- Correction: The Month Ahead story Updated: Aug-31-15 12:35 pm
In a story Aug. 28, about upcoming events, The Associated Press reported erroneously the dates of business events expected in the first week in September.
- Baton Rouge-area home sales increase in July Updated: Aug-27-15 7:02 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the second month in a row, the number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge increased from a year ago.
- The Latest: Dow fell more than 600 points from day's peak Updated: Aug-25-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the global financial market turmoil (all times local):
- US new-home sales rebound in July Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their purchases of new homes in July, with sales surging in the Northeast.
- US home prices rise steadily in June as sales pick up Updated: Aug-25-15 9:59 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose solidly in June, another sign of health in the housing market.
- US home sales soar in July to fastest pace since early 2007 Updated: Aug-20-15 12:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their home-buying for a third straight month in July, as sales accelerated to the strongest pace in eight years.
- California home sales remain robust, hold at nine-year high Updated: Aug-19-15 7:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Sales of California homes remained robust in July, with the number of houses and condos sold hitting a nine-year high for the second month in a row, a research firm reported Wednesday.
- Killer deal: 'The Silence of the Lambs' house up for sale Updated: Aug-19-15 1:01 pm
PERRYOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - Celebrate your purchase of this lovely four-bedroom Victorian with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
- Lowe's 2Q revenue tops Street, appliance sales strong Updated: Aug-19-15 6:43 am
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - Lowe's second-quarter revenue beat analyst estimates as customer stocked up on things like appliances and outdoor power equipment.
- Wisconsin sees strong showing in residential housing market Updated: Aug-18-15 11:43 am
MILWAUKEE - Economists credit the state's unemployment rate and pent up demand for Wisconsin's strong showing so far this year in residential real estate.
- Home Depot separates itself from retail crowd in 2Q Updated: Aug-18-15 11:38 am
NEW YORK - Homes are getting a lot of TLC from their owners of late, which means better sales for businesses like Home Depot.
- Single-family houses fuel gains in US homebuilding in July Updated: Aug-18-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders started work on single-family houses last month at the fastest pace since the Great Recession began in late 2007.
- US mortgage debt little changed even as sales, prices rise Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans are buying more homes and at higher prices, yet new data shows that mortgage debt is little changed.