- Report: NFL sought to influence study on brain injuries Updated: May-23-16 5:38 pm
WASHINGTON - National Football League officials improperly sought to influence a government study on the link between football and brain disease, according to a senior House Democrat in a report issued Monday.
- Elderly woman, health aide critically hurt in NYC fire Updated: May-23-16 3:17 am
NEW YORK - Fire officials say an elderly woman with Alzheimer's and her home health aide were severely burned in a fire at the woman's New York City apartment over the weekend.
- Loneliness hurts: Senior health about more than disease Updated: May-16-16 3:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Grandma's cholesterol is OK, but maybe the doctor should be asking about her social life, too.
- Longtime Tennessean political reporter Daughtrey dead at 76 Updated: May-13-16 8:19 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Larry Daughtrey, a longtime political reporter and columnist for The Tennessean newspaper, has died. He was 76.
- Brain scans find protein a marker of Alzheimer's decline Updated: May-11-16 2:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Scientists are peeking inside living brains to watch for the first time as a toxic duo of plaques and tangles interact to drive Alzheimer's disease - and those tangles may predict early symptoms, a finding with implications for better treatments.
- Senate's power brokers are aging; several to seek new terms Updated: May-08-16 9:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Millennials have emerged as the nation's largest living generation yet that demographic shift isn't reflected in the upper reaches of the Republican-controlled Senate, where the body's oldest members are the power brokers.
- In Easton, it takes a village to build a community Updated: May-02-16 11:09 am
EASTON, Pennsylvania - A resident of Easton's historic College Hill for nearly 30 years, Mary Liz Colley, at 70, is starting to think about how she will continue to stay in the home where she raised two sons and the neighborhood where she enjoys walking quiet, tree-lined streets.
- Silver Alerts tested for Alzheimer's patients lost on foot Updated: Apr-30-16 9:33 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Three Florida counties will test a new way to alert authorities when Alzheimer's patients walk away from caretakers.
- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Health aide, elderly woman escape just before train hits car Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 am
BEDFORD HILLS, New York - Authorities say a health aide and her 87-year-old passenger fled to safety seconds before a train smashed into their car.