- Medical emergency sends Boston-bound plane to NY; pilot dies Updated: Oct-05-15 5:20 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - An American Airlines flight from Phoenix to Boston was diverted to Syracuse, New York, Monday morning after the captain became ill and later died, according to an airline spokeswoman.
- Workers attack Air France managers, forcing them to flee Updated: Oct-05-15 12:57 pm
PARIS - Union activists protesting nearly 3,000 proposed layoffs at Air France stormed the headquarters during a meeting Monday, zeroing in on two managers who had their shirts torn from their bodies, scaled a fence and fled under police protection.
- Russian second largest airline in crisis as bankruptcy looms Updated: Oct-02-15 10:34 am
MOSCOW - Russia's second-largest airline, Transaero, is in crisis after two creditors on Friday said they will file bankruptcy proceedings following the collapse of a takeover plan.
- Dayton pushes for change to driver's license Updated: Sep-23-15 9:49 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton says he's strongly advocating a change in Minnesota's driver's license to make it compliant with federal air travel requirements, even if it means summoning legislators to a special session.
- US airlines step up campaign against rivals from Middle East Updated: Sep-18-15 5:24 pm
The CEOs of American Airlines and Delta Air Lines met with Secretary of State John Kerry as they stepped up their fight against what they say is unfair competition from the three biggest Middle East airlines.
- Planes clip each other on ground at Los Angeles airport Updated: Sep-14-15 8:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Officials say two planes clipped each other while on the ground at Los Angeles International Airport, but no one was hurt.
- Airline on-time performance rises in July, as do complaints Updated: Sep-10-15 5:40 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. airlines are posting better results for on-time performance and fewer cancelations but complaints are still rising.
- Vegas plane fire passengers escaped with lives - and bags Updated: Sep-10-15 9:50 am
LOS ANGELES - Passengers on the British Airways jet whose engine caught fire just before takeoff in Las Vegas escaped with their lives - and some with their carry-ons, as well.
- New United Airlines CEO faces long list of challenges Updated: Sep-10-15 9:49 am
The new CEO of United Airlines faces a daunting list of problems he must fix, including late flights and technology that too often suffers embarrassing outages.
- Allegiant offering new flights from Memphis to Phoenix Updated: Sep-10-15 4:02 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Allegiant Air says it is adding nonstop flights connecting Memphis and Phoenix starting in December.
- Fort Worth man gets 4 months in prison over disrupted flight Updated: Sep-09-15 12:28 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - A Fort Worth man has been sentenced to four months in prison for disrupting a Southwest Airlines flight and forcing an unscheduled landing in Amarillo.
- Man pleads not guilty to sexual contact with girl on plane Updated: Sep-08-15 5:24 pm
CHICAGO - A Pakistani physician pleaded not guilty Tuesday to allegations that he inappropriately touched a girl seated next to him on an American Airlines flight from New York City to Chicago.