- Rhode Island sees record home sales in 1st quarter of 2016 Updated: Apr-27-16 4:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A nonprofit group that tracks the housing market says more single-family homes were sold in Rhode Island during the first quarter of 2016 than during any other first quarter in three decades.
- Massachusetts single-family home, condo sales soar in March Updated: Apr-26-16 10:49 am
BOSTON - More single-family homes were sold in Massachusetts last month than in any March since 2004, according to one group that tracks the market.
- US home prices rise at solid pace, even with flat sales Updated: Apr-26-16 9:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices continued their steady upward march in February as buyers competed for a limited number of available properties.
- Hyundai Motor's profit down 12 percent on China sales Updated: Apr-26-16 3:37 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Hyundai Motor Co. has reported a 12 percent drop in its first-quarter net profit as lower sales in China, Russia and Brazil outweighed higher vehicle shipments at home and favorable foreign exchange rates.
- US new-home sales fall in March for third straight month Updated: Apr-25-16 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped back from buying new homes in March, the third straight monthly decline as sales plunged sharply in the Western states.
- Single-family home sales in Rhode Island soar 23 percent Updated: Apr-25-16 7:35 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The number of single-family homes sold in Rhode Island in March shot up by 23 percent when compared to the same month a year ago.
- Maine home sales, prices heat up in early 2016 Updated: Apr-22-16 11:04 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sales of houses and the prices of homes are both rising in Maine.
- PulteGroup beats Street 1Q forecasts on sales boost Updated: Apr-21-16 12:09 pm
NEW YORK - The homebuilder PulteGroup Inc. reported a 51 percent jump in first-quarter profit on an increase in both home sales and sales prices.
- More Americans are expected to remodel their homes this year Updated: Apr-21-16 9:06 am
WASHINGTON - A rising number of Americans are preparing to renovate their homes this year, a potential boost for the economy, according to projections released Thursday by Harvard University's Joint Center for Housing Studies.
- US home sales rebounded in March after February dip Updated: Apr-20-16 10:29 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. homebuyers crowded back into the market in March, kicking off a solid start to the spring buying season after sales had slumped in February.
- California home sales, median price increase in March Updated: Apr-19-16 3:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - California homes notched increases in sales and price in March, hitting a $415,000 median last reached during 2015's strong summer market.
- US homebuilder sentiment held steady in April Updated: Apr-18-16 1:13 pm
U.S. homebuilders' confidence held steady in April, reflecting an overall optimistic outlook in the market for new homes even as a gauge of current sales fell slightly.
- Scandal-hit VW global sales off 0.2 percent in March Updated: Apr-15-16 11:32 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Volkswagen AG saw global sales for all its brands slip 0.2 percent in March as the company works to overcome a scandal over cars that were rigged to cheat on diesel emissions tests.
- As housing market soars, poorest renters are priced out Updated: Apr-10-16 3:05 am
BREMERTON, Washington - Crystal Turner stood in the kitchen of her cramped apartment and stared at the cracks in the fake wood flooring beneath her feet.
- Trustee in pricey Colorado town struggles to find a home Updated: Apr-06-16 5:40 pm
CARBONDALE, Colorado - A homeless town leader in a community that has seen surging home prices thanks to spillover from nearby Aspen, Colorado, may have to give up her seat unless she can find a place she can afford.
- Lennar beats 1Q profit forecasts on home sales boost Updated: Mar-29-16 8:01 am
NEW YORK - Lennar Corp. reported higher earnings for its fiscal first-quarter, beating expectations on an increase in homes sold and higher sales prices.