- 2 points from loss, Serena wins at Wimbledon; Venus next Updated: Jul-03-15 9:17 pm
LONDON - Twice, Serena Williams stood merely two points from a loss at Wimbledon against a British opponent buoyed by a roaring, flag-waving Centre Court crowd.
- Isner at it again at Wimbledon, tied 10-all in 5th vs. Cilic Updated: Jul-03-15 5:54 pm
LONDON - Marathon man John Isner is at it again at Wimbledon.
- The Latest: Isner in another long one at Wimbledon Updated: Jul-03-15 4:12 pm
LONDON - The latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Wimbledon's Centre Court evacuated after small fire Updated: Jul-01-15 6:03 pm
LONDON - A small electrical fire broke out inside Wimbledon's Centre Court building on Wednesday, causing an evacuation after play had ended for the day.
- Record heat at Wimbledon causes issues for ball boy, players Updated: Jul-01-15 1:57 pm
LONDON - The heat at Wimbledon on Wednesday caused a ball boy to collapse, a player to feel "dizzy" and thermometers to rise to record levels for the tournament.
- Nishikori pulls out of Wimbledon with calf injury Updated: Jul-01-15 8:50 am
LONDON - After fighting through a calf injury in the first round at Wimbledon, Kei Nishikori couldn't even step onto Centre Court for his second match.
- Williams sisters pull out of doubles at Wimbledon Updated: Jun-30-15 12:36 pm
LONDON - The Williams sisters pulled out of women's doubles at Wimbledon on Tuesday, with Serena saying it's because she wants to focus on her bid for a fourth consecutive Grand Slam title in singles.
- 2002 champ Hewitt loses in 1st round at his last Wimbledon Updated: Jun-29-15 3:22 pm
LONDON - The last Wimbledon singles contest of 2002 champion Lleyton Hewitt's career was a back-and-forth, 4-hour tussle in which he saved three match points before finally succumbing 11-9 in the fifth set.
- David Ferrer withdraws from Wimbledon with wrist injury Updated: Jun-28-15 8:36 am
LONDON - Spanish player David Ferrer has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of an elbow injury.
- Bencic wins Eastbourne final for 1st WTA title Updated: Jun-27-15 11:48 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Swiss teenager Belinda Bencic won her first title by beating Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 in the Eastbourne final on Saturday, enhancing her burgeoning reputation ahead of Wimbledon.
- Djokovic avoids Federer, Murray, Nadal in Wimbledon draw Updated: Jun-26-15 7:21 am
LONDON - Defending champion Novak Djokovic avoided his three biggest traditional rivals in the Wimbledon draw on Friday as the other members of tennis' "Big Four" were all placed on the opposite side.
- Simon, Mayer lose in quarterfinals at Nottingham Open Updated: Jun-25-15 4:05 pm
NOTTINGHAM, England - Gilles Simon and Leonardo Mayer were eliminated from the grass-court Nottingham Open, leaving an unlikely lineup for the semifinals omn Thursday.
- Former Oklahoma State tennis player qualifies for Wimbledon Updated: Jun-25-15 2:52 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Former Oklahoma State tennis player Oleksandr Nedovyesov has qualified for Wimbledon.
- 2-time champ Rafael Nadal seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon Updated: Jun-24-15 6:57 am
LONDON - Two-time champion Rafael Nadal was seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon on Wednesday, his lowest seeding ever at the All England Club.
- Australian Nick Kyrgios splits with coach Todd Larkham Updated: Jun-22-15 6:54 pm
SYDNEY - Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios has split with coach Todd Larkham less than a week before the start of Wimbledon, saying on his website Tuesday that the pair "mutually agreed" to part ways.
- Wimbledon champ Kvitova out of Eastbourne through illness Updated: Jun-22-15 11:46 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova pulled out of the Eastbourne grass-court tournament on Monday because of illness, disrupting her preparations for the defense of her title at the All England Club starting next week.
- Pliskova, Kerber to meet in WTA Birmingham final Updated: Jun-20-15 2:42 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic reached her first grass-court final when she beat Kristina Mladenovic of France 6-2, 7-6 (6) in the Aegon Classic on Saturday.
- Tsonga doubtful for Wimbledon with abdominal injury Updated: Jun-19-15 11:35 am
PARIS - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has pulled out of the Nottingham Open with an abdominal injury, casting doubts on his participation at Wimbledon.
- Hewitt and Mahut granted Wimbledon wild cards Updated: Jun-17-15 6:53 am
LONDON - Lleyton Hewitt will be making his final main draw appearance at Wimbledon after the 2002 champion was granted a wild card for the singles tournament by the All England Club on Wednesday.
- Boris Becker to seek British citizenship 'eventually' Updated: Jun-10-15 3:39 pm
LONDON - Boris Becker says he enjoys living in Wimbledon so much that he's going to apply for British citizenship at some point in the future.
- Fendrich on Tennis: Williams' Slam bid moves on to Wimbledon Updated: Jun-08-15 11:45 am
PARIS - Serena Williams was only a few hours' removed from her second major trophy of 2015, putting her halfway to a true Grand Slam, when she expressed a wish for a particular outcome in the following day's men's final at the French Open.