- In Women's World Cup viewership, new generation is older one Updated: Jul-03-15 3:47 pm
A generation of American women who grew up playing sports because of Title IX now makes up the television audience that advertisers covet.
- Fair or foul: Rough first month for WNBA officials Updated: Jul-03-15 12:18 pm
NEW YORK - Elena Delle Donne was credited with a basket on a shot that never went through the hoop. Maya Moore needed to prevent fellow WNBA star Skylar Diggins from shooting free throws that weren't hers to take.
- Brittney Griner leads Mercury to 86-55 rout over Shock Updated: Jul-03-15 1:32 am
- Ogwumike scores 27, Los Angeles gets 1st win of season Updated: Jul-03-15 1:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Nneka Ogwumike scored 27 points, Jantel Lavender had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and Los Angeles beat the San Antonio Stars 86-81 on Thursday night to snap the Sparks' team-record seven-game losing streak.
- Johnson's double-double sparks Fever over Mystics, 73-50 Updated: Jul-02-15 10:33 pm
- Quigley rallies Sky to 77-74 win over Sun Updated: Jul-02-15 9:51 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Elena Delle Donne didn't care about her free throw streak ending or her lack of points, she was just happy her team came away with a victory.
- Parents of Illinois players don't believe coach allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 9:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The parents of a current University of Illinois women's basketball player and an incoming recruit said Thursday that they don't believe the allegations made by seven former players in a lawsuit this week accusing coaches of creating racial hostility.
- Diggins and Delle Donne lead WNBA All-Star voting Updated: Jul-02-15 9:41 pm
NEW YORK - Skylar Diggins of the Tulsa Shock and Elena Delle Donne of the Chicago Sky lead their respective conferences in early returns for WNBA All-Star balloting Thursday.
- Arkansas State hires assistant women's basketball coach Updated: Jul-02-15 12:20 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State has announced the hiring of an assistant women's basketball coach.
- Shock's Skylar Diggins out for season with torn ACL Updated: Jul-01-15 6:45 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Shock guard Skylar Diggins will miss the remainder of the season after tearing her right anterior cruciate ligament.
- Tennessee enters new era with beginning of Nike contract Updated: Jul-01-15 6:14 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee is opening its doors to the Nike swoosh while bidding farewell to the Lady Vols nickname and logo in all but one sport.
- Arkansas says 1 million Hog fans passed turnstiles Updated: Jul-01-15 5:03 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas says more than 1 million paying fans passed the turnstiles to attend Razorback sporting events in the 2014-15 school year.
- New sports uniforms level the playing field for Muslim girls Updated: Jul-01-15 12:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Girls in stylish athletic wear walk the runway as the sounds of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry blare from speakers. The crowd claps and cheers as the young models strike poses with basketballs, lacrosse sticks and boxing gloves. Finally, the big reveal: the Lady Warriors community traveling basketball team takes the stage in their cardinal red uniforms.
- Bird, rookies lead Seattle Storm past Shock 74-69 Updated: Jul-01-15 12:33 am
- Griner scores 23 in 1st home game, Mercury beats Stars Updated: Jul-01-15 12:27 am
- Charles, Wiggins lead New York Liberty past Sky 89-81 Updated: Jul-01-15 12:02 am
- Catchings has 26 points and 3000th rebound in Fever win Updated: Jun-30-15 9:40 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Tamika Catchings had 26 points and 10 rebounds, including the 3,000th of her career, to help the Indiana Fever held off Connecticut 92-84 on Tuesday night to snap the Sun's seven-game winning streak.
- Kansas adds UNC transfer guard Jessica Washington Updated: Jun-30-15 9:30 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas has added North Carolina transfer guard Jessica Washington.
- Yow savors Wolfpack's work to reach goal of Top 25 status Updated: Jun-30-15 6:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Athletic director Debbie Yow has spent five years pushing to turn North Carolina State into a top-25 program. The 2014-15 sports season has brought the Wolfpack to the edge of that goal.
- Lynx G Whalen named WNBA Western Conference player of week Updated: Jun-30-15 5:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Lynx guard Lindsay Whalen has been named Western Conference Player of the Week.
- Niagara hires Jada Pierce as women's basketball coach Updated: Jun-30-15 4:00 pm
LEWISTON, New York - Niagara University has hired Saint Joseph's assistant Jada Pierce to become its women's basketball coach.
- Tulsa guard Skylar Diggins out 4 games with knee injury Updated: Jun-30-15 11:56 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa Shock guard Skylar Diggins will miss at least four games with a sprained knee.
- Los Angeles Sparks still winless after seven games Updated: Jun-29-15 3:14 am
NEW YORK - Seven games into the season and Brian Agler is still looking for his first win as the coach of the Los Angeles Sparks.
- Williams' late jumper gives Shock 8th straight win Updated: Jun-28-15 9:50 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Riquna Williams' step-back jumper put Tulsa up by two with 10.9 seconds left, and the Shock held off the Seattle Storm 93-89 on Sunday to tie the franchise record with their eighth straight victory.
- Meesseman, Dolson lead Mystics over Sky 86-71 Updated: Jun-28-15 6:45 pm