- The Latest: Berkshire investors reject climate change report Updated: Apr-30-16 8:35 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Latest on Berkshire Hathaway's annual shareholders meeting, where tens of thousands of people have listened to CEO Warren Buffett and Vice Chairman Charlie Munger talk business for several hours (all times local):
- Markets Right Now: Stocks end slightly lower on Wall Street Updated: Apr-29-16 4:10 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on global financial markets (all times local):
- Weekly Summary Corporate dividends, name changes, new listings Updated: Apr-29-16 3:15 pm
NEW YORK - Changes announced in corporate dividends Apr. 25-Apr. 29.
- Portugal wins more time for recovery after rating decision Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal and the rest of the eurozone could breathe a sigh of relief Friday after international ratings agency DBRS said it wasn't lowering Portuguese sovereign debt to junk status - a feared move that likely would have sparked a fresh bout of international jitters about the soundness of the shared currency.
- China charges brokers, fund manager with insider trading Updated: Apr-29-16 6:15 am
BEIJING - A prominent investor and the general manager of China's biggest stock brokerage have been arrested on insider trading charges, the government announced Friday, in the latest aftershock from a plunge in stock prices last year.
- Aetna tops Street 1Q forecasts, hikes 2016 forecast Updated: Apr-28-16 2:14 pm
Aetna's first-quarter earnings slid nearly 7 percent as enrollment dipped, but the nation's third-largest health insurer topped Wall Street expectations and hiked its 2016 profit forecast.
- Significant premium hikes expected under Obama health law Updated: Apr-28-16 12:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Insurers will seek significant premium hikes under President Barack Obama's health care law this summer - stiff medicine for consumers and voters ahead of the national political conventions.
- Deutsche Bank net profit falls 58 pct in turbulent markets Updated: Apr-28-16 9:20 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Deutsche Bank saw net profit fall 58 percent in the first quarter as turbulent financial markets deterred client activity and the bank pressed ahead with a costly restructuring of its business.
- Japan central bank holds fire on fresh monetary stimulus Updated: Apr-28-16 3:59 am
TOKYO - Japan's central bank stunned financial markets Thursday with a decision not to splash out still more monetary stimulus for the ailing economy - apart from zero-interest loans for an earthquake zone.
- While leaving US rates unchanged, Fed keeps an eye overseas Updated: Apr-28-16 1:03 am
WASHINGTON - When the Federal Reserve chose not to raise its key interest rate, it nevertheless made clear that its next move will be another increase. That stance puts it at odds with other major central banks, which are doing the reverse - seeking to ease credit to spur lending.
- Japan's central bank leaves monetary policy mostly unchanged Updated: Apr-27-16 11:35 pm
TOKYO - Japan's central bank left its unprecedented monetary stimulus mostly unchanged in a policy meeting Thursday, defying speculation it would open the taps further to boost growth.
- Lawmakers blast Valeant for price-gouging tactics Updated: Apr-27-16 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers accused Valeant Pharmaceuticals of gouging patients to reward Wall Street investors during a hearing Wednesday scrutinizing the embattled drugmaker's pricing tactics.
- Comparing the US Federal Reserve's views on world economy Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
A comparison of the Federal Reserve's statements from its two-day meeting that ended Wednesday and its meeting March 15-16:
- Anthem voices optimism on ACA exchange growth prospects Updated: Apr-27-16 1:59 pm
Health insurer Anthem aims to pull a small profit this year from the Affordable Care Act's public insurance exchanges, and its CEO said Wednesday he's "really glad" to be serving nearly 1 million people in this still-developing market.
- Nasdaq profit soars on lower restructuring charges Updated: Apr-27-16 1:48 pm
NEW YORK - Stock exchange operator Nasdaq said Wednesday that its first-quarter profit soared on lower restructuring charges.
- Anthem trumps Street 1Q forecasts, reaffirms 2016 guidance Updated: Apr-27-16 1:33 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Growing government business fueled Anthem in the first quarter, as earnings for the nation's second-largest health insurer easily topped Wall Street expectations.
- Barclays plc reports 1Q profit fell 7 percent. Updated: Apr-27-16 4:18 am
LONDON - Barclays plc said Wednesday that first-quarter earnings fell 7 percent, dragged down by businesses it intends to sell.
- Governor: Questions remain about Washington state auditor Updated: Apr-27-16 4:04 am
TACOMA, Washington - The first Washington state official indicted in 35 years escaped conviction at his five-week federal fraud trial, but that doesn't mean others in state government are any happier that he remains in office.
- Hawaii bill bans discrimination against transgender patients Updated: Apr-26-16 8:59 pm
HONOLULU - Insurance companies would not be allowed to discriminate against transgender patients under a bill passed by the Hawaii Legislature.
- Stung by low oil prices, Exxon loses 'AAA' rating from S&P Updated: Apr-26-16 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - Low oil prices have helped cost Exxon its pristine "AAA" credit rating from Standard & Poor's, a label it held for over six decades.
- Missouri lawmakers send bill on medical expenses to Nixon Updated: Apr-26-16 6:53 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers on Tuesday passed legislation to change how medical expenses are handled in court, sending the measure to Gov. Jay Nixon.
- NY attorney general: 7 insurers cover hepatitis C treatment Updated: Apr-26-16 1:46 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general says seven insurers have agreed to cover expensive hepatitis C treatments before patients show advanced symptoms of the disease like liver scarring.
- UnitedHealthcare leaving Iowa online marketplace Updated: Apr-26-16 6:26 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The nation's largest health insurance carrier says it will leave the Iowa marketplace for subsidized insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
- The Latest: No resolution in New Mexico pay-to-play deal Updated: Apr-25-16 8:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on New Mexico's settlement offer in a pay-to-play scandal under former Gov. Bill Richardson (all times local):
- New Jersey indict dozens in alleged bank fraud scheme Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Authorities in New Jersey have indicted four dozen people in a bank fraud scheme they say raked in more than $500,000.