- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: May-03-16 10:20 am
The Manhattan Mercury, May 2
- Study analyzes impact of Washington state coal-export plan Updated: Apr-29-16 6:25 pm
SEATTLE - A coal-export terminal proposed along the Columbia River in southwest Washington state could have unavoidable, significant impacts on greenhouse gases emissions, vessel traffic and rail safety, according to an environmental review released Friday.
- French rail strike disrupts commuters across the country Updated: Apr-26-16 5:55 am
PARIS - A French rail strike has seriously disrupted train service around the country, canceling a slew of train routes and snarling commutes for hundreds of thousands in Paris and in the provinces.
- Port of Call: South Carolina looking at second inland port Updated: Apr-20-16 11:57 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Building on the success of its first inland port in Greer, the South Carolina Ports Authority announced Wednesday it hopes to build a second one off Interstate 95 in the northeastern corner of the state.
- Population rebounds around train stations in New Jersey Updated: Apr-16-16 11:20 am
PATERSON, New Jersey - When Kevin Eleby started commuting by train to New York City in 2001, the station in downtown Paterson was nearly empty. Every morning he climbed the stairs to the platform to wait alongside three other riders.