- Prosecutors: Woman abused elderly client with dementia Updated: Jun-02-15 7:07 am
SALEM, Massachusetts - A woman who worked as a live-in caretaker for a 70-year-old Beverly resident has been charged with abuse.
- Obama to host conference on aging at White House in July Updated: May-28-15 9:48 am
BOSTON - President Barack Obama has announced plans to host a conference on aging at the White House in July.
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: May-27-15 1:02 pm
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers:
- Hawaii ranks fourth in senior health report Updated: May-27-15 9:14 am
HONOLULU - According to a new report, Hawaii fell two spots from last year and placed fourth in the nation for the health of its senior citizens.
- Study peeks into healthy brains to hunt Alzheimer's culprit Updated: May-26-15 1:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Sticky plaque gets the most attention, but now healthy seniors at risk of Alzheimer's are letting scientists peek into their brains to see if another culprit is lurking.
- Study: Florida ranks in the middle of pack for senior health Updated: May-26-15 3:05 am
ORLANDO, Florida - A new study ranks Florida in the middle of the pack when it comes to the health of its seniors.
- Agent: 'Lawrence of Arabia' star Omar Sharif has Alzheimer's Updated: May-25-15 6:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Legendary "Lawrence of Arabia" actor Omar Sharif is battling Alzheimer's disease, his agent Steve Kenis confirmed to The Associated Press on Monday.
- White House Conference on Aging to hold forum in Boston Updated: May-25-15 3:13 pm
BOSTON - The White House Conference on Aging will hold its fifth and final regional forum in Boston this week.
- Aging Catholic nuns get care at Jewish nursing home Updated: May-24-15 12:22 pm
NEW YORK - For 98-year-old Sister Angela Rooney, it was one of the most jarring moves of her life.
- US appeals court upholds delay in Alzheimer's drug swap Updated: May-22-15 2:00 pm
ALBANY, New York - A federal appeals court has rejected a drug manufacturer's appeal and affirmed a judge's order that Actavis PLC keep distributing its widely used Alzheimer's medication until after its patent expires this summer.
- CVS paying $10.4B in cash for drug distributor Omnicare Updated: May-21-15 3:35 pm
CVS Health will pay more than $10 billion for pharmaceutical distributor Omnicare in a deal primed to feed its fast-growing specialty drug business and tap a lucrative and growing market: care for the elderly.
- Aging skiers bring new demands for sports medicine Updated: May-08-15 11:38 am
VAIL, Colorado - A few years ago, the National Ski Areas Association released numbers confirming the existence of something that many here have enjoyed contributing: an aging skier population.
- Broadway stars to celebrate B. Smith, help fight Alzheimer's Updated: May-06-15 11:34 am
NEW YORK - Broadway stars and singers will come together next week to celebrate former model and restaurateur B. Smith and raise money to help people with Alzheimer's disease.
- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on aging parents Updated: May-05-15 10:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Each time 81-year-old Bill Dworsky or his 80-year-old wife Dorothy opens the refrigerator, closes the bathroom door or lifts the lid on a pill container, tiny sensors in their San Francisco home make notes on a digital logbook.