepting bribes for clean drug tests Updated: Jan-25-16 9:15 am
SAGINAW, Michigan - A man is expected to be sentenced to probation after authorities say he accepted bribes from Michigan parolees to give negative urine test results.
- 2 more arrested in connection with New Bedford shooting Updated: Jan-22-16 8:47 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Two more people are facing charges in connection with a fatal shooting in New Bedford on New Year's Eve.
- Israel's Olmert signs plea bargain over pressuring witness Updated: Jan-18-16 12:59 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's Justice Ministry says former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has signed a plea bargain in which he will plead guilty to obstruction of justice for pressuring a confidant not to testify in multiple legal cases against him.
- Officials: Man convicted in fraud case lied about identity Updated: Jan-16-16 10:31 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A man convicted nearly five years ago and sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in a massive credit card scheme was back in a North Dakota court recently to face two new charges related to the case - and answer a question about his true identity.
- Woman pleads guilty in Montana State student stabbing Updated: Jan-15-16 12:28 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman woman accused of stabbing a student in an apartment on the Montana State University campus has pleaded guilty to a lesser offense.
- East St. Louis man gets 25 years for weapons, drug charges Updated: Jan-14-16 7:29 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A man who authorities say was a gang leader in East St. Louis, Illinois, has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for multiple drug and weapons offenses.
- Federal charges for Vegas police officer in body-camera case Updated: Jan-12-16 8:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - A former Las Vegas police officer seen via body-camera video in a bloody confrontation while arresting a woman last year has now been indicted on federal charges, accused of a civil rights violation and lying about his use of force.