- State Treasurer Mark Gordon files suit over Capitol project Updated: May-25-16 5:08 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - State Treasurer Mark Gordon has filed a lawsuit over the state Capitol building renovation project, contending that the legislation authorizing the project is unconstitutional because it does not include the state treasurer in awarding construction contracts.
- New Mexico joining effort to rehabilitate historic theaters Updated: May-23-16 11:55 am
RATON, New Mexico - For years, the Shuler Theater in this once-booming New Mexico mining town sat empty in a desolate downtown. It had long passed its heyday as a hot spot for Italian immigrants and Hispanic workers who visited to take in a traveling show or a newly released movie.
- Agreement permits sale of Lake Texoma land for hotel Updated: May-19-16 5:35 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin says an agreement between the Commissioners of the Land Office and a developer clears the way to sell 50 acres in southern Oklahoma for development of a hotel along Lake Texoma.
- Pennsylvania district replacing coach after hazing claims Updated: May-19-16 11:36 am
LEECHBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania school district isn't renewing the contract of the boys' basketball coach in the wake of hazing allegations.
- SeaWorld rehabilitates 3 new manatees at Orlando park Updated: May-18-16 1:20 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Three new manatees are being rehabilitated at SeaWorld Orlando.
- Huntington kicks off project to redevelop brownfields sites Updated: May-17-16 1:23 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A neighborhood redevelopment project in Huntington is moving forward.
- Black Hawk statue repairs on hold in dispute over process Updated: May-11-16 2:59 pm
OREGON, Illinois - Repairs are on hold to the 105-year-old Black Hawk statue overlooking the Rock River in northern Illinois after the contractor hired to fix it bowed out of the project.
- Soccer star Zidane's childhood home in Marseille demolished Updated: May-11-16 2:33 pm
MARSEILLE, France - Soccer star Zinedine Zidane's childhood home in Marseille is being demolished, part of an urban renewal project aimed at rehabilitating a blighted area of the southern French city.
- Feds: City of Espanola trespassing on Santa Clara Pueblo Updated: May-06-16 2:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A civil complaint says Espanola is trespassing on Santa Clara Pueblo land because the city failed to renew its rights of way for its public water and sanitary sewer lines.
- Annapolis officials to celebrate opening of City Dock Updated: May-04-16 5:24 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Annapolis officials are marking the opening of the city's newly renovated City Dock.
- $21 million project links 20 miles of Detroit pathways Updated: Apr-29-16 5:52 pm
DETROIT - A $21 million project linking 20 miles of walking, running and biking paths in Detroit has wrapped up as part of an effort to boost recreation activities, better connect redeveloping neighborhoods and spur growth.
- Gaming Commission chair decries Brockton casino design Updated: Apr-27-16 7:30 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - The chairman of the state's Gaming Commission has decried the design of a proposed casino in Brockton, calling it a "great disappointment."