- Pending US home sales hit highest level since February '06 Updated: May-26-16 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - Americans signed more contracts to buy homes in April for the third straight month, driving pending home sales to the highest level in more than a decade.
- A rising housing market lifts builders, home goods retailers Updated: May-24-16 1:41 pm
NEW YORK - A new report from the U.S. that showed Americans are snapping up homes at a pace not seen since the housing bust-fueled recession pushed the trading of shares of all companies affiliated with the sector into overdrive Tuesday.
- US new-home sales jump to highest level in more than 8 years Updated: May-24-16 10:36 am
WASHINGTON - Americans ramped up their purchases of new homes in April to the highest level since January 2008, evidence of a strong start to the spring buying season.
- Massachusetts home sales soar; median prices also rise Updated: May-24-16 8:54 am
BOSTON - Sales of single-family homes in Massachusetts soared to their highest level for the month of April in more than a decade, according to two organizations that track the housing market.
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest Updated: May-20-16 10:41 am
WASHINGTON - Midwestern homebuyers helped spark a national increase in real estate sales during April, a sign that demand for housing remains steady despite rising prices and tight inventories.
- San Francisco Bay area lifts California home prices in April Updated: May-18-16 5:21 pm
SAN DIEGO - Record highs in the San Francisco Bay area helped lift California home prices last month to their loftiest levels since September 2007, a research firm said Wednesday. Sales were soft.
- Washington home prices up 8.1 percent over last year Updated: May-13-16 12:50 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Housing prices across the state continued to rise in the first quarter of 2016, driven by a low supply of homes for sale.
- Colorado lawmakers finally confront state's housing crunch Updated: May-05-16 10:15 pm
DENVER - Proposals to tackle Colorado's skyrocketing housing costs have finally been offered in the state Legislature. But lawmakers don't have much time to settle on complicated measures to expand affordable housing.
- Rhode Island sees record home sales in 1st quarter of 2016 Updated: Apr-27-16 4:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A nonprofit group that tracks the housing market says more single-family homes were sold in Rhode Island during the first quarter of 2016 than during any other first quarter in three decades.
- Massachusetts single-family home, condo sales soar in March Updated: Apr-26-16 10:49 am
BOSTON - More single-family homes were sold in Massachusetts last month than in any March since 2004, according to one group that tracks the market.
- US home prices rise at solid pace, even with flat sales Updated: Apr-26-16 9:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices continued their steady upward march in February as buyers competed for a limited number of available properties.