- Signs of steady US economy: Rising pay and solid job market Updated: Nov-25-15 3:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans' pay is up, fewer people need unemployment aid, more are buying new homes and business spending is rebounding.
- US new-home sales rebound in October after September plummet Updated: Nov-25-15 11:06 am
WASHINGTON - Sales of new homes recovered in October after suffering a steep drop in September, returning to this year's trend of an improving market for real estate developers and builders.
- Baton Rouge-area home sales up 8.8 percent in October Updated: Nov-25-15 10:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Thanks to strong activity in East Baton Rouge and Livingston parishes, the number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge rose 8.8 percent in October from a year ago.
- Rhode Island home sales numbers encouraging Updated: Nov-24-15 12:07 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Sales of single-family homes in Rhode Island rose 8 percent last month when compared to the year-ago month.
- US home prices jump in September by most in more than a year Updated: Nov-24-15 11:51 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose in September from a year earlier at the fastest pace in 13 months as a lack of houses for sale has forced buyers to bid up available properties.
- Massachusetts single-family home sales up in October Updated: Nov-24-15 7:44 am
BOSTON - The number of single-family homes sold in Massachusetts last month shot up when compared to October 2014.
- US home sales slump in Oct. as higher prices weigh on buyers Updated: Nov-23-15 11:29 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans bought homes in October, a sign that rising home values may be pushing more would-be buyers to the real estate market's sidelines.
- California home sales cool in October, prices hold steady Updated: Nov-19-15 7:00 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home sales cooled in October after a summer rally, while prices held steady, a research firm said Thursday.
- Lowe's 3rd-quarter results top Street view as sales climb Updated: Nov-18-15 11:47 am
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - Lowe's third-quarter results beat analysts' estimates as its sales rose, buoyed by the ongoing housing market recovery.
- Oct. home construction slumps on fewer apartment buildings Updated: Nov-18-15 10:11 am
WASHINGTON - Apartment construction plunged sharply in October, as the pace of homebuilding slipped amid a broader cooling of the real estate market.
- Median Las Vegas-area home price remains $220K in October Updated: Nov-09-15 8:11 am
LAS VEGAS - Southern Nevada real estate agents say the area's median home price remained steady for a third straight month in October, at $220,000.
- Report: Connecticut home sales surge 24 percent in September Updated: Nov-05-15 2:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A real estate research group says single-family home sales jumped more than 24 percent in September, the strongest September in nine years.
- Montgomery to consider bill on home-sale radon tests Updated: Nov-03-15 3:16 am
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Montgomery County officials are scheduled to take action on a bill requiring radon tests in single-family homes before purchase.
- US construction spending rises 0.6 percent in September Updated: Nov-02-15 11:58 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending rose 0.6 percent in September to the highest level since March 2008, pushed up by a surge in apartment building.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Oct-30-15 10:03 am
All times are Eastern
- Fewer Americans signed contracts to buy homes in September Updated: Oct-29-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON - September marked a slowdown in Americans signing contracts to buy homes, the second consecutive decline for a real estate market that has been rebounding for the first half of 2015.
- Sales of RI single-family homes up 12 percent in 3rd quarter Updated: Oct-29-15 8:40 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Home sales in Rhode Island maintained a strong pace during the three-month period from July through September.