- Development plan for downtown Eugene hits snag with deed Updated: Feb-13-16 3:09 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A plan by a private entity to buy and develop an open area in downtown Eugene containing a statue of writer Ken Kesey is being complicated by a deed restricting the area to public use.
- New Year dawns in Tacoma's Lincoln District Updated: Feb-13-16 3:05 am
TACOMA, Washington - A roast pig rests on a table in the middle of Xuan Phan's Lincoln District restaurant. It is surrounded by roast chickens, fruit, rice, money, flower buds and other items.
- Martinsburg Council to vote on definition of public building Updated: Feb-09-16 1:10 pm
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Martinsburg City Council members are expected to cast the final vote on an amendment to the city's zoning ordinance that would define public buildings in a way that would prevent the Berkley County Council from opening a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in the city.
- Idaho's interim committees still working on suggestions Updated: Feb-05-16 6:59 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers who spent last summer dissecting some of the state's most contentious issues have yet to submit legislation, but key leaders remain hopeful that proposals will be finalized before the end of the session.
- Transitional housing proposed for downtown Winston Updated: Feb-02-16 10:20 am
WINSTON, Oregon - Scrawled on the boarded window of Rhonda Rummelhart's front door is a welcoming. In dripping, silver spray paint it reads: "Crazy people live here, be nice or go and stay away." There are no doormats here.
- Omaha men begin efforts for $2 million park revitalization Updated: Feb-01-16 12:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two Omaha residents are planning to revitalize a now dilapidated childhood playground in the Dundee neighborhood.
- New ideas coming for more Detroit riverfront redevelopment Updated: Jan-26-16 12:09 pm
DETROIT - Efforts to further redevelop an eastern portion of the Detroit riverfront are moving forward.
- Iowa nonprofit on track to help 150-180 birds this year Updated: Jan-23-16 5:03 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City nonprofit dedicated to rehabilitating injured and sick birds has had a busy first month.
- Mason City moves forward on downtown redevelopment plan Updated: Jan-20-16 12:50 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - City Council members in Mason City have approved two measures advancing the city's $36 million plan to redevelop the downtown area.
- Colby College wants to build a dorm in downtown Waterville Updated: Jan-19-16 11:58 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Waterville and Colby College officials are considering a plan to build a dormitory in the heart of the city to help revitalize the downtown.
- The Latest: Updates from the Democratic presidential debate Updated: Jan-17-16 9:35 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Here are the latest developments from the Democratic presidential candidates' final debate before the Feb. 1 Iowa caucuses.
- LeBron James to produce, appear in new reality TV series Updated: Jan-14-16 7:02 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James will co-produce and appear in a reality TV series called "Cleveland Hustles."
- LeBron James enters reality TV fray with 'Cleveland Hustles' Updated: Jan-14-16 5:40 pm
PASADENA, California - LeBron James is getting into reality TV. Think business, not catfights.
- Philadelphia's former top cop Ramsey joins Drexel as fellow Updated: Jan-14-16 10:34 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's newly-retired police commissioner is headed to Drexel University.